Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

3 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I’m probably not saying saying anything that’s not already been said but this series has been absolutely awful.

The great thing about GoT is the multi layered, intricate story lines that play alongside each other all feeding into the one story.

The last series the pace was rushed and wasted it as there was little build up to any climax.

This series has been completely one dimensional. One focus, all too convenient, simple.

What was the need for a 90 minute battle? The full episode provided about as much mental stimulation as a fire work display or car chase film - it should be far far better than that.

The producers seem to think fancy graphics can compensate for a lack of a plot nowadays.

It was predictable as well. The walkers were hardly going to snuff them out with 3 episodes still to go were they? I knew Arya would strike the fatal blow. The only surprise was that she didn’t take on Brans face to do so.

What was the actual point of the walkers anyway? All built up and then for nothing. Just one dimensional pish.

GoT was up there with the best telly ever until these last 2 series but it’s now patently obvious that they’ve no idea how to pull it all together to a conclusion.

I can’t believe the amount of people that are still singing it’s praises. To me they must be willing it to live up to their expectations so much that they have convinced themselves it’s great - just like folk did with the sequel to Trainspotting or Oasis’ Be Here Now album.

Utter pish.

Be Here Now is a fucking banger ya doss c**t.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The biggest, most important issue in Westeros remains unanswered

Reveal hidden contents

What did Pod do the 3 hoors Tyrion and Bron gave him in season 3?

As said above: sang to them. :lol:

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The crows was just a plot bridge to take the viewer into the sky for the proceeding dragon dance.

The dead are done, they wont be seen again.

Tbf it was obvious when Melisandre said she'd "close blue eyes", in the middle of the episode, that she was doing it. 

Before then I had no clue.

I thought it implied killing wights or that she was about to kill a White Walker. In fact, I've just realised the White Walkers done basically f**k all.

Still not sure I'm happy with Arya killing him. It should have been Jon, even if it was more predictable. Why build them both up as rivals for so long otherwise? It felt like not doing it just for the sake of trying to not be obvious.

Edited by Elixir

9 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I thought it implied killing wights or that she was about to kill a White Walker. In fact, I've just realised the White Walkers done basically f**k all.

Still not sure I'm happy with Arya killing him. It should have been Jon, even if it was more predictable. Why build them both up as rivals for so long otherwise? It felt like not doing it just for the sake of trying to not be obvious.

The NK was never part of Arya's arc, it was always Jon's, so it was surprising she was the one to off him.  Arya always had her list to complete.

It kinda made sense the WW's stayed out the battle as killing one of them would have killed a whole bunch of wights, they are acceptable cannon fodder you can easily sacrifice unlike the Dothraki or Unsullied.

Did anyone apart from Bran witness Arya kill the Night King? A wee lie that Jon did it may interest things. As surely if Arya is to complete her list being known as the assassin that took out the NK won’t do her any favours.

I will be watching it based on what went before in the first 5 seasons. Not what’s come in the last couple of years.

There’s been a complete overreaction in terms of the last couple of seasons and this one. Comparing it to the first 4 or 5 seasons is ridiculous. The time for intricate storylines is over. All the storylines are in the one place and it’s all came to a head so it’s only natural that they would devote an entire episode to a battle. They’ve done it in the past with the Battle of the Blackwater, Battle of the Wall and Battle of the b*****ds and they were all brilliant episodes.

It’s also nonsense to say that D&D don’t know how to finish it considering Martin told them years ago how it finishes and how to wrap up all the plot lines for the main characters. They’re going off of what he’s told them.

It’s obvious that it’s not as good as it was when it first started but no TV show ever is. It’s stupid to expect anything else.

The NK was never part of Arya's arc, it was always Jon's, so it was surprising she was the one to off him.  Arya always had her list to complete.
It kinda made sense the WW's stayed out the battle as killing one of them would have killed a whole bunch of wights, they are acceptable cannon fodder you can easily sacrifice unlike the Dothraki or Unsullied.

I get that but I think it would’ve been quite boring had it simply been a case of Jon beating him.

I may be in the minority but I like the way they did it with Arya. The NK represents death and that was her way of telling him “not today”.

Anyway I think Jon’s arc is now being pushed over to the Iron Throne side of things and deciding whether he wants to remain a Snow and King in the North or become a Targaryan and rule Westeros. The latter will probably result in a conflict with Dany which will lead to him killing her.

On 5/2/2019 at 20:00, RandomGuy. said:

His backstory is still never actually explained, tbf.

It doesn't need to be though? There's a few prequels while will explain it in a far more detailed manner, the information we got for the character was plenty. 

The only reason people are obsessed with the backstory is because some thought Bran was the night king. 

It doesn't need to be though? There's a few prequels while will explain it in a far more detailed manner, the information we got for the character was plenty. 

The only reason people are obsessed with the backstory is because some thought Bran was the night king. 

People are obsessed with the backstory because otherwise he's simply a terrible, one-dimensional, motivationless villain.

It’s obvious that it’s not as good as it was when it first started but no TV show ever is. It’s stupid to expect anything else.

^ never watched Breaking Bad.

The 'Bran is the Night King' theory has gone the same way as the 'Tyrion is a Targaryen and will ride a dragon' theory.

Both were absolute nonsense to begin with and have been shown to be nonsense.

32 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

People are obsessed with the backstory because otherwise he's simply a terrible, one-dimensional, motivationless villain.

^ never watched Breaking Bad.

He is one dimensional. He has a single motivation and purpose, and that makes him one dimensional. There's no nuance to 'wanting to kill everyone and erase history'.

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

There’s been a complete overreaction in terms of the last couple of seasons and this one. Comparing it to the first 4 or 5 seasons is ridiculous. The time for intricate storylines is over. 

Nah. They could easily have strung out certain bits like Littlefinger in Winterfell as an interesting story, instead we got scene after scene of Jon and Dany ham fistedly "falling in love"

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

It was disappointing that, in a show with great characters, that one of the only ones to be in for eight seasons was so bare.

Did anyone apart from Bran witness Arya kill the Night King? A wee lie that Jon did it may interest things. As surely if Arya is to complete her list being known as the assassin that took out the NK won’t do her any favours.

I saw it.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

I saw it.

I did too . I think. I mean I had to stop it a couple of times to adjust the brightness and colour settings but I think I saw it.

19 hours ago, M0rtonfc said:

When Bran took control of the crows, do you think something will come of that or was he simply just flying about looking for where the NK was?

Also, someone mentioned earlier that they don't believe the white walkers are done and dusted, could Bran possibly do anything with them now that the NK is pan breed?

The NK isn't a POV character in the show, so I took that bit as an easy way for them to show us the NK at that moment. 

3 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

The last series of the sopranos is as good as the first.

I mean the final part was good but the parts where you spent a significant amount of time following Vito as he was on the run in rural New England or wherever was pretty awful. Nothing but time filler as they dragged a seasons worth of content across extra episodes.

Edited by Rodhull

He is one dimensional. He has a single motivation and purpose, and that makes him one dimensional. There's no nuance to 'wanting to kill everyone and erase history'.
Exactly, that's why his death was so unsatisfying compared to Joffrey's or Ramsey's.

16 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The 'Bran is the Night King' theory has gone the same way as the 'Tyrion is a Targaryen and will ride a dragon' theory...

Judging by what wound up in my youtube recommendations today there are some people who are still peddling the first of those as the third major twist. Think the latter one might still happen in the book, because the lamest parts of the scripts of the last couple of seasons have been the parts that rule it out by taking Viserion out of the equation and those are probably the parts of the TV series that don't involve GRRM's intended plot lines.