Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

What? Surely folk who are far left would have no issue of a woman and a disabled guy being rulers.
Exactly, but after episode five they tried to claim that the writers had set out to put women down. One week later Sansa is queen and their accusations of sexism look rather ridiculous.

15 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
What? Surely folk who are far left would have no issue of a woman and a disabled guy being rulers.

Exactly, but after episode five they tried to claim that the writers had set out to put women down. One week later Sansa is queen and their accusations of sexism look rather ridiculous.

When you use the term "The far left", do you mean "a small number of annoying people whose silly opinions were given more attention than they deserved"? Is that really what you consider to be "the far left'?

18 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Just finished watching it and it's safe to say that THAT was fucking shite. I spent half the episode yelling at my laptop "surely this can't be what happens"

What the actual f**k? I'm so disappointed. 

This was literally me, except I was laughing in disbelief.

17 hours ago, well fan for life said:

When Sam produced the “A Song of Ice and Fire” book my eyes nearly rolled out my skull. Might as well have winked at the fucking camera.

Painful.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Drogon burning the throne made absolutely zero sense, hes a fucking dragon, is he apparently meant to have understood the politics and what the throne represented? The embarrassing scene of a wee animatronic claw appearing to pick Dany up was brutal, btw, as was him simply disappearing in the night, they had absolutely no fucking clue how to deal with him.

I like the idea that he saw a pointy thing in Dany and it was made of pointy things so he thought the Throne did it.

Oh and Jon being a Targaryan meant absolutely nothing in the long run, no matter how hard Grant tries to defend it. There is absolutely zero rational reason for Jon and Tyrion not being murdered by Grey Worm.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

3 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Dumbed it down?! How have the dumbed it down? Dumbing it down would have been making Jon the King, the expected ending that everyone wanted.

Nathan’s spot on. Everything that was built up for 7 seasons has been ruined in season 8 because they rushed it. They had two fucking years to make the season and this, THIS, is how they choose to end it? It’s a farce.

How have they not dumbed it down? There's less plot buildup, less scheming and more action scenes, compare this season to seasons 1-4, what do you think the more complicated writing was? 

Nathan's a fucking idiot and was literally wrong about everything he said, as detailed previously. He didn't say it was rushed, he said various things didn't matter, which they clearly and evidently did. 

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Oh and Jon being a Targaryan meant absolutely nothing in the long run

Oh bore off Nathan. 

Jon being a Targaryan was major reason as to why the season played out as it is. 

25 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

How have they not dumbed it down? There's less plot buildup, less scheming and more action scenes, compare this season to seasons 1-4, what do you think the more complicated writing was? 

Nathan's a fucking idiot and was literally wrong about everything he said, as detailed previously. He didn't say it was rushed, he said various things didn't matter, which they clearly and evidently did. 

Yup.  Jon giving Dany the old heave-ho was so by-the-numbers it wasn't real.  

I wouldn't claim to be disappointed by the finale as the show has been on a downward spiral for some time now and my  expectations were low.

Jon killing Dani? Yeah, whatever.

So many mistakes in the ep, from Dani walking around unguarded to Davos, who seems to have become hugely pedantic about grammar for a man who was illiterate a few years ago,  telling the Unsullied to go start families. There might be a problem there, big man. And why were the Dothraki in raptures as Dani called them liberators? Who the f**k did they liberate in King's Landing? 

Pod becoming King's Guard? Bronn the master of coin? Really? What exactly qualified them for those roles?

Still, I did enjoy see Peter Dinklage's Tyrion restored to somewhere near his previous glory.

3/10

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

Did it have to?

Um, yes? Ned Stark kept the secret to his grave to protect Jon, despite the fact it made him look like a cheating p***k.

He's still the rightful King and no melted throne or baffling banishment can change that.

46 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Oh bore off Nathan. 

Jon being a Targaryan was major reason as to why the season played out as it is. 

Well the season played out terribly, so with that thinking maybe they should have just kept him as Ned Stark's b*****d.

Nobody even made a case for Jon to be king despite him being the true heir. Sam and Davos were 2 of his closest allies and not a fucking peep.

So what if he killed some imposter bitch and pissed off a few dickless foreigners. f**k off back to Essos if you don’t like it mate. He is the king by right and instead gets sent on gardening leave to the north like a fucking failed sevco manager.

The last episode, or at least the last 5-10 min looked like just an advert for the spin-off series in the pipeline. Like after announcing that this was the last season they were offered more cash and decided to make a half arsed attempt to close out the main story...that had lost a bit of traction and kill off characters that will have a film career and unavailable to do the spin-offs

I'm guessing lower budget series,  Arya's continued adventures and some kind of Nights watch thing. 

Pretty sure none of the spin offs will be any sort or sequel, or will follow on the last episode in any way.

The first announced one, which starts filming soon, is set thousands of year in the past.

Pretty sure none of the spin offs will be any sort or sequel, or will follow on the last episode in any way. The first announced one, which starts filming soon, is set thousands of year in the past.

Featuring a middle aged Davos?

Eta: presumably after the Unsullied have enjoyed their wee holiday in Naath they'll be looking for a proper job again? As others have said I can't see some of the other kingdoms being happy that they are ruled by Bran and the North get to be independent.

And the Dothraki. All headed back home?

Nobody even made a case for Jon to be king despite him being the true heir. Sam and Davos were 2 of his closest allies and not a fucking peep.

So what if he killed some imposter bitch and pissed off a few dickless foreigners. f**k off back to Essos if you don’t like it mate. He is the king by right and instead gets sent on gardening leave to the north like a fucking failed sevco manager.
Sending Jon to the wall was to stop a war with the unsullied. Yet the unsullied were all leaving anyway. Could have just told the unsullied he was packing for the wall and once they had all fucked off appointed him King anyway. Grey Worm would have killed him anyway rather keeping him prisoner.

I very much doubt Dorne and the Iron Islands would stay part of the kingdom either.

What happened with the Dotharki as well? I'm sure they would integrate into society rather than going back to raping and pillaging.

Was a very disappointing and rushed ending.

I got this rush of deja vu when they were going through the nights watch patter about "take no wife, father no children etc'

Was a sudden memory of early seasons and why I fucking loved Game of Thrones to begin with.

Genuinely feels like a completely different TV show

I believe they're making a prequel about the Long Night, set roughly 3000 years previous. Not particularly fussed about this given how shite the Night King/white walkers storyline was handled.

Would love...

A Robert's Rebellion series.

Dunk and Egg series.

Something about the original Dragonlords and the Doom of Valyria.

Aegon's conquest, would be ok I guess.

I believe they're making a prequel about the Long Night, set roughly 3000 years previous. Not particularly fussed about this given how shite the Night King/white walkers storyline was handled.
Would love...
A Robert's Rebellion series.
Dunk and Egg series.
Something about the original Dragonlords and the Doom of Valyria.
Aegon's conquest, would be ok I guess.

Yeah, it’s set 5000 years beforehand.

It’s all about the origin of the night king and why the children of the forest decided it was necessary. Also involved Bran the builder and the origin of the Lannister family.

Considering some people’s comments on the general lack of story line about the night king and his back story etc it should be well worth a watch for a lot of folk.