Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Possible spoiler alert for anyone who's seen the tv series but not read the books, so be warned;

is the Red Wedding in Series 2? It's the part of the whole series of books I'm most looking forward to seeing on the big screen.

Episode 7 of season 3 I think. It's called 'Autumn Storms'.

Edited by Gordon EF

Episode 7 of season 3 I think. It's called 'Autumn Storms'.

Does that mean they're doing both books in one series? That's the start of a slippery slope, especially as both parts of storm of swords are excellent. :(

Edited by Kyle

Does that mean they're doing both books in one series? That's the start of a slippery slope, especially as both parts of storm of swords are excellent. :(

Think it's still supposed to be roughly split in half, but they've moved some parts around.

They could do moving to more episodes a series, even having two series for Storm of Swords gives far too much to cram into a ten episode series.

Nope. It will be two series to cover A Storm of Swords (well, HBO have only commissioned a third season but if it's as successful as the first two, a fourth should be on the way).

I suspect what the writers will do is move around a few things, chronologically, now that, at this point in the story, you have multiple storylines which don't overlap too much. So something that happens in the second half of ASOS might happen in series 3 and something that might happen in the first book gets pushed back to season 4.

Since books 4 and 5 cover different storylines happening at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of books 4 and/or 5 come into season 4 either.

Just finished the books. It's a pretty great read, gonna have a long wait for the next book tho. Have a feeling that its gettin a bit out of control for the writer, just down to the scope of it, but here's hoping we can get to the conclusion.

Watchin the series again as it might be a bit clearer what's goin on. Fav characters are prob Jon Jamie and tyrion.

(series 1 spoiler warning!!!)

Disappointing about Ned, cos Sean bean was quality in the program, altho it's a one of the most crucial plot elements of the story, so probably needed to happen.

Edited by Tamdunk

• 2 weeks later...

Just caught up with the entirety of Season 2 there. It was excellent, although they changed quite a large amount of things from the books which I didn't think enhanced the show. I'm really hoping they don't stray too far away from ASOS as that is probably my favourite of the books that I've read so far. Really looking forward to The Hound in the next series. biggrin.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Disappointed it's taken so long to release the second season on DVD. There was me hoping for it for a Christmas prezzie but not out until March, I can't really understand the lengthy delay as it was ages ago it appeared on the tv.

Good as the opening two series have been the next one should take the show onto the next level judging by the books.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...