Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Just now, JamieStevenson said:

That's why I was asking as I have no recollection of this and people were making a deal out of it on Twitter. Which hand is his bad hand anyway?

I think that is the one that should be gold but any shot like that where they were hugging was either from another angle or a closer in shot of their faces only.

That I could see at least I wasn’t freeze-framing through it or anything.

Wee curve ball being thrown out there , could Tyrion possibly be the one to kill Dany? Remember the episode where jaime visits Tyrion in his cell after Joffrey was poisoned and Tyrion says the kingslayer brothers do you like it. Although technically Tyrion would be a queen slayer.

3 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

so it is-was wondering what it was when she was looking at it near the end

maybe he said "f**k this" and just tossed it

The wee lassie Arya was trying to save along with her mother had a wooden toy? Think that shot just told you they didn't make it so you empathise with Danerys's victims for a change.  They hinted at Ed Sherrin's character being eyelidless and spent time on Sam Tarly's reaction to what happened to his brother Dickon as a first nudge of the viewers this season in that direction.

The biggest bit of nonsense about that episode is some of the rubbish written in this thread. Think some of you must have slept through half the series as the episode fulfilled many of the series major acts very well.

In season 1 we saw Arya hate ‘The Hound’ for the death of her friend on the way to Kings Landing. She then lost her Father and has spent the remaining seasons being driven by revenge, being trained to be a killing machine. He’s always been dehumanised by being referred to as The Hound, a monster that was created by his truly evil brother, that really wasn’t a monster. When he makes her leave and she then calls him Sandro, the only time in the whole show someone calls him by his real first name, it fulfils the surrogate Father/ daughter role they have had. Great pay off.

We then get the fulfilment of the Clegane brothers. The Mountain is a true monster now. A nice little nod to his most eye watering (popping) scene. Followed by a death where it started for them, in fire. Again another great ending to that arc.

As for Jamie and Cersei. He’s shown through the entire thing that he loves her and would do anything for her (through a child out a tower, Roger his hand chopped off just to get back to her, give up the one decent person who saw the good in him, etc..). As for Cersei she has only wanted to ever protect her children and saw power as the way to do this. For them to die with Jamie wrapping his arms around her in a protective fashion, though there is nothing he can do to stop the inevitable,  with her comment on protecting their child is the relationship in a nutshell.

Dany is the inbred daughter of the Mad King. Raised under the cruel hand of her brother. Used and abused. Has then done some frankly cruel things in the name of her own cause, though has been tempered at times into doing some good. Had a husband and unborn child die. Has seen 2 of her only true friends die in short order. Lost 2 of 3 of her dragon children. The only real thing she has left, bar a big dragon, is being the Queen. Unfortunately her lover turns out to be a family member with a better claim, more popularity and not a penchant for incest. Attacking a place she associates with almost everything that has went bad in her world. Not as much of a jump that she is has lost it.

Varys also dies due to whispers at the hand of dragon, having been responsible for sending many people to a similar death (burning) with the Mad King.

On top of that we get some good action. A good death for Euron. Arya seeing the horror inflicted and if I was betting man the person to kill Dany.

Great episode.

31 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
37 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
Wait, folk think that Jon is dead?! emoji38.png
And that he was killed off screen?! emoji38.png
And that Jamie is still alive?! emoji38.png
And that Cersei is alive?! emoji38.png
And that Bran, who turned down being the lord of Winterfell, will wheel himself down to King's Landing and be king?! emoji38.png
And that folk would just accept him as king?! emoji38.png

Almost as ridiculous as dead Starks, eh.

At least that had some logic to it.

The ones quoted have none, and are to be filed alongside 'Bran is the Night King, 'Dragon Armour', 'Tyrion is a Targaryen', 'Daario is the Prince of Dorne', 'Baby Dragons', 'Melisandre would lead 1000 Red Priests to the battle against the dead', 'Beric would resurrect someone despite not being a priest', 'Meera is Jon's sister' and other silly stuff.

24 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

On the Bran thing maybe the point would be he would use his greensight to help advise a democratic council of rulers and there would be no feudal style king any more. Some of the Essos cities are democracies in the book to a certain extent although with a limited franchise. Bran could be useful to have around in that context. Rest I agree are farfetched.

Bran didn't even want Winterfell. Quite why he'd suddenly decide to take charge of matters concerning the entire kingdom, after everyone has been massacred, when he apparently can just easily do it and therefore could have just had Cersei surrender, is a mystery and utterly brainless.

17 minutes ago, DC92 said:

No idea is too daft for Game of Thrones these days.

Yes it is. There's been mental things happen but they've all made sense in a way (in the context of the show).

She did brilliantly, the switch to looking young and innocent was amazing.

Still made no sense though. That’s literally *all* it took? A short pep talk?

I’m all for most of the things that are happening, they’re just all happening far too quickly. Dany is all for Team Good Guy after Battle of Winterfell and then she’s committing genocide before the end of the next episode? It’s just daft.

Aye she’s been determined to kill Cersei for the last 7 seasons and you’d got the feeling that if she wasn’t successful then she’d die trying. Didn’t take long to convince her to give up.

In fact if she’d hung around for another 5 minutes or so she’d have met Cersei.

I’ve never been shocked by the daftness of fan theories/beliefs ever since people thought Adriana wasn’t killed on The Sopranos because the camera just showed Silvio shooting with an angry look on his face as she crawled away.

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

At least that had some logic to it.

The ones quoted have none, and are to be filed alongside 'Bran is the Night King, 'Dragon Armour', 'Tyrion is a Targaryen', 'Daario is the Prince of Dorne', 'Baby Dragons', 'Melisandre would lead 1000 Red Priests to the battle against the dead', 'Beric would resurrect someone despite not being a priest', 'Meera is Jon's sister' and other silly stuff.

You basically rubbish all theories then come on post episode to say I told you so, while ignoring the ones that were ultimately right.

I sure hope your Bran claim works out for you.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

You basically rubbish all theories then come on post episode to say I told you so, while ignoring the ones that were ultimately right.

I sure hope your Bran claim works out for you.

No I don't.

3 minutes ago, The OP said:

I’ve never been shocked by the daftness of fan theories/beliefs ever since people thought Adriana wasn’t killed on The Sopranos because the camera just showed Silvio shooting with an angry look on his face as she crawled away.

Think some people are not able to grasp some obvious info because their subconscious won't process info that is too ghastly and/or painful for them emotionally. Seeing John's discarded sword for no obvious reason is more palatable than seeing a young girl's charred hand.

The biggest bit of nonsense about that episode is some of the rubbish written in this thread. Think some of you must have slept through half the series as the episode fulfilled many of the series major acts very well.
In season 1 we saw Arya hate ‘The Hound’ for the death of her friend on the way to Kings Landing. She then lost her Father and has spent the remaining seasons being driven by revenge, being trained to be a killing machine. He’s always been dehumanised by being referred to as The Hound, a monster that was created by his truly evil brother, that really wasn’t a monster. When he makes her leave and she then calls him Sandro, the only time in the whole show someone calls him by his real first name, it fulfils the surrogate Father/ daughter role they have had. Great pay off.
We then get the fulfilment of the Clegane brothers. The Mountain is a true monster now. A nice little nod to his most eye watering (popping) scene. Followed by a death where it started for them, in fire. Again another great ending to that arc.
As for Jamie and Cersei. He’s shown through the entire thing that he loves her and would do anything for her (through a child out a tower, Roger his hand chopped off just to get back to her, give up the one decent person who saw the good in him, etc..). As for Cersei she has only wanted to ever protect her children and saw power as the way to do this. For them to die with Jamie wrapping his arms around her in a protective fashion, though there is nothing he can do to stop the inevitable,  with her comment on protecting their child is the relationship in a nutshell.
Dany is the inbred daughter of the Mad King. Raised under the cruel hand of her brother. Used and abused. Has then done some frankly cruel things in the name of her own cause, though has been tempered at times into doing some good. Had a husband and unborn child die. Has seen 2 of her only true friends die in short order. Lost 2 of 3 of her dragon children. The only real thing she has left, bar a big dragon, is being the Queen. Unfortunately her lover turns out to be a family member with a better claim, more popularity and not a penchant for incest. Attacking a place she associates with almost everything that has went bad in her world. Not as much of a jump that she is has lost it.
Varys also dies due to whispers at the hand of dragon, having been responsible for sending many people to a similar death (burning) with the Mad King.
On top of that we get some good action. A good death for Euron. Arya seeing the horror inflicted and if I was betting man the person to kill Dany.
Great episode.

^^^ rattled

In all seriousness, I was entertained by most of it but it was very rushed.

The idea that Dany turns baddie by the end is absolutely fine but she was still on the good side at the start of episode 4 and she’s committing mass genocide by episode 5. That’s a massive leap.

You also don’t explain why the Hound just saying “nah it’s not safe go home” was enough for Arya to totally abandon her one driving ambition of the past decade. Him being a father figure doesn’t cover it.

As for Cercei, she said in the show that she did everything for her kids but I think the idea was that was pretty much bullshit and she was power hungry like anyone else. To suddenly try and get sympathy for her just to make Dany look like a worse baddie is lame.

Think there’s a video doing the rounds of all the cast members trying to awkwardly say nice things about the last season and you can see why. There’s holes all over the place and it’s sad after such a promising start to the show.

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think some people are not able to grasp some obvious info because their subconscious won't process info that is too ghastly and/or painful for them emotionally. Seeing John's discarded sword for no obvious reason is more palatable than seeing a young girl's charred hand.

I also think there’s a fundamental misunderstanding of how drama works. For example people thinking Sam or even a dragon was killed in the Battle of Winterfell without any gravity, fanfare or a sad slow instrumental “Rains of Castermere” in the background.

I’m going to guess Sansa to end up on the throne. In a throwback to the incidents that started the downfall of the Targaryean dynasty (the mad king burning Ned’s brother and father) - Dany will attempt to burn the Starks including Sansa, Arya and Jon/Aegon. Bran will warg into the dragon and have her killed.

Arya, Jon and Bran will not want it, leaving Sansa to take it and fulfil her own dream of being Queen (but not married to Joffrey).

^^^ rattled

In all seriousness, I was entertained by most of it but it was very rushed.

The idea that Dany turns baddie by the end is absolutely fine but she was still on the good side at the start of episode 4 and she’s committing mass genocide by episode 5. That’s a massive leap.

You also don’t explain why the Hound just saying “nah it’s not safe go home” was enough for Arya to totally abandon her one driving ambition of the past decade. Him being a father figure doesn’t cover it.

As for Cercei, she said in the show that she did everything for her kids but I think the idea was that was pretty much bullshit and she was power hungry like anyone else. To suddenly try and get sympathy for her just to make Dany look like a worse baddie is lame.

Think there’s a video doing the rounds of all the cast members trying to awkwardly say nice things about the last season and you can see why. There’s holes all over the place and it’s sad after such a promising start to the show.
There's more than one video doing the rounds. When you put them all together it doesn't look good for D&D. The actors are clearly pissed with how it's played out.

7 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

IMG_0343.jpg

Think the ending is actually probably very close to GRRM's (minus Bronn obviously and maybe with the Blackfyres rather than Euron allied with Cersei in King's Landing) and the problem has been how to bridge the gap between the books and the last two episodes.