Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

I binge watched the first 4 series then got bored with the 5th and stopped watching. Worth getting back into it?

Aye

The 5th and 6th are still good. 7th and 8th are just rushed which makes them not as good.

No matter what they did with this series people would be complaining. With the 2 years between the final series’ it has built it up and up and they were never going to be able to deliver on people’s expectations.

Me? I’ve enjoyed it, but then I appreciate it is only a TV program. The only thing that’s annoyed me was the iron fleet battle bringing down the dragon and only kidnapping 1 person. After the battle the week before this one was felt with in less than 5 mins including travelling back to kings landing.

I’m looking forward to tonight’s program, I want to see how they finish it. Part of me what’s it to be Sam reading a book because people will really lose their heads over it!

4 hours ago, Christophe said:

Um yeah, pretty clear insinuation that she wasn’t pregnant at that point 

Really? She says at the end, "I want our baby to live." There's no indication that she was lying to Jamie when she first told him, and no indication that they conceived at a later time. Or did I miss something?

They've made a huge world seem incredibly small. It's like Tyrion telling Dany that Euron's fleet could be anywhere round a vast sea, but then Dany traveling half the continent in no time at all to rescue those beyond the wall. Which makes it even sillier that no-one went to check for an ambush on their last return to Dragonstone, which is relatively very close to King's Landing. 

I've been very good at ignoring these things, but it really has undermined things a bit. 

Which makes it even sillier that no-one went to check for an ambush on their last return to Dragonstone, which is relatively very close to King's Landing.

To be fair, when I complained that Daenerys managed to waltz into Dragonstone completely unopposed the first time around I was told on here that setting up an ambush would have been pointless.

I'll miss reading the leaks and live episode discussions of this season. They've been just as entertaining as the show. Surprising how accurate the leaks have been considering this season was supposed to be locked down like Fort Knox.

The books are definitely heavy going in places, such as the Slavers' Bay, Iron Islands and Dorne content. I suspect a much tighter focus on only the King's Landing-Riverlands-Winterfell-Knight's Watch portions of the story would have been appreciated by most readers. 

3 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I'll miss reading the leaks and live episode discussions of this season. They've been just as entertaining as the show. Surprising how accurate the leaks have been considering this season was supposed to be locked down like Fort Knox.

Yes I’d imagine trying to read the leaks and spoilers would devalue  the actual show, given by that point you’d have completely burnt any kind of suspense and twist value. What a bizarre thing to do! And further more to actually complain about! 

Edited by Christophe

Yes I’d imagine trying to read the leaks and spoilers would devalue  the actual show, given by that point you’d have completely burnt any kind of suspense and twist value. What a bizarre thing to do! And further more to actually complain about! 
Like how if you've read the books would devalue the show? And complain about what, that there are leaks. More surprised that there were given how tight security was supposed to be this season.