Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Was fucking annoying. What was with the reaction of Conleth Hill to hearing Varys dies? Why not show more of stuff like that? I give not one f**k about the snack van lady or the annoying make up artist.

rumour goes that most of the cast were told 1-to-1 beforehand whenever they were getting killed off but that was the first time Varys found out he was getting the chop, so he was a bit pissed/upset at finding out during a group reading.

7 hours ago, Twinkle said:

The Last Watch was pretty shite to be honest. Nearly two hours of watching a few extras and annoying make up artists

7 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Was fucking annoying. What was with the reaction of Conleth Hill to hearing Varys dies? Why not show more of stuff like that? I give not one f**k about the snack van lady or the annoying make up artist.

I’ve not actually watched it yet but I assume the plan was to give props to the little guys (even those who do the props) rather than letting the actors hog all the credit/limelight as they generally do in every episode, interview, documentary and public event. The amount of folk involved in the production must be vast. Not for everyone I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I am still pissed off about the shit ending and the fact that the “writers” have not been put in jail.

Been watching some of my favourite episodes. 'The Door' from s6 just now. Tears everytime at the ending.

Edited by Slenderman

On 16/06/2019 at 12:26, Granny Danger said:

I am still pissed off about the shit ending and the fact that the “writers” have not been put in jail.

Think it was more the end of series 6 with the absurd chase scene through Braavos, series 7 and episodes 3 and 4 of series 8 where the quality of the writing took a severe nose dive. The ending would have been fine if they had done a better job between the end of the book material and GRRM's preferred conclusion. Think where they really messed up was on not having the Golden Company invade the Stormlands with the alleged Aegon Targaryen from Essos. Cersei and Jaime lingered on in the story a lot longer than they probably do in the yet to be released books where Cersei is shown to be completely inept at ruling making the timing ripe for a successful invasion. Varys's role in the plot would also have made much more sense, if it had been clear he was secretly working for the alleged Aegon and completely undermining whoever held power in King's Landing rather than idealistically serving the realm.