Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

We always build a show up then knock it down. Initial reactions from that episode on here was OMFG. It's great entertainment, we will all be watching next week.
Of course we will.

We have been told not to expect the happy ending we all thought might have happened. So now the NK is gone (or is he [emoji848] *) the only outcome preventing a happy ending now is Cersei still being on the throne at the end having wiped out all the 'goodies'.

Finally watched it last night and only read the last couple of pages here so sorry if it's been covered but there was so much sillyness going on.  Battle starts with about 3 million white walkers all sprinting at Usain Bolt pace towards the good guys, collisions aplenty, bloodbath. Then Jon Snow tries to sneak up on the Night King, who raises about 500 dead around Jon. Jon stands there and the whites very slowly and in single file try to take him out while he slays them.  Perhaps I've missed something which explains this, but the dead seem to pick and choose the situations they can run in and the situations they need to walk slowly like zombies, funnily enough always to the convenience of who they want to keep alive.

I thought the way it was shot was shite too, at first I thought there was something up with my TV but the kind of slow motion/fade effect they put on most of the battle scenes just made it really hard to watch.  Was the identity of the Night King explained? Seems extremely underwhelming that they've built this c**t up for the entire show and he's deid at the first battle.  I've probably missed something major which explains who the Night King is mind you.

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Finally watched it last night and only read the last couple of pages here so sorry if it's been covered but there was so much sillyness going on.  Battle starts with about 3 million white walkers all sprinting at Usain Bolt pace towards the good guys, collisions aplenty, bloodbath. Then Jon Snow tries to sneak up on the Night King, who raises about 500 dead around Jon. Jon stands there and the whites very slowly and in single file try to take him out while he slays them.  Perhaps I've missed something which explains this, but the dead seem to pick and choose the situations they can run in and the situations they need to walk slowly like zombies, funnily enough always to the convenience of who they want to keep alive.

I thought the way it was shot was shite too, at first I thought there was something up with my TV but the kind of slow motion/fade effect they put on most of the battle scenes just made it really hard to watch.  Was the identity of the Night King explained? Seems extremely underwhelming that they've built this c**t up for the entire show and he's deid at the first battle.  I've probably missed something major which explains who the Night King is mind you.

Only explanation is seeing a random guy getting a knife put in his heart by the children of the forest, in one of Brans vision things. That's it.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Only explanation is seeing a random guy getting a knife put in his heart by the children of the forest, in one of Brans vision things. That's it.

Perhaps the theory that he's no actually deid will come true then and we'll get a clearer explanation.  I hope not, but it doesn't make any sense not to explain who it is. Or is it just a total fucking random? Bit shite.

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Perhaps the theory that he's no actually deid will come true then and we'll get a clearer explanation.  I hope not, but it doesn't make any sense not to explain who it is. Or is it just a total fucking random? Bit shite.

Nah that's all we've got, and we'll get. Show runners seem to be aware theres swathes of people on forums like these who'll explain things, so they dont bother doing it on the show.

16 hours ago, Guts said:

I was just joking saying that but at the same time her abilities have been magical at times. Eg while being an assassin for and training with the faceless squad so not too nuts to think she could do it.

to be fair I've heard crazier suggestions.

8 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

the only outcome preventing a happy ending now is Cersei still being on the throne at the end having wiped out all the 'goodies'.

80/1 on sky bet :thumsup2

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

No, there was more to it than that.

Maybe if the people complaining about the episode had actually watched the previous 7 seasons they might have actually understood what was going on. 

May have already been posted, but a professor from the US Army College has reviewed the Battle of Winterfell and the relative military strategies from an IR perspective.  It's a far better read than I made it sound.

https://slate.com/culture/2019/04/battle-winterfell-military-analysis-tactics.html?fbclid=IwAR0Zz92bF-wz0ZXwNSrOy3hlNT6koYi2vPGLt10Ujr5Mz8Ox2AM3DX3K8Eo

21 minutes ago, The Master said:

No, there was more to it than that.

Maybe if the people complaining about the episode had actually watched the previous 7 seasons they might have actually understood what was going on. 

What more explanation was there? 

FWIW I've watched the whole thing twice over.

Edited by RandomGuy.

What more explanation was there? 
FWIW I've watched the whole thing twice over.
That he was created as a weapon by the children, and following truce with the first men escaped and began the first long night

9 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Of course we will.

We have been told not to expect the happy ending we all thought might have happened.

...mostly from bairnagain though who is a total melt. 

49 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
1 hour ago, Eric said:
80/1 on sky bet :thumsup2

Sake, I got her at 25/1 before the season started. Drifting to 80 doesn't bode well.

I only got 40/1 about 3 days ago so something must have changed it.

I'd have thought it was obvious by now that the ending of the show won't be nearly as bad as the 'if you think it'll be a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention' crowd have been making out.

May have already been posted, but a professor from the US Army College has reviewed the Battle of Winterfell and the relative military strategies from an IR perspective.  It's a far better read than I made it sound.
https://slate.com/culture/2019/04/battle-winterfell-military-analysis-tactics.html?fbclid=IwAR0Zz92bF-wz0ZXwNSrOy3hlNT6koYi2vPGLt10Ujr5Mz8Ox2AM3DX3K8Eo

Jesus someone has put too much thought into that.