Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Bit disappointed by the battle. They could easily have trimmed some earlier episodes in the series, put the full battle in and probably still made 5 packed episodes instead of 4.

The rest leaves questions all over the place though.

I think Stannis probably is dead, don't see why Brienne would have suddenly spared him. Is that the end of the Barratheon bloodline altogether then?

I think Theon & Sansa are alive and will either make their way to the Iron Islands, Brienne and Pod will find them, or both.

Melisandre will no doubt save Jon. Was almost waiting for some footsteps crunching in the snow at the end there.

Drogon's fine, he was licking his wounds and just needing time to recover. Hopefully Dany being back with the Dothraki isn't a going back to the start kinda thing, and instead with Drogon they unite behind her again and we get to see her march on.

Probably watch it again later on to take it all in. And to see those tits again TBH.

Bit disappointed by the battle. They could easily have trimmed some earlier episodes in the series, put the full battle in and probably still made 5 packed episodes instead of 4.

The rest leaves questions all over the place though.

I think Stannis probably is dead, don't see why Brienne would have suddenly spared him. Is that the end of the Barratheon bloodline altogether then?

I think Theon & Sansa are alive and will either make their way to the Iron Islands, Brienne and Pod will find them, or both.

Melisandre will no doubt save Jon. Was almost waiting for some footsteps crunching in the snow at the end there.

Drogon's fine, he was licking his wounds and just needing time to recover. Hopefully Dany being back with the Dothraki isn't a going back to the start kinda thing, and instead with Drogon they unite behind her again and we get to see her march on.

Probably watch it again later on to take it all in. And to see those tits again TBH.

Perhaps this is the road for Gendry's re-introduction? They could legitimise him as he's the only known surviving Baratheon in the tv show.

Apart from the 'king' obviously.

Edited by Kyle

I'm still trying to process all I've just seen.

I thought that episode was superb, with the exception of the battle at Winterfell.

Arya's part was so predictable, I said last week that's what would happen.

Daenerys will surely kick f**k out of everyone now, with the unsullied and a massive dothraki army at her disposal.

I think the mountain will go to town, on the high sparrow and his gang.

Unsure about the Sansa storyline.

Kit Harington has confirmed that Jon Snow is definitely dead, and the role wont be getting reprised.

Highlight of the entire episode was;

I'm a Lannister, suck me off

Edited by DavidMcG

If you're referring to me, then when does it become acceptable to talk about an episode?

After it's been aired at it's normal time surely?

Not everyone will watch it at 2am going into Monday, or indeed before it's proper UK air time...

Have spoilered his post.

General rules are it's good to openly talk about it once it's aired in UK.

Game of Thrones this season has already technically aired but given the timeslot it airs, we still keep it in spoilers until after it's UK evening airing (9pm - 10pm tonight)

Was just coming back on to spoiler them. I can understand the 'general rule' when it was a 9 o'clock air time, but as its officially released at at 2am I'd have assumed its fair game to talk about from then on.

Anyone complaining about spoliers after its available to watch, I'd say its tough shit. Why would you openly come on to a thread after the programme has been released, to then complain about people talking about it.

Perhaps this is the road for Gendry's re-introduction? They could legitimise him as he's the only known surviving Baratheon in the tv show.

Apart from the 'king' obviously.

You know, I can't believe after the amount of times we bring it up on here that I forgot about Gendry. Who's left that knows about him? Varys, Peter, Davos and Melisandre?

Re: the spoiler argument, I think it's fairly safe to say that the vast majority of people would regard 9pm as the air time and more importantly... you've just seen a page full of others using spoilers, why would you suddenly decide that you don't need to?

UK airdate is ALWAYS the spoiler rule. Even just reading this thread, it should be easy enough to figure out.

The UK airdate was 2am this morning but I'm glad when I read this thread on my lunch to gauge the reaction no-one had posted any spoilers - everyone has used spoilers until 9pm on the Monday until now so I felt safe.

First of all, I hate people being brought back to life in any fiction whether it's fantastical or not, but I can't see any other way they can handle Jon. He has a lot of storyline left to go imo and he didn't get out of the cockadoodie car. As people have said, Melisandre's super-fast return seems tee'd up to bring him back to life. Also seems like no-one will find out that Shireen didn't die in the battle so she'll be able to start manipulating zombie Jon.

I wasn't really all that bothered by the non-Battle of Winterfell. Stannis lost my support by killing his daughter and so I didn't really want either side to win. Without that tension and without many named characters involved you'd just end up with violence for the sake of violence and the show is more about character and dialogue for me. Was very unlike GRRM for Brienne to have the opportunity to revenge-kill him. Likewise Arya and what's-his-face from the King's Guard I suppose, although she did kill the Tickler in a more satisfying way in the books.

I'm glad Syrio didn't magically appear and I'm glad Benjen didn't magically appear. One of my colleagues was talking about the 'previously, on GOT' and it made me think there was a danger of both.

There were some amusing exchanges between Daario, Jorah and Tyrion. Started to worry Tyrion would be stuck with Hollyoaks and Captain Naebawz to banter with next season so was very glad to see Varys turn up.

Presumably Sansa is alive and Stannis is dead or the story just got really stupid.

Was genuinely shocked by Myrcella's death and felt surprisingly gutted. That Sand woman is a fuckwit.

Hopefully they get Daenerys to Westeros relatively quickly next season, but I've been hoping that for a while. No doubt persuading the Dothraki to do something or other will be a 10 episode arc.

Edited by The OP