Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Part of my problem is terrible memory, think another read is required, but its such a massive undertaking. Read them all in a row last year and was probably pretty burned out by the 4th and 5th ones

I realise as I type this that's it's probably a stupid question.

But given that I've watched the whole series so far, is it an absolute necessity that read the books in order, or could I go on to say the 3rd or 4th book straight away?

As you can see I'm anxious to continue the story.

But given that I've watched the whole series so far, is it an absolute necessity that read the books in order, or could I go on to say the 3rd or 4th book straight away?

You'd have no chance. You really need to start from the beginning.

Nah, you would need to begin from book one as there is plenty of other characters that are not included in the tv show. They are really good books as well.

Nah, you would need to begin from book one as there is plenty of other characters that are not included in the tv show. They are really good books as well.

Yeah I think I'll probably start from the first book, not sure how it will be given I know who gets their head cut off etc.

I reckon it will be good to put faces to names though.

Yeah I think I'll probably start from the first book, not sure how it will be given I know who gets their head cut off etc.

I reckon it will be good to put faces to names though.

Knowing what happens, it seems so obvious what's coming in the first book. Deep sense of foreboding throughout :P

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

We were at London Film and Comic Con this weekend and met loads of the cast including Peter Dinklage, Kristian Nairn, Jason Momoa etc.

Bit of shameless plugging but we are running a comp for everyone that likes and shares our facebook page gets entered into a prize draw to win a cast signed poster 8)

Link

Thanks

David

• 2 weeks later...

Mark Gattis from League of Gentlemen confirmed as being in the next series.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s151/game-of-thrones/news/a499202/sherlock-co-creator-mark-gatiss-joins-game-of-thrones-season-four.html

Wonder who he'll play?

Mace Tyrell maybe? I was hoping for Brendan Gleeson, but Gattis could work.

Will Doran even appear this series? Would have thought Oberyn (who's already been cast) would be the only one of the Dornish to appear this early, with Doran, Hotah and the rest coming in the following series.

Will Doran even appear this series? Would have thought Oberyn (who's already been cast) would be the only one of the Dornish to appear this early, with Doran, Hotah and the rest coming in the following series.

I don't think he will. He doesn't feature heavily until Feast for Crows (that said Theon doesnt come back until Dance with Dragons yet was in the last series). I think it's difficult to bring too many new characters into each series as well without making it confusing. An hour an episode isn't long enough to explain things. I think we'll start to see a lot of characters, and maybe some storylines, being ommitted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...