Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

It's been 2am all season. Simulcast with the US. True Detective will be the same when it starts. To be fair, it's the only way they will ever be able to reduce people torrenting shows.

Given though that most people won't have been able to watch it until the Monday evening I'm probably in favour of spoilers until that airing.

95% of the time common sense on here regarding spoilers prevails

So it was a 2am start this time? My apologies. Should absolutely be fair game then.

EDIT: That's not sarcasm btw. It's a consistent gauge for spoilers.

Yeah, I record it then watch it after work.

Don't see the issue with the lad not using spoilers tbh.

Further to that, they'll definitely burn his body, which, if he's actually a Targaryen will be left undamaged by the fire? Jon will then be reborn as Azor Ahai? That's why they can say that Jon is "definitely" dead.

Aemon's body burned though. I assume that's because he was already dead.

Also, if he is dead and never to come back, what the f**k was the point of his character?

It did give plenty of insight into the White Walker aspect, but I still think he has to be more important long term than that.

I wish they'd kill off the Sam character. He's dull and whingey as f**k.

I'd think Sam's been sent away because one way or another as he's no longer integral to Jon and his storyline (he's either no longer in the Night's Watch or he's dead. He's not a strong enough character to be the lead going forward for the story arc at The Wall.

It's been 2am all season. Simulcast with the US. True Detective will be the same when it starts. To be fair, it's the only way they will ever be able to reduce people torrenting shows.

Given though that most people won't have been able to watch it until the Monday evening I'm probably in favour of spoilers until that airing.

95% of the time common sense on here regarding spoilers prevails

I'd suggest the general rule going forward for shows like this which simulcast through the night like True Detective should be spoilers until it's "Prime Time" airing.

I knew he was a goner for weeks. Jaw dropped a bit that it actually happened but as soon as wee Ollie walked through the door I knew what was coming.

Had a bet with the Mrs that he was copping it. She's a huge JS fan but she said if he dies she'll still watch the show. The Yanks are morons.

Right, they are all away watching it now. This is fucking hilarious. Which one were you? I was the shouty boy.

i like the couple at about 1min in she is greetin and he looks like he does not care.

Oh dear Stannis, that is why tactics > religion all the time, no matter what magic the crazy religious woman can conjurer out of her pussy. Burn your daughter then attack a castle on foot in winter?

Edited by dorlomin

They definitely left some doors open, the books and TV are converging and are heading in different ways, best not to be too hasty with futures, I mean, by rights Sansa and Theon should be dead, that jump was massive. Without Jon (in theory) they've not really got a white able-bodied het sexbomb emotional lead and that will not fly. The episode played with the idea of mercy throughout, I reckon some will have died who you thought might have lived and vice versa.

They definitely left some doors open, the books and TV are converging and are heading in different ways, best not to be too hasty with futures, I mean, by rights Sansa and Theon should be dead, that jump was massive. Without Jon (in theory) they've not really got a white able-bodied het sexbomb emotional lead and that will not fly. The episode played with the idea of mercy throughout, I reckon some will have died who you thought might have lived and vice versa.

Sansa and Theon won't be dead. I think we all know that really. Even they wouldn't be daft enough to kill two main characters off like that. More likely they will have jumped onto thin ice and into a moat, given the sudden thaw.

Like others have thought, no way Jon will be dead, Mel getting to Castle Black just in time to save him. Pretty convenient she could foresee everything apart from all Stannis' troops deserting him though, some God that must be. The whole Jon story has been pretty predictable this whole series, the Ollie signpost was there right from the start. But remember was Sam said to him during the Hardhome episode, "Jon always comes back."

The Dorne payoff was shite in the short term, but leads to some fascinating possiblities. The imprisoned Prince, revenge for Mrycella and of course Jaime's return to KL, which might be interesting given what has been happening in his absence.

And I need to burn my Knight's Watch tee shirt as well. c***s.

Also for book people - Is Gendry in them and does he just vanish on a boat in those as well?

Not really a book spoiler, as technically the answer is unknown but I'll tag it anway

Gendry is a show invention, there is a similar character in the book i.e a Baratheon b*****d but it's not the same character. Wouldn't expect him back tbh, seems to just have been a plot device for the Baratheon b*****d culling.

Edited by Christophe