Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

8 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Also, going to be great banter when Bron sees Kings Landing now emoji23.png

I hope we see him come over a hill and he sees Kings Landing, does a sort of 'Yikes!' face then turns around and fucks off.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I enjoyed it, have to disagree with everyone saying this series has been rushed, that's the NK and Cersei been dealt with in the only episode I can remember them playing any real part in this series.

Enjoyed Dany finally going full mental, means my most feared ending of her and Jon living happily ever after cant happen now. Imagine a second viewing of the entire show might flag more red flags now we know how her story goes. I've no doubt her and Jon are now on opposing sides, but I've no idea how they deal with the dragon, file me under someone who doesnt believe Jon has it any power over it, as it seems to be canon that a dragon is only loyal to the rider it chooses, and that's Dany. Even if they stealth kill her, itll just go rogue.

Tensest part was when the Mountain was his hands on the Hounds head, was absolutely p***king it his head was getting popped, probably wouldve cried at that. His death feels little more than fan appeasing revenge, as he had literally no reason to fight the Mountian who was fucked regardless, but there's maybe stuff I missed building up to that.

Eurons death was a bit shite, i figured he'd be more likely to turn tail and f**k off when he saw theyd lost, feels like he was wedged in to help prove Jamie loves Cersei. Him being stabbed feels pointless if hes then just crushed, so I'm sort of thinking they havent actually been killed, but it wouldnt surprise me at all based on the season so far if we never hear of those two again.

A lot to be wrapped up next week, absolutely no chance Bran ends on the throne though, it makes absolutely no sense. I think Jon and Dany are dying, and I dont know where that leaves things. Assume itll become a war between all the remaining leaders as they seek to fill the void, and so the wheel keeps on turning.

The Hound had no reason to fight the Mountain?! Have you seen the previous 7 seasons?

Jamie and Cersei are dead. Not sure how anyone thinks they can survive tons of masonry falling on them.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

The Hound had no reason to fight the Mountain?! Have you seen the previous 7 seasons?

It felt forced. I know it "completes his arc", but hes had plenty of chances before to fight the Mountain and not taken it, why does he wait until he knows it means its his own death, and then go?

The Mountain dies this episode regardless, the Hound knows that, but still sacrifices himself so he can be the one to do it.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It felt forced. I know it "completes his arc", but hes had plenty of chances before to fight the Mountain and not taken it, why does he wait until he knows it means its his own death, and then go?

The Mountain dies this episode regardless, the Hound knows that, but still sacrifices himself so he can be the one to do it.

Plenty of chances before?! Like when? The Mountain fucks off in something like the 3rd or 4th episode of the first series!

10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I can't watch back at work but can someone go back to before the battle where the guy takes the wee boy inside to hide? Does that boy have a toy car?????

Looks like some sort of "medieval" battering ram? Or a pig on wheels!?

got.png

Dany is the inbred daughter of the Mad King. Raised under the cruel hand of her brother. Used and abused. Has then done some frankly cruel things in the name of her own cause, though has been tempered at times into doing some good. Had a husband and unborn child die. Has seen 2 of her only true friends die in short order. Lost 2 of 3 of her dragon children. The only real thing she has left, bar a big dragon, is being the Queen. Unfortunately her lover turns out to be a family member with a better claim, more popularity and not a penchant for incest. Attacking a place she associates with almost everything that has went bad in her world. Not as much of a jump that she is has lost it.

I don't disagree with the intentions being this. However, the fact so much of the audience are at odds about her fall reflects how poorly it's came across. Her impetuous pyromaniac tendencies weren't exactly hidden in Essos. I'm all for ambiguity, but for the material to be interpreted, it has to speak for itself. The material here screams, "yeah, I've got a bit of a dark side" to coinflip "imma roast thousands of people, good or bad, because f**k you", which came across as just piss poor, rushed 'Anakin Skywalker's fall to the dark side was less convincing' type writing. 

Anyway, now that Daenerys is basically the Queen of Hearts with fire, what a prequel to Alice in Wonderland this has all been.

I think you’ve wildly under-estimated how involved people were in who sits on the throne, and wildly over-estimated who cares about the zombies. The poorest part of the show and I’m so glad they didn’t make that the final focus.

Without the white walkers it’s just House of Cards with dragons.

Since it’s “A Song of Ice and Fire” I thought it was fairly obvious Jon would end up on the throne as part Targaryan-part Stark, so never really bothered about that side of it. No other ending really makes sense.

Meh. Bit like the long night that episode was a decent spectacle but poor storyline for me.

It’s becoming the show that I thought it was before I watched it and that put me off watching it.

Hopefully they wrap it up well.

Where was this dragon when the Dead were marching South? Cowering in a corner somewhere shit scared of one pointy headed blue fucker with a good throwing arm.
I'm guessing next week will be all about the Iron Bank turning up at King's Landing to collect the Lannister's debt?
Iron bank liquidates the Lannisters, sells their colours, sigil and words to some dodgy Dornish geezer. Final episode is entirely set in the Citadel with a stream of maesters arguing whether The The Lannisters are entitled to claim the original titles and battle honours.

1 hour ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I don't disagree with the intentions being this. However, the fact so much of the audience are at odds about her fall reflects how poorly it's came across. Her impetuous pyromaniac tendencies weren't exactly hidden in Essos. I'm all for ambiguity, but for the material to be interpreted, it has to speak for itself. The material here screams, "yeah, I've got a bit of a dark side" to coinflip "imma roast thousands of people, good or bad, because f**k you", which came across as just piss poor, rushed 'Anakin Skywalker's fall to the dark side was less convincing' type writing. 

Anyway, now that Daenerys is basically the Queen of Hearts with fire, what a prequel to Alice in Wonderland this has all been.

I can see something in this and suspect it’s partly the weaknesses in Emilia Clarke’s acting and partly in the scriptwriters.

There has been foreshadowing of this throughout the series just maybe to subtle or lost in the myriad of characters and occurrences.

It does all seem like this series is a bit rushed. 7 series about "Winter is coming..." then the Night King was dealt with in no time without any real main character losses.

Now Dany going from wanting to save folk to burning a city full of innocent people within the space of an episode is just a bit of a jump as well. Now I don't for one second believe anyone could have not seen her descent into the mad queen coming but seeing as she's only been this way for about an episode and a half by the time the end comes it's a bit of a shrug. I feel like this would have all made more sense to have a longer series where they could deal with the Night King and flesh out the whole mad queen story to give it a bit more impact. 

I'm not sure I'll give a f**k next week when Arya shanks Dany to get rid of her. 

There's been an absolutely atrocious number of rattles flying out of prams over this season. Articles all over the place about how 'Game of Thrones fans weren't happy with...' 

I wasn't a huge fan of the first few episodes of this season but I thought last night's episode was tremendous entertainment.