Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

You will fire through them mate. Had me gripped and I couldn't put them down.

The one before the latest one due out this month is shit - don't bother.

The first couple are excellent.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently there was a panel at a scifi/fantasy convention on Game of Thrones, with many of the main cast in attendance. Someone asked how they thought the series should end. Several of the main cast gave their views, which could be summed up with the words "blah blah blah".

Then the mic was passed to Peter Dinklage, who just deadpanned "Dance number."

• 3 weeks later...

I've watched half the series and loved it. I'm re-reading the books at the moment too and I'm about half way through the second one. The books are absolute masterpieces of characterisation and story building.

I can't wait to watch the rest. Sean Bean was the perfect choice for Eddard Stark too.

Just had a look at some of the casting for the 2nd series. The Brienne character looks well cast although she's obviously not the utter troll that she's supposed to be in the books. Liam Cunningham as Davos Seaworth is very much like I imagined him, although he'd have made a great Roose Bolton too.

I see they've made up a new character, Atol Lannister. I'm a wee bit sceptical of this.

• 2 weeks later...

Can any of you guys that have read the books give a brief overview of what we can expect from series 2? Without revealing any spoilers

A Clash of Kings.

If you like wars and Arya parts, you'll like series 2.

Edited by Gordon EF

I acquired the entire first series last week, and I'm working my way through it just now. Watched the first two episodes so far, but not wanting to go too far ahead, as I'm in the process of reading the first book as well, and I'm still only about 2/3 of the way through it, and would rather finish that first.

The book is fantastic, and it's good to see that the television series pretty much sticks to it, rather than making some major changes to it. Hope to complete the book within the next week, and get fired through the rest of the series.

I noticed there's an RTS game coming out at the end of the year too, could be interesting...

Can any of you guys that have read the books give a brief overview of what we can expect from series 2? Without revealing any spoilers

That is an hard question to answer as even commenting on who the characters are in the books can be a spoiler in itself. Plots continue and stuff happens is probably the best you are going to get without getting into specifics.

Has anyone got any idea when the blu-ray box set of this is being released.

I'm having a senior moment and cannot find a date for this anywhere online. Play and Amazon dont have a set date either. Fair enough it might not confirmed but just incase anyone is in the know.

• 2 months later...

Is it not Spring at least?

Due to the fact they got it the week after the states in Season one?

IMDB got 1st episode of Season 2 as 15/04/2012 in US..

• 1 month later...