Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

It was okay. I'd have preferred Cersei to have died by something other than falling masonry and I don't understand how Jamie recovered so dramatically. We're powering through now. Let's finish this off. 

3 minutes ago, MSU said:

It was okay. I'd have preferred Cersei to have died by something other than falling masonry and I don't understand how Jamie recovered so dramatically. We're powering through now. Let's finish this off. 

Plot twist - they're not dead.

Writing has been poor for years. A number of bits were questionable tonight but I'll overlook it due to the spectacle of that episode. IF Cersei is dead that would go down as one of the most unsatisfying deaths ever. Not one for saying they should do this and that as it's their show, they can do what they like at this point. However I assumed after sitting through the show this long that Cersei getting her comeuppance was a given.

5 minutes ago, MSU said:

Not sure that would make anything better.

Maybe it would here me out

Spoiler

Dany takes the Iron Throne and then Jaime comes in and kills her in an act of total revenge, leaving Jon to become King. Making Jaime Queenslayer.

9 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Maybe it would here me out

Hide contents

Dany takes the Iron Throne and then Jaime comes in and kills her in an act of total revenge, leaving Jon to become King. Making Jaime Queenslayer.

Yeah but ...

Spoiler

They should both be dead. If either of them get out of it, that's a bit deus ex machina and/or cheap writing. Jamie should've killed her. Or Jamie should've died and Arya stolen his face. Arya now odds on to kill Dany.

2 minutes ago, MSU said:

Yeah but ...

Hide contents

They should both be dead. If either of them get out of it, that's a bit deus ex machina and/or cheap writing. Jamie should've killed her. Or Jamie should've died and Arya stolen his face. Arya now odds on to kill Dany.

I agree with you there however

Spoiler

I think it'll probably be Jon or all of them that kill Dany, in an Ides of March eqsue setting. She'll call for Tyrion or Sansa to be killed and then Jon, et al, will turn on her and kill her.

1 minute ago, ArabAuslander said:

I agree with you there however

Hide contents

I think it'll probably be Jon or all of them that kill Dany, in an Ides of March eqsue setting. She'll call for Tyrion or Sansa to be killed and then Jon, et al, will turn on her and kill her.

Spoiler

I'm amazed Tyrion made it out of that episode alive.

1 hour ago, steelmen said:

Is there an iron throne left to sit on???

Gutted that Arya never got the chance to kill cersi.

She didn't get the chance because she left. Travelled all the way there and did nothing. Waste of time

My biggest annoyance was the multiple pointless and lengthy scenes of her wandering through the fire. 80 minute episode and 20 spent watching her fanny about with some peasants

Overall thought it was ok. Writing is shocking but it's fairly entertaining. Happy enough with the way Cleganebowl happened. Everything else was fine, mostly out of character for just about everyone but f**k it, let's just get it over with

I really enjoyed Cleganbowl and them both dying falling into fire was the most fitting death for them. Dany going mad was brilliant. Some things I didn’t like would be that Arya’s list seems a bit pointless now and also the mountain gets stabbed like 20+ times and survives but the night king just one poke and he’s dead?
Anyway the trailer is giving nothing away for the final episode so I’m buzzing to see what happens.

Ps Qyburn’s death made me almost pish myself laughing

The golden company were utter w**k. They were bigged up so much and lasted about 8 seconds before being incinerated.

The Hound going out like a champ was the highlight of that episode. Danaerys turning into the Mad Queen’s been inevitable for a while.

Surely Jon has to kill Danaerys now?

In summary, well played Sandor.

Am I correct in thinking Varys was busy sending ravens out stating that Jon was the true heir before he got cooked? I presume he sent some of them before Greyworm arrived as you saw him signing one in an earlier scene. To who, I guess is the question.

It's actually good Cersei never got the brutal death most would want. It means her character will always remain despicable. In the end, she went out more sympathetically, while Daenerys lost her mind. That's a pretty decent twist really.