Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

5 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

I reckon that last dragon might be armoured now.  What with the giant spears and whatnot.  Hence the Euron shitting it.

That was my first thought too.

Enjoyed that episode, sets it up nicely for next week and actually had me beginning to question whether Cersei might win. (Yeah I know she won’t don’t worry)

1 hour ago, Lofarl said:

Really enjoyed that episode.  I did wonder why at the end Cersei did not just decide to wipe out that pissy wee Unsullied force.  I actually thought Bronn was gonna off both of them.  

Nah I fully expected Pod to turn up and put a spear through Bronns head. 

Poor Tormund. We've all been there. Pished out your nut, after the love of your life, she chooses the better looking guy and within minutes you are greeting [emoji23].

At least he ended up with Ghost.

Tormund is my favourite character in the show by a mile.

Still laugh thinking of him casually murdering a wildling leader at hardhome for insulting Jon.

I maybe missed something, but after Daenerys and the dragon manage to avoid all the flying arrows, is there a reason she doesn’t turn round and scorch every single one of Euron’s ships in to the ground? There’d have been ample time before they reloaded. Would have taken out a substantial number of their enemies and saved all her ships from their driftwood fate. Didn’t make much sense to me unless I’ve missed something significant.

Really good episode other than that, although I’m absolutely SEETHING that they’ve written Tormund out. Howling in laughter at his “which one of you cowards shit in my pants” line, and then howling in tears as the big man hugged his pretty little friend goodbye.

Some boy [emoji7]

6 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

I maybe missed something, but after Daenerys and the dragon manage to avoid all the flying arrows, is there a reason she doesn’t turn round and scorch every single one of Euron’s ships in to the ground? There’d have been ample time before they reloaded. Would have taken out a substantial number of their enemies and saved all her ships from their driftwood fate. Didn’t make much sense to me unless I’ve missed something significant.

Really good episode other than that, although I’m absolutely SEETHING that they’ve written Tormund out. Howling in laughter at his “which one of you cowards shit in my pants” line, and then howling in tears as the big man hugged his pretty little friend goodbye.

Some boy emoji7.png

I had similar thought, just fly round behind and bbq the f**k out of them. Those crossbows can't see through sails.

Was a good episode nonetheless.

I had similar thought, just fly round behind and bbq the f**k out of them. Those crossbows can't see through sails.
Was a good episode nonetheless.

Yep. Seemed odd - just fly round the back or wait till it’s dark and you can get close without being seen?

Also, they were deadly accurate with the first Dragon, hitting 3 or 4 in a row, yet missed every shot at Dany's. 

Minor gripe though, I thought last night was excellent, enjoyed it more than last week. A) I could see, and b) I like watching the political manoeuvring more than people scudding each other with weapons.

I got the impression that Dany isn’t keen to risk Drogon. Afraid to engage Euron’s ships in case he took a hit.

Anyone think there’s something in the fact the Jon said bye to Tormund, Ghost & Sam in one go, his most faithful/dependable companions through the entire show. Could be that he’s just saying a full goodbye to the North given he has them fully on his side and now has to repeat the same in the South??

I got the impression that Dany isn’t keen to risk Drogon. Afraid to engage Euron’s ships in case he took a hit.

Anyone think there’s something in the fact the Jon said bye to Tormund, Ghost & Sam in one go, his most faithful/dependable companions through the entire show. Could be that he’s just saying a full goodbye to the North given he has them fully on his side and now has to repeat the same in the South??

Convinced he’s going south knowing he has a duty to take the throne and doesn’t want to risk ghosts death.

6 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

It's like they shopped him into the episode after they'd finished filming it, he was also in the previous two but no c**t acknowledged him.

Yep, that's my take too. He's appeared several times this season but nobody has interacted with him at any point. He's probably thinking "Aye, I should just've fucked off with Nymeria years ago. Leave these ungrateful fuckers to their fate."

11 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Yep, that's my take too. He's appeared several times this season but nobody has interacted with him at any point. He's probably thinking "Aye, I should just've fucked off with Nymeria years ago. Leave these ungrateful fuckers to their fate."

I did wonder whether Ghost might slip out of winterfell and come back with Nymeria and her giant pack in tow.

The Big Woman to go running in to Tormund's arms IMO.

The Queen just got madder...

Every c**t knows about who Jon really is now! That's probably to play out in the last episode.

Big Sam proving to be the top shagger around! Some boy.

They acknowledged Dorne! Although quite who the new prince is is anyone's guess (unless it's a last minute grenade and it's Young Griff, but seriously doubt that is the case).

Perhaps Euron was seeing a new fleet coming to batter him, led by some lad with flowing hair (Dario)? Probably not though.

Do we think the Golden Company will actually fight for Cersei? I can see some sort of turn.

Talking of turns, I was gutted by Bronn's heel turn.

Hound off to start Cleganebowl, and Arya off to murder Cersei. Interesting.

One thing that I've never worked out is why Qyburn is so loyal to Cersei. The Mountain and friends nearly killed him back at Harrenhall (presumably on the orders of Tywin).

Poor Missandei. 

Edited by DA Baracus

I enjoyed that, nice change of pace from last week. Makes it seem like a more even playing field, maybe even slightly in Cersei’s favour at the minute. 

Gutted Tormund is buggering off back home but if there is a spin off with him and ghost then i’m all for it!

Can’t wait for Hound vs Mountain. 

Couldn’t care less about Missandei being bumped, worst part about last weeks episode was Greyworm surviving.