Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

I don't get why that annoys folk.  Do you want to just watch them on a ship for an hour with not a lot happening?   Or a bit at the bottom saying "two weeks later"??? 

They have to travel long distances so not really sure how else it could be done.
I know and like I say it hasnt ever really been something I paid attention to, but there used to be a wee bit time on the road. It wouldnt be happening if this season wasnt being crushed into 6, and I didnt wantt he season to suffer for that but it seems to be a wee it. Dont get me wrong I am still loving it and buzzing for it each week. Its just that last night was a bit mental for it.

18 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

“While Dany kind of forgot about the Iron Fleet and Euron’s forces, they certainly haven’t forgotten about her,”

That's  Benioff's explanation for how Euron was able to sneak up on Dany. That's right, she fucking forgot about them. And some say this show hasn't gone to shit.

Yeah, I saw that, to which someone has helpfully provided the below:

Even if we're supposed to believe that this battle at sea is weeks after that meeting, it's a hell of a stretch to think that the leader of an invading force has just forgotten about the existence of their enemies fleet, FFS. Absolutely ridiculous :lol: 

Edited by J_Stewart

Tbf show Euron is pretty forgettable. He just an incredibly horny sailor who's willing to run errands for a shot on Cersie.

The Euron in the books though, no chance you'd forget that mad b*****d.

Alright episode again. The best scene was the extended scene with Varys and Tyrion towards the end. Two absolutely terrific actors speculating and discussing two absolutely bland characters. :lol:

I do think it is strange that she 'forgot' about them but was there a bit where they said Yara had retaken the iron islands? Maybe they assumed the iron fleet was under her control?

i need some more straws to clutch!!!

I don't get why that annoys folk.  Do you want to just watch them on a ship for an hour with not a lot happening?   Or a bit at the bottom saying "two weeks later"??? 

They have to travel long distances so not really sure how else it could be done.

Agree with this. It worked in earlier seasons because there were many different stories playing out at once. So you could go a couple episodes without seeing a character. Can’t really do that when there’s essentially only two separate plots now - and they get closer to merging every week.

54 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

The only time I was taken out the momwnt was Gendry running to the wall and the raven message. But I get it.

Yeah I kind of get that bit to be fair as it seemed like they had trekked days to get there and he just ran back.

45 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Alright episode again. The best scene was the extended scene with Varys and Tyrion towards the end. Two absolutely terrific actors speculating and discussing two absolutely bland characters. :lol:

I enjoyed that scene but it definitely felt like Varys signing off on his own execution (by dragon) next week.

4 minutes ago, Tommy Nooka said:

I enjoyed that scene but it definitely felt like Varys signing off on his own execution (by dragon) next week.

They've actually laid down a good motivation for it though. If he does go like that then it'll feel like a true vindication of his character arc.

18 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Definitely a lot better than Episode 3 on terms of having some depth to the plot again, even if it is still way too rushed. It's too bad they didn't cast Rose Leslie as Danerys, because the complete lack of chemistry between Kit Harrington and Emelia Clarke is one of the biggest problems of the last two seasons.  In a similar way Missandei was clearly cast as eye candy more than anything else. The actress who plays her is just too wooden in her delivery to pull off a scene like the one at the end.

There were an awful lot of close up shots of bad acting in that episode, weren't there?

The Jaime and Brienne romance was just completely werid and not-needed at all. Not sure what the point in it was if Jamie was just going to f**k off back to King's Landing at the end of the episode anyway
Same with Gendry and Arya. Turned into a bit of a sit com with all the reunions going on in the last season and a bit.

Hope the pay off is good.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I wondered about that. All this "has a claim" stuff seems pretty arbitrary. ...

All depends if the blonde haired tavern wench he described as his mother at one point was really Cersei and whether Gendry was the "black haired beauty" who supposedly died from when Cersei was talking to Catelyn after Brann got shoved out the window. If he is Robert Baratheon's first born son by Cersei, and was removed from the picture so the kids she had with Jaime would be favoured, he didn't need to be legitimised.

On 06/05/2019 at 04:45, Shotgun said:

Right. All the shit that's happened in this show over the years and the first time I was angry at a character, really fucking angry was when the twat rode off into the sunset without even taking a moment to scrunch his dug's ears and tell him he's a good boy. If that c**t doesn't get his in the last couple of episodes, I want my money back.

Why do people give so much of a f**k about a pet on a TV show? Find it quite tragic

Anyway, thought that episode was shite. Everything is just so contrived now

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

All depends if the blonde haired tavern wench he described as his mother at one point was really Cersei and whether Gendry was the "black haired beauty" who supposedly died from when Cersei was talking to Catelyn after Brann got shoved out the window. If he is Robert Baratheon's first born son by Cersei, and was removed from the picture so the kids she had with Jaime would be favoured, he didn't need to be legitimised.

Makes no sense. Why would Cersei have gone through with the whole charade? Why let Robert impregnate her in the first place just to go through all that?

This is just another silly theory up there with 'Tyrion is a Targaryen'.

Why do people give so much of a f**k about a pet on a TV show? Find it quite tragic
Anyway, thought that episode was shite. Everything is just so contrived now

Would you say the same about Drogon? Also why do people care about anyone on a TV show?

Not sure why losing a dragon is being talked about as a plot hole when it's been clear for several seasons that Daenerys and Jon are fucking morons with no tactical nous between them whatsoever. They've already thrown away tens of thousands of men - and one dragon already - in lots of failed maneuvers.  

The fatal plot hole from here would be if they contrived to take King's Landing by assault rather than some form of massive internal revolt against Cersei doing the job for them. 

Tormund isn't a deserted. He promised Jon he would fight the dead, and he did. He never pledged himself or his lads to Danaerys. He can fire off in to a deserved retirement.
Gendry being made a legitimate Baratheon could backfire big time on Danaerys, as he now been legitimised and as such has a claim to the throne. Sore knockback from Arya though. I was wincing throughout that scene.
Jaime clearly had the fear, big time, after he woke up next to The Big Woman. We've all been there mate. 
Pumped her twice mate