Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

How does Stannis get introduced in the book? For someone so desperate for power, killing numerous members of his own family in it's pursuit, I don't get why his brother was installed as king considering his determination compared to Robert's (Shall we say more relaxed personality - although I acknowledge he was supposedly much more ferocious in his heyday).

Also, what was Stannis supposedly up to before he got news of Robert's death?

He gets mentioned a few times early on, but just in the passing. I got to the bit tonight where he was being talked about for the first time in any detail and the first thing that is mentioned is his ugly daughter. Rude b*****ds.

Then it goes on to say how Stonnis was wanting to get get rid of all the brothels in Kings Landing, and saying how stern and serious he was. Didn't mention his grammar obsession to be fair.

Then he left to Drogonstane while Robert and the Lannistairs were travelling to Winterfall.

Sounds like the Pro Evo Soccer version of Game of Thrones.

The battle raged around them. He knelt down and pulled her closer. The arrow had pierced her heart, she was dying. Then with her last breath she uttered "You know nothing Don Snaw"

The battle raged around them. He knelt down and pulled her closer. The arrow had pierced her heart, she was dying. Then with her last breath she uttered "You know nothing Don Snaw"

Hodar!!!

Hear me, Dennis Targaryen. The glass candles are burning. Soon comes the pale mare, and after her the others. Kraken and dark flame, lion and griffin, the sun’s son and the mummer’s dragon. Trust none of them. Remember the Undying. Beware the perfumed seneschal.

Edited by Fide

The burning of Shireen (if that's the right name) really was about as brutal a GoT moment as there has been. Kinda makes the show what it is at the same time though? In my opinion it actually shoulda been the last scene of the episode...

There's a lot of TV with great acting, directing, sets, writing and general interest, but I can scarcely think of a show where when something like that is building up you're like 'f**k, they're actually gonna do it eh?' as much as I can with Thrones.

So often with shows your hero - or your innocent as in the case of Shireen - gets put in jeopardy and gets saved at the last minute but in Thrones every time someone is in danger you're just genuinely on the edge of your seat as anything could happen at all. Although, having said that, the scene where the guy had the sword at Jorah's throat and there was all the theatrics, it kinda seemed like that was just never gonna happen. Surely if you're in a free for all fight for the death like some sort of medieval Call of Duty then you're no gonna just like hover over a guy's throat with a blade and soak up the atmosphere?

I wasn't fully enamoured by it but totally agree it should have been the final scene, but then that would've possibly left them too much to get through next week.

The climatic scene was even worse upon second viewing, slightly dodgy cgi and what can only described as amateur hour editing. Perhaps the two were related. Think it would've been better and a bit more badass if they'd given her a whip.

So, I'm hearing the final episode has leaked online?

4 pictures have leaked. I wish I hadn't looked at them - 2 are spoilers for book readers too.

BOOK AND SHOW SPOILERS

Two images are of Jon Snow - one of him after being stabbed lying on the ground dying, and the second of him with "warg eyes", presumably warging into ghost.

There's a photo of Stannis's wife having just hanged herself.

There's a photo of Cercei with her head shorn ready to do the walk of shame.

In the book it ended with Jon snow dying, so the warging is a twist - though pretty much what everyone expected. Stannis's wife hasn't died in the books yet either.

x3iSd8Z.jpg

Edited by RCR

Surely if you're in a free for all fight for the death like some sort of medieval Call of Duty then you're no gonna just like hover over a guy's throat with a blade and soak up the atmosphere?

I got the impression he was waiting for his Queens signal to kill his downed foe tbh, as in the thumb down or thumb up moment. Maybe theres some law where killing someone without approval is acceptable unless hes unarmed and on the ground?