Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

I'd have thought it was obvious by now that the ending of the show won't be nearly as bad as the 'if you think it'll be a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention' crowd have been making out.
I think the available "unhappy endings" now consist of either Cersei, or more likely Dany maybe losing their shit and wiping everyone out with wildfire or dragons or some shit.

The unhappy ending most were anticipating probably revolved around the dead IMO

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I think the available "unhappy endings" now consist of either Cersei, or more likely Dany maybe losing their shit and wiping everyone out with wildfire or dragons or some shit.

The unhappy ending most were anticipating probably revolved around the dead IMO

There's a good chance either of those happens. Probably Dany cooking half of Kings Landing forcing Jon to bring her down.

No way Cersei survives. This ends with one of the 'good guys' on the throne to rebuild Westeros.

The dead killing everyone was a preferable ending to Cersei winning.

I’d put Cersei winning well above either Jon, or more likely Dany, winning.

Samwell turning heel is my preferred outcome.

I think I would enjoy Bran turning heel and staring blankly at people who try to appeal to him as he torches their shit, asking them repeatedly how many fucking time he has to say hes not Bran Stark anymore.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:
What more explanation was there? 
FWIW I've watched the whole thing twice over.

That he was created as a weapon by the children, and following truce with the first men escaped and began the first long night

When was that all explained?

Just now, Bairnardo said:
1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:
When was that all explained?

Unsure tbh. But I knew it so maybe I read it rather than seen it on tv. Didnt the Children explain it to Bran?

I cant remember, I got extremely bored during that whole plot line so wasnt paying much attention.

No, there was more to it than that.
Maybe if the people complaining about the episode had actually watched the previous 7 seasons they might have actually understood what was going on. 
What more explanation was there? 
FWIW I've watched the whole thing twice over.
I cant remember, I got extremely bored during that whole plot line so wasnt paying much attention.
f**k me.

Mrs B Alias found

55 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I like the idea of a Sopranos open style ending.

Just to annoy the fanboys.

May have already been posted, but a professor from the US Army College has reviewed the Battle of Winterfell and the relative military strategies from an IR perspective.  It's a far better read than I made it sound.
https://slate.com/culture/2019/04/battle-winterfell-military-analysis-tactics.html?fbclid=IwAR0Zz92bF-wz0ZXwNSrOy3hlNT6koYi2vPGLt10Ujr5Mz8Ox2AM3DX3K8Eo

Id be more interested to read Jon Snows opinion on the Tet Offensive.

2 minutes ago, LeeVanTeeth said:

I like it.  The screen just going black for a minute.

Imagine if it went all High School Musical, with a song and dance number.  The title of the books was literal all along.

Imagine if it went all High School Musical, with a song and dance number.  The title of the books was literal all along.
If Ed Sheerans musical career hasn't turned out to be one big gotcha style ruse despite it being the only logical explanation, then I dont think this will be....

If Ed Sheerans musical career hasn't turned out to be one big gotcha style ruse despite it being the only logical explanation, then I dont think this will be....

You couldn’t say you weren’t warned.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

...something dramatic is about to happen that could finally decide who sits on the iron throne and suddenly the camera slowly pulls out from the blue eye of a giant called McCumber and stays like that for 5 minutes.

I never quite got over Gendry running back to the wall so a raven could be sent to Dragonstone to get Danerys to fly to the rescue last season given both the raven and the dragons would have had to have flown as fast as a 747 for it to make any sense, so I find it difficult to take the HBO version all that seriously now. I just enjoy the later seasons as an entertaining action thriller series aimed primarily at the intellectually subnormal tits and dragons portion of the audience when it comes to plot complexity.

Hopefully, the morbidly obese looking septuagenarian gets around to finishing off the remaining two books, so we find out the high brow version of what really happens. If he croaks or turns senile that would provide the real open ended conclusion that leaves everything dangling...  

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Battle starts, camera flies between heroes and vilians in various situations, fades to black, generic shouting we have won can be heard, camera pans out and GRR Martin is napping on a chair in front of a fire with a smile.
Ends

Battle starts, camera flies between heroes and vilians in various situations, fades to black, generic shouting we have won can be heard, camera pans out and GRR Martin is napping on a chair in front of a fire with a smile.
Ends

That’s more of a Monty Python ending, but I’m down for that too.

This thread has reminded me just how tedious the day-after-the-final-episode is going to be.

Surely the biggest troll would be a massive build up in the next two weeks before Cersei stepping down voluntarily and the whole of the last episode is just Tyrion and Varys chairing a council meeting where they politely discuss the allocating of resources to rebuild Westeros and the minutiae of a trade deal with the free cities of Essos.