Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

This. I get that he likes to push the boundaires of WUM-ing, but I was SEETHING. It's as if the more he gets left behind in the industry, the more deseperate his attempts become.

i think it's hilarious.

People obviously follow him on twitter because they enjoy him being a dick and making nasty comments but when he does something wide to them they starts act butthurt.

The irony in people who have actually signed up to read him say shocking things get pissef off because it effects them rather than jordans wean or someone in a talent show is delicious.

Edited by T_S_A_R

Was just reading a bunch of stuff about this episode and was interesting to read (for me anyway) that George R.R Martin based the Red Wedding on events from Scottish history (The Black Dinner and the Glencoe Massacre).

There's been a couple of events similar to this about treachery at a wedding feast. The original Black Douglas (as opposed to the one at the Black Dinner at Edinburgh Castle) was a real charmer when it came to marriage - one of his party pieces being wedding a widow via a king's decree in order to get her lands. The wedding was no sooner over than he took her to the top of the castle tower & shoved her off it!

If Martin is copying from historical events, the events of the Featherstone Castle wedding hunt will probably end up getting used, as it's been a staple of historical dramas over the centuries.

f**k the Starks, I could see that coming for a while. What about Yrgritte? She now officially has the tidiest living arse on the show.

Was pleased to see that Mackenzie Crook getting it.

Poor direwolf.

Ygritte is a munter.

Just re-watched Season 1 and 2, while watching Season 3 for the first time. Absolutely phenomenal.

Didn't truely appreciate the "Red Wedding" patter until they were all butchered :lol:

So who is King/Queen of the North?

Joffrey, the rebellion is over. Bolton will be the Warden of the North or whatever title Ned had at the start.

Caught up on the episode this morning. Never read the books and don't look at spoilers, but from the moment they arrived at Frey's place I knew bad shit was going to go down. There was somehow a sort of atmosphere about it. Then there were the numerous clues throughout, the most obvious being Roose Bolton not drinking used as a juxtaposition against how much every else was drinking.

Gutted that Robb got his totties. As someone said earlier, it was the hope that he and his maw might get away only for them to be finished off that truly made it. Really hoping for Frey to get smashed. I was delighted when Crastor got his, but now I'm desperate for Frey to get burst. And the Boltons. The episode where Jaime and Brienne are brought to Roose showed that Roose was in the pockets of the Lannisters, but it was still a surprise to see him so brazenly kill off Robb.

Like another poster, was delighted to see the wildling played by Mackenzie Crook get killed. Bad chat on Jon leaving Ygritte though. Glad that Rickon is fucking off. He's just a nippy wee c**t.

Things are really heating up on Essos. Daenerys must surely be close to having an army big enough to cross the sea.

What was the relevance of the music before the slaughter? You saw Catelyn react to hearing the song, but as I have only seen each episode as they have aired on TV I forget the relevance of the song. Where has it previously cropped up in the TV series?

What was the relevance of the music before the slaughter? You saw Catelyn react to hearing the song, but as I have only seen each episode as they have aired on TV I forget the relevance of the song. Where has it previously cropped up in the TV series?

It's a House Lannister song. It popped up a couple of weeks ago when Cersei was reminding Margaery about the lyrics.

Edited by Rossco1893

As Rossco mentioned, it is a Lannister song

Not sure how it is covered in the books, but Cersei said it was along the lines of another family becoming the second biggest in Westeros behind the Lannisters, and Tywinn essentially gets them telt by killing them all.

Caught up on the episode this morning. Never read the books and don't look at spoilers, but from the moment they arrived at Frey's place I knew bad shit was going to go down. There was somehow a sort of atmosphere about it. Then there were the numerous clues throughout, the most obvious being Roose Bolton not drinking used as a juxtaposition against how much every else was drinking.

i'm sure roose said he didn't booze when he was dining with jamie and brienne which caused jamie to say something like "you can imagine how strange that seems to normal people".

i was hoping that the wedding would be the full episode and you would get more time with roose, the blackfish and the freys but it was still good. i suppose that treating it like a normal episode made it more of a shock when it kicked off.

can't say i'll miss robb. there is no way his dad or robert baratheon or joffrey or stannis would take the shite he took off walder before the wedding and surely if you claim to be king you roll deep like the baratheons coming to winterfell in the first episode. robb and his maw were too stupid to survive, hopefully the remaining starks up their game a bit!