Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Tormund isn't a deserted. He promised Jon he would fight the dead, and he did. He never pledged himself or his lads to Danaerys. He can fire off in to a deserved retirement.

Gendry being made a legitimate Baratheon could backfire big time on Danaerys, as he now been legitimised and as such has a claim to the throne. Sore knockback from Arya though. I was wincing throughout that scene.

Jaime clearly had the fear, big time, after he woke up next to The Big Woman. We've all been there mate. 

Game of Scenes. Love the scene of Rhaegal getting it. My favlurite tv scenes are when theres no set up.... Flying along then whack, zero warning for the viewer. No doubt or anything either with one clean through the neck.

34 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Maybe she isn't naive and foolish. As far as scheming goes she learned from the best, LF & Cersei, so it's maybe part of her plan. Although telling Tyrion about Jon kinda sets him up with a target on his back.

LF maybe, but Cersei also really isn't that bright as was hinted at recently when the Iron Bank guy was subtly taking the piss out of her about paying off the loan in full and was obvious in earlier seasons when she managed to get herself locked up and paraded around in the scud by the religious lunatics she tried to ally with to dispose of Margery. What marks Sansa out as being a bit on the dim side is the way she openly opposes Danerys in meetings and blurts straight out that she is still adamant about the North's independence. That was not in the LF playbook when dealing with a power crazed psycho that might kill you on a whim at some future point. Think Arya is going to be the Stark kid that learned the hard way how the world works and successfully adapted to it.  Suspect it may not be over yet between her and Gendry and that's the axis that unites the south and north.

What's everyone on about Euron looking scared?

Also I'm betting Mountain smashes Grey Worm then the Hound comes in for the win.

I also say Rhaegal's hit coming when they were all laaaaah flyyyying. Amazing moment, I'm not one for foreshadowing but called it a moment before. Certainly evens it even more.

Cersei is favourite right now but if Euron gets wind that the baby isn't his?

49 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Game of Scenes. Love the scene of Rhaegal getting it. My favlurite tv scenes are when theres no set up.... Flying along then whack, zero warning for the viewer. No doubt or anything either with one clean through the neck.

Thinking about it again, we the viewer had no warning, but how did they possibly sneak up on Daenerys? She's flying so has a full view of what's in the surrounding area, the iron fleet haven't snuck up behind them, they haven't burrowed underneath the ocean like a fucking submarine only to appear as if by magic, they're directly in front when they pop out from behind some rocks...rocks which she can see over the top of ffs.

It's actually a pretty good summation of the last couple of seasons. A good spectacle, but fucking ridiculous when you give it any real thought. 

I take it the next episode will start with Euron asking Cersei how Tyrion knew she was pregnant?

And yes to the nonsense that Euron's fleet could hide that close to Dragonstone and not be noticed. The castle is at the south end of the island, so I've no idea how they could sail that far and be ready to go ashore and not see those other ships.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Gendry being made a legitimate Baratheon could backfire big time on Danaerys, as he now been legitimised and as such has a claim to the throne. Sore knockback from Arya though. I was wincing throughout that scene.

Except his legitimacy hinges entirely on acknowledging her legitimacy first and foremost. Can't have one without the other.

23 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Thinking about it again, we the viewer had no warning, but how did they possibly sneak up on Daenerys? She's flying so has a full view of what's in the surrounding area, the iron fleet haven't snuck up behind them, they haven't burrowed underneath the ocean like a fucking submarine only to appear as if by magic, they're directly in front when they pop out from behind some rocks...rocks which she can see over the top of ffs.

It's actually a pretty good summation of the last couple of seasons. A good spectacle, but fucking ridiculous when you give it any real thought. 

Yeah, lastnight was the first iv been a bit like "mon tae f**k" re the fast travel. Loads have moaned about it before but it never bothered me. Last nights episode must have spanned over weeks if not months

2 minutes ago, gkneil said:

I take it the next episode will start with Euron asking Cersei how Tyrion knew she was pregnant?

And yes to the nonsense that Euron's fleet could hide that close to Dragonstone and not be noticed. The castle is at the south end of the island, so I've no idea how they could sail that far and be ready to go ashore and not see those other ships.

To which she could just say "Qyburn or Varys told him."

2 minutes ago, Spain said:

Except his legitimacy hinges entirely on acknowledging her legitimacy first and foremost. Can't have one without the other.

I don't think folk care all that much about the details. Once they hear that a Baratheon is kicking about they'll most likely just accept it if he's put on the throne by the folk behind the scenes. It's been said many times that the common folk don't really care who sits on the throne as long as they're not a mentalist and as long as the common folk aren't starving.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Gendry being made a legitimate Baratheon could backfire big time on Danaerys, as he now been legitimised and as such has a claim to the throne.

I wondered about that. All this "has a claim" stuff seems pretty arbitrary. Did the Baratheons have much support around the kingdoms?

Shock wedding with Gendry and Sansa, leak the news Jon is pumping his Aunt, and the whole North, plus whoever the Baratheon supporters might be, is suddenly against Dany and Jon.

38 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

What's everyone on about Euron looking scared?

Tbf he looks a bit stunned then you get  dragon screech, I think hes getting obliterated by an armoured dragon.

32 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Shes shown, throughout the entire show, that shes both arrogant, and fucking stupid. She probably fully believed nobody would dare attack her dragons so close to Dragonstone.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Aye, this Euron stuff is being massively overplayed. Seems like one person has misinterpreted it and others have just repeated it. 

Can someone point out to me where in the trailer he is 'shitting it'?

31 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

“While Dany kind of forgot about the Iron Fleet and Euron’s forces, they certainly haven’t forgotten about her,”

That's  Benioff's explanation for how Euron was able to sneak up on Dany. That's right, she fucking forgot about them. And some say this show hasn't gone to shit.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, lastnight was the first iv been a bit like "mon tae f**k" re the fast travel. Loads have moaned about it before but it never bothered me. Last nights episode must have spanned over weeks if not months

I don't get why that annoys folk.  Do you want to just watch them on a ship for an hour with not a lot happening?   Or a bit at the bottom saying "two weeks later"??? 

They have to travel long distances so not really sure how else it could be done.

I don't get why that annoys folk.  Do you want to just watch them on a ship for an hour with not a lot happening?   Or a bit at the bottom saying "two weeks later"??? 

They have to travel long distances so not really sure how else it could be done.
Shes thick, Tyrion is distracted and being sidelined, Jorah is gone. Its not beyond the realms of possibility. Her army and her dragons are succumbing to Westeros which she doesnt understand, at the same pace as her mind is succumbing to her genes.

2 minutes ago, Eric said:

They should do it like the wee mice in Babe popping up in the corner singing "3 weeks later", except with the dragons.

Edited by KnightswoodBear