Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

On 21/06/2019 at 23:19, quickoverayard said:

Quick one, can the night king turn people at a touch?

Surely they have to be dead first.

ETA f*ck season 8.  B*stards.

Edited by Granny Danger

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A bit surprisingly after filming a pilot with Naomi Watts and others in the cast HBO has decided not to go ahead with the Game of Thrones prequel series they were planning.

https://tvline.com/2019/10/29/game-of-thrones-prequel-spinoff-cancelled-hbo-pilot/

Can’t say I’m too upset as a 1000 years in the past prequel story also involving the white walkers sounded like one of the least inspiring stories they could do.

Story going round some sites that they have decided to go forward with a Targaryen centred 10 episode prequel series set 300 years in the past. Presumably around the time the Targaryens first got to Westeros.

13 hours ago, Rodhull said:

A bit surprisingly after filming a pilot with Naomi Watts and others in the cast HBO has decided not to go ahead with the Game of Thrones prequel series they were planning.

https://tvline.com/2019/10/29/game-of-thrones-prequel-spinoff-cancelled-hbo-pilot/

Can’t say I’m too upset as a 1000 years in the past prequel story also involving the white walkers sounded like one of the least inspiring stories they could do.

Story going round some sites that they have decided to go forward with a Targaryen centred 10 episode prequel series set 300 years in the past. Presumably around the time the Targaryens first got to Westeros.

Confirmed as House of the Dragon.

houseofdragon-5859.jpg?quality=90&strip=

16 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Old fat c**t should get the books finished. Also I heard the double d's ditched Star Wars?

Or got ditched, they are off to Netflixs while Kevin Feige of Marvel is taking over the next three Star Wars films. 

Game of Thrones, Disney Wars and the DC-verse all seem to be sitting on the same naughty step with a large part of their fandom.

HBOs rescue plan for GOT seems to be to go back to something with actual source material, Disney Wars to hire someone who has made one of these modern cinematic universe things actually work. 

I was 1 out of 10 interested in the long night tv show. 4 our of 10 in something based around the Dance of Dragons, Blackfyres and all that. Force who ever is doing the writing to watch I, Claudius or something of a similar calibre. 

32 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Old fat c**t should get the books finished. Also I heard the double d's ditched Star Wars?

Star Wars seems to be in the same situation that GoT is in. They're letting everyone pitch their ideas hoping to get something that can reel in the next 10+ years worth of money. Star Wars have had Rian Johnson's triology, D&D's trilogy, Kevin Feige's film and the old prequel films they planned and have since shelved. GoT has had the Long Night, Fire & Blood, Robert's Rebellion and who knows what other ideas floated since the end was in sight.

Can understand why D&D went with the deal that probably gets them more money and rights to the things they create.

Old fat c**t should get the books finished.

My mate was visiting family in New Mexico and had the pleasure of witnessing G.R.R. Martin sitting in the corner of his local diner, with a laptop and literally hundreds of sheets of paper scattered over the large table.

Apparently when he’s home, he spends most days sitting at the same table taking notes and scribbling in what what can only be described as organised chaos. When asked, he’ll often joke that although they’re essentially finished, he’ll be dead before he ever gets round to completing the books to stage for release.

Not surprised the Age of Heroes project got binned. Does anyone care any more about the White Walkers after season 8's anti-climax in that regard? Have to wonder whether HBO bothered to actually read Fire & Blood, if they think having source material is important. It's GRRM's Simarillion, basically.

Think they would have been better off doing Dunc & Egg. Even though there's only three of them they provide a formula that would probably work well for a few seasons, but maybe the issue is that they think there have to be dragons for it to connect to a sizable portion of the audience.

Edited by LongTimeLurker