Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Why did Thoros save Beric so many times then? Thoros himself said he did it just because Beric is his friend.
But Beric can't do it anyway. Only a Red Priest or Priestess can do it, and Beric is a Red Priest.
Not everything needs to be tied up with a neat bow, and not everything will. See Robyn Arryn, Meera Reed, Edmure Tully, Ellaria Sand, Daario Naharis, Salladhor Saan, Jaqen H'ghar, Ilyn Payne, Ilyiro Mopatis, the entire region of Dorne, all of Essos etc etc.
Ellaria Sand is well tied up. Cersei made her future very clear. She will watch her daughters body rot in their cell.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Why did Thoros save Beric so many times then? Thoros himself said he did it just because Beric is his friend.

But Beric can't do it anyway. Only a Red Priest or Priestess can do it, and Beric is a Red Priest.

Not everything needs to be tied up with a neat bow, and not everything will. See Robyn Arryn, Meera Reed, Edmure Tully, Ellaria Sand, Daario Naharis, Salladhor Saan, Jaqen H'ghar, Ilyn Payne, Ilyiro Mopatis, the entire region of Dorne, all of Essos etc etc.

Beric still has to do something, that's why he was saved a number of times. He'd have been killed off or forgotten about like some of those you've mentioned above if his plot was finished but he hasn't been. I don't believe for a second that Thoros just did it because Beric was his friend. Plenty of those you've listed fulfilled their role, small as it was compared to the books. And as we're at the final season and we're getting ready to see some characters done away with, there are some who clearly haven't reached their point of paying out. And I feel Beric is one.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Melisandre appeared to be planning to come back to die along with Varys, so odds on she has some sort of major part to play. Plenty of hints on the fire burning in her in the book as well, but there are often hints for multiple possibilities provided as was the case with John Snow's parentage, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything and may have been a red herring. There's a whole complicated side plot involving the Golden Company that I won't explain in case some of it happens, but it will be interesting to see what they get up to in the later episodes and whether they have their own agenda as Euron and the Ironborn might as well given Cersei has made her position vulnerable by driving away the rest of her family.

The Golden Company is an excellent example of something that is covered extensively in the book, but has only been mentioned recently in the show and only as an army for hire though there is much more to them in the books, which I also won't disclose. But they, like Dorne and a number of characters from the books, may have a much more minor role.

Definitely enjoyed this more than last week’s, despite some duff moments. Thought all the Arya/Gendry bits were cringeworthy, not just the sex scene, there have been a couple of times where the show has successfully managed to put across that she’s a hardened killer now, they don’t need to have her throwing spearheads at a post just so Gendry can go ZOMG WHAT A BADASS. On the other hand I liked all the Jaime scenes, him and Tyrion always good value especially.

Liked how you got all the preparations for the big battle (sticking dragon glass to everything mainly) in the background although LOL at how they always have to have one of those Risk-type maps with the little models. In this case isn’t it just “We’re here inside Winterfell and the Night King’s lot, literally one big mass of bodies moving together, are outside”? How do they even know how many of the enemy there are?

Bit low on funny moments - I did laugh at Tormund’s anecdote but was disappointed they didn’t follow through with the Onion Knight’s Soup Nazi impression. 

31 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I'd love for him to make an another appearance.

A man would like that.

16 minutes ago, gkneil said:

Beric still has to do something, that's why he was saved a number of times. He'd have been killed off or forgotten about like some of those you've mentioned above if his plot was finished but he hasn't been. I don't believe for a second that Thoros just did it because Beric was his friend. Plenty of those you've listed fulfilled their role, small as it was compared to the books. And as we're at the final season and we're getting ready to see some characters done away with, there are some who clearly haven't reached their point of paying out. And I feel Beric is one.

The Golden Company is an excellent example of something that is covered extensively in the book, but has only been mentioned recently in the show and only as an army for hire though there is much more to them in the books, which I also won't disclose. But they, like Dorne and a number of characters from the books, may have a much more minor role.

So what has Lyanna Mormont still got to do? What about Yohn Royce? Greyworm? Yara? 

42 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I think Edmure Tully and Robyn Arryn at least were both confirmed as being in this series by HBO. Pretty surprising they've not been in it already.

So what has Lyanna Mormont still got to do? What about Yohn Royce? Greyworm? Yara? 
Lyanna has shown as brave and strong as a leader and her role is ally to John. Royce and Grey Worm are soldiers about to fight in the battle of their time. Yara.... Who knows but seriously dount wev seen the last of her

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm a bit lost at where this is going. All I did was make some predictions for a number of characters and included a couple of ones that link to the book. That doesn't mean that I expect every character seen on-screen to require a pay-off. For what its worth though:

Greyworm leads an army, he'll die during the battle in heroic circumstances. He'll likely be helped by Northmen who finally giver him respect. His life is war, he doesn't get to see the good times, unlike Missandei who likely will.

Yara possibly became a vehicle for Theon to progress his arc and come full circle, which is likely to end by dying while defending Bran. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see her again.

30 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

I think Edmure Tully and Robyn Arryn at least were both confirmed as being in this series by HBO. Pretty surprising they've not been in it already.

Interesting. Edmure still has a considerable number of troops at his disposal and presumably now controls Riverrun. Could we see him firing North with some lads?

If we see Robyn again I hope it's his exit via the Moon Door.

14 minutes ago, gkneil said:

I'm a bit lost at where this is going. All I did was make some predictions for a number of characters and included a couple of ones that link to the book. That doesn't mean that I expect every character seen on-screen to require a pay-off. For what its worth though:

Greyworm leads an army, he'll die during the battle in heroic circumstances. He'll likely be helped by Northmen who finally giver him respect. His life is war, he doesn't get to see the good times, unlike Missandei who likely will.

Yara possibly became a vehicle for Theon to progress his arc and come full circle, which is likely to end by dying while defending Bran. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see her again.

Nah, all I was meaning is that if Beric is still around because he still has to do something, then surely that would apply to others, like the ones I've mentioned. Yohn Royce could have been executed on the orders of Robyn (more accurately Littlefinger, who was pulling Robyn's strings) in that scene in season 4 (I think), and he could have presumably died at the Battle of the b*****ds. He didn't though, and he's still around, but it doesn't mean he still has to do something.

It would be like the 293848903289432 endings of Lord of the Rings if we saw a conclusion for every character still going.

Nah, all I was meaning is that if Beric is still around because he still has to do something, then surely that would apply to others, like the ones I've mentioned. Yohn Royce could have been executed on the orders of Robyn (more accurately Littlefinger, who was pulling Robyn's strings) in that scene in season 4 (I think), and he could have presumably died at the Battle of the b*****ds. He didn't though, and he's still around, but it doesn't mean he still has to do something.
It would be like the 293848903289432 endings of Lord of the Rings if we saw a conclusion for every character still going.
Naw. The thing with Beric is his entire story has centred around his resurrections which he believes are happening until the Lord of Light has used him for whatver it is hes needed for. It would make no sense for him just to die off, whereas those others you mentioned, there is no lack of story continuity assiciated with them getting skelped at Winterfell.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Naw. The thing with Beric is his entire story has centred around his resurrections which he believes are happening until the Lord of Light has used him for whatver it is hes needed for. It would make no sense for him just to die off, whereas those others you mentioned, there is no lack of story continuity assiciated with them getting skelped at Winterfell.

Maybe the Lord of Light has no say this time given that the Night King is involved?

Besides, there is only god, and his name is death.

Men who watch the greatest programme ever to grace television, also happen to have an outstanding taste in lager.

Hardly a surprise, is it?
I am drinking a can of Tennents right now and I can confirm that both this, and Game of Thrones are fucking fantastic.

I can also confirm Mozza is talking shite.

So this is a long shot, but here goes anyway.

Mind how Melisandre said that she would return to Westeros once more in Season 7? Well, I think she might come to Winterfell at the last minute with the 1000-man strong Army of the Red Priests from the Temple of Light in Volantis - it would also explain the whole thing about the Lord of Light with Beric and the Hound.

It's probably just wishful thinking, but it would be absolutely epic.