Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Aye, well there we are then. I suppose given the number of ways they could've hashed up the ending, there was nothing too much wrong with how things turned out. The last half of the episode was pretty turgid stuff though, eh? And I couldn't help coming back to the oft repeated "If you think this is going to have a happy ending..." line. Even when Jon and Big Red were walking out past the (nicely renovated btw) wall, I was hoping there was going to be a big "Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiit" moment to wrap things up.

Might feel different after I've slept on it but at the moment, I'm just kind of relieved it's finally over.

ETA: For a truly happy ending though; I would've liked to have seen Grey Worm get hemorrhoids or something. Really started to dislike that torn faced canute.

Edited by Shotgun

I think a few weeks were supposed to have passed.

Yeah, that I get. I more meant the decision to suddenly pass a few weeks. Thought getting the immediate reaction to her death would have been featured.

Yeah I thought there was some symbolism in them all heading North...

Are we looking at spin offs?

If we do, D&D will be too busy fucking up Star Wars so they’ll not be part of it.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah I thought there was some symbolism in them all heading North...

Are we looking at spin offs?

Not with this cast at least. Interview I saw Kit Harrington didn’t sound keen to do more when the question was asked.

I’m sure if the prequel show does well there’ll be a few others given the go ahead. Doubt any will be sequels unless they go way into the future.

I really just dont know how I feel about it. Blame whoever, but I think the whole thing just kinda collapse under the weight of its own success.

This series has been more about expectation/reaction/analysis/repeat than anything ever seen before and its kinda ruined it for me.

10 minutes ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

The scene with Jon shielding himself from the flames

A: looked shit

B: HE'S A FUCKING TARGARYEN 

Was expecting Drogon to roast him and for him to be just standing there unharmed.

Just now, Yoshi-91 said:

Was expecting Drogon to roast him and for him to be just standing there unharmed.

I assumed Drogon would know not to bother toasting him but was still expecting those teeth to come into play. Still not entirely sure why he got a pass there unless Drogon was able to figure "Aye, she'd gone full hatstand, he did the right thing."

1 minute ago, Shotgun said:

Oh and the scene of Brienne updating Jaime's Wikipedia page had my inner fountain pen geek screaming "That ink's still wet, don't close the book!!!"

I did that when she ran her hand over what she'd just written :lol:

So many things left in the air. The fact that there's a few characters with Targaryen traits that aren't known (as yet) to be Targaryen is really irritating me, perhaps to be explored in the prequel? 

37 minutes ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

The scene with Jon shielding himself from the flames

A: looked shit

B: HE'S A FUCKING TARGARYEN 

He’s not impervious to flames. He burned his hand in season 1 saving commander Mormont from a wight.

Just now, Rodhull said:

A fair point. :lol:

Or Hodor.

Right then big soft lad. Carry me all over the place without complaint, let me take over your mind when I need to kill someone, sacrifice your life to save me and then I'll never acknowledge your existence again.

Or Hodor.
Right then big soft lad. Carry me all over the place without complaint, let me take over your mind when I need to kill someone, sacrifice your life to save me and then I'll never acknowledge your existence again.
Hes the three eyed raven. Trivialities like who helped him are irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hes the three eyed raven. Trivialities like who helped him are irrelevant.

When Sansa turned to him for the "I will always love you little brother" speech, I was hoping she was going to follow it with "but you're a wee gobshite, so you are."