Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Lol...wut?

"I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and (s)he who sat on it had the name Death" Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Arya is Death and she left riding a Pale Horse. It's all over the internet today.

6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

"I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and (s)he who sat on it had the name Death" Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Arya is Death and she left riding a Pale Horse. It's all over the internet today.

Aye, very good but I'm sure they don't have the bible in GRRM's universe so the "allusion" is redundant.

Pisspoor episode 5 in my opinion. After the very major thing that happens early on it bumbles along and you think “oh cool  this one will be one of the good action-led episodes”, but NO, absolutely not.

Edited by Christophe

I’m the opposite tbh. The best schemers have gone together with a lot of the most interesting characters but people scheming is more interesting than a motivationless zombie apocalypse.

Well, actually agree here. I did think at some point they would tell us what the purpose of the white walkers were are not just “they want to kill all humans”.

Chalk another one up to the glorious writing of Season 8.

Lena Headey is so good she must give the other actors imposter syndrome.

Without saying a single word she out-acts everyone else.  Her look of sneering regality is incredible.

She's also a complete and utter wid.

:wub:

The attempt to equate Danaerys as ‘The Mad Queen!!!!1111!!!’ is just as badly misplaced as weepy pish about ‘genocide’. It’s an assault on a city that refused to yield - unlimited violence and destruction is par for the course after that point. It’s no different to what happened in real life history to any settlement in a comparable technological era as well as the apparent state of King’s Landing (Red Keep aside) after the Lannister army sacked it during the last rebellion. That’s just what happens to the plebs when the high nobility are settling scores with each other.

What’s really happened is that Danerys has turned into her brother: a *not mad* but cruel character whose actions are now driven by a sense of birthright and brute force.

Where was this dragon when the Dead were marching South? Cowering in a corner somewhere shit scared of one pointy headed blue fucker with a good throwing arm.

I'm guessing next week will be all about the Iron Bank turning up at King's Landing to collect the Lannister's debt?

7 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I think they’ve wildly over estimated how involved people were in who actually sits on the throne. Dealing with the Night King was infinitely more intriguing.

I think you’ve wildly under-estimated how involved people were in who sits on the throne, and wildly over-estimated who cares about the zombies. The poorest part of the show and I’m so glad they didn’t make that the final focus.

I enjoyed it, have to agree with everyone saying this series has been rushed, that's the NK and Cersei been dealt with in the only episode I can remember them playing any real part in this series.

Enjoyed Dany finally going full mental, means my most feared ending of her and Jon living happily ever after cant happen now. Imagine a second viewing of the entire show might flag more red flags now we know how her story goes. I've no doubt her and Jon are now on opposing sides, but I've no idea how they deal with the dragon, file me under someone who doesnt believe Jon has it any power over it, as it seems to be canon that a dragon is only loyal to the rider it chooses, and that's Dany. Even if they stealth kill her, itll just go rogue.

Tensest part was when the Mountain was his hands on the Hounds head, was absolutely p***king it his head was getting popped, probably wouldve cried at that. His death feels little more than fan appeasing revenge, as he had literally no reason to fight the Mountian who was fucked regardless, but there's maybe stuff I missed building up to that.

Eurons death was a bit shite, i figured he'd be more likely to turn tail and f**k off when he saw theyd lost, feels like he was wedged in to help prove Jamie loves Cersei. Him being stabbed feels pointless if hes then just crushed, so I'm sort of thinking they havent actually been killed, but it wouldnt surprise me at all based on the season so far if we never hear of those two again.

A lot to be wrapped up next week, absolutely no chance Bran ends on the throne though, it makes absolutely no sense. I think Jon and Dany are dying, and I dont know where that leaves things. Assume itll become a war between all the remaining leaders as they seek to fill the void, and so the wheel keeps on turning.

Also, I assume Kings Landing goes full boom next episode, they showed the green fire from under the city a lot during that episode, they surely wont just now ignore that.

Edited by RandomGuy.