Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Beric isn't a priest though, so he won't be bringing anyone back.

The Nissa Nissa stuff hasn't been explained or explored in the TV show, so they wouldn't just fire it in and expect everyone to understand it, and for that reason I doubt we'll see it. Not sure how you arrive at Melisandre being Nissa Nissa either.

Wouldn't rule it out, he's pretty well in with the Lord of Light and in the books he  did give his life to resurrect someone. 

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Wouldn't rule it out, he's pretty well in with the Lord of Light and in the books he  did give his life to resurrect someone. 

This isn't the books though.

14 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
20 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
This isn't the books though.

Yeah, the show is just based on them.

As you well know there are loads of differences between the show and the book. I think one of the main things is that the writers of the TV show don't assume that everyone knows everything that's happened in the books. There are wee nods and winks towards such stuff, but all plot points on the TV show are explained in a way that people who haven't read the books will be able to understand.

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

As you well know there are loads of differences between the show and the book. I think one of the main things is that the writers of the TV show don't assume that everyone knows everything that's happened in the books. There are wee nods and winks towards such stuff, but all plot points on the TV show are explained in a way that people who haven't read the books will be able to understand.

In the show Beric has been resurrected five times and is always banging on about how he was brought back for a reason. I'd be surprised if he doesn't fulfil some important function (like resurrecting somebody) with  that in mind and  instead  just ends up as cannon fodder.

In the show Beric has been resurrected five times and is always banging on about how he was brought back for a reason. I'd be surprised if he doesn't fulfil some important function (like resurrecting somebody) with  that in mind and  instead  just ends up as cannon fodder.
Yeah everything about him makes no sense unless he does someyhing important

9 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

I dare anyone to try and tell me that Tormund revealing the reason for his name and then downing the milk, spilling it all over himself, wasn’t the best scene in the entire programme.

Double dare you.

I'm really not one for throwing stuff in just to please fans, but if Tormund and Ser Brienne don't get together before the end of this, I'll be absolutely livid.

10 hours ago, Shotgun said:

I made the mistake of joining a GoT group on a certain well known social media site prior to watching this week's episode. I had to un-join today because I simply couldn't handle the number of threads started by people having meltdowns over this. We've had 8 years of sexual violence, incest, genital mutilation and rapes, including Cersei being forcibly violated by her brother next to the corpse of her son. Yet people are losing their shit because Arya had consensual sex the night before she's quite likely to die. 

The character is an adult woman. She's played by an adult woman. But apparently she should die a virgin because she 'used to be' a child. 

Obviously the large amount of a adult virgins who are massive fans, don't like the idea of any other virgin having the chance to get their Nat King and taking it.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Beric isn't a priest though, so he won't be bringing anyone back.

The Nissa Nissa stuff hasn't been explained or explored in the TV show, so they wouldn't just fire it in and expect everyone to understand it, and for that reason I doubt we'll see it. Not sure how you arrive at Melisandre being Nissa Nissa either.

As others have said with regards to Beric, there has to be a reason for some characters to still be alive. Just because some things from the books haven't been mentioned yet doesn't mean they won't be. It wouldn't require much explanation for Beric to do something like I've suggested, a short statement that he has control of the life Thoros gave him last time to pass to another. And I think he'll do that for the Hound to allow him to then complete his arc.

For me, Melisandre going on about how there's a fire burning in her and having lived for so long means there has to be a big pay-off imo. And if not an exact Nissa Nissa moment, something similar like that fire in her being used against the Night King via a sword to the heart will do. Again, very little explanation would be used/needed if they go down that route.

3 minutes ago, gkneil said:

As others have said with regards to Beric, there has to be a reason for some characters to still be alive. Just because some things from the books haven't been mentioned yet doesn't mean they won't be. It wouldn't require much explanation for Beric to do something like I've suggested, a short statement that he has control of the life Thoros gave him last time to pass to another. And I think he'll do that for the Hound to allow him to then complete his arc.

For me, Melisandre going on about how there's a fire burning in her and having lived for so long means there has to be a big pay-off imo. And if not an exact Nissa Nissa moment, something similar like that fire in her being used against the Night King via a sword to the heart will do. Again, very little explanation would be used/needed if they go down that route.

Why didn't Beric save Thoros then? Why did he let his friends for hours?

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
Why didn't Beric save Thoros then? Why did he let his friends for hours?

Saving Thoros wasnt his purpose.

Why did Thoros save Beric so many times then? Thoros himself said he did it just because Beric is his friend.

But Beric can't do it anyway. Only a Red Priest or Priestess can do it, and Beric is a Red Priest.

Not everything needs to be tied up with a neat bow, and not everything will. See Robyn Arryn, Meera Reed, Edmure Tully, Ellaria Sand, Daario Naharis, Salladhor Saan, Jaqen H'ghar, Ilyn Payne, Ilyiro Mopatis, the entire region of Dorne, all of Essos etc etc.

Edited by DA Baracus

7 minutes ago, gkneil said:

...For me, Melisandre going on about how there's a fire burning in her and having lived for so long means there has to be a big pay-off imo....

Melisandre appeared to be planning to come back to die along with Varys, so odds on she has some sort of major part to play. Plenty of hints on the fire burning in her in the book as well, but there are often hints for multiple possibilities provided as was the case with John Snow's parentage, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything and may have been a red herring. There's a whole complicated side plot involving the Golden Company that I won't explain in case some of it happens, but it will be interesting to see what they get up to in the later episodes and whether they have their own agenda as Euron and the Ironborn might as well given Cersei has made her position vulnerable by driving away the rest of her family.

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not everything needs to be tied up with a neat bow, and not everything will. See Robyn Arryn, Meera Reed, Edmure Tully, Ellaria Sand, Daario Naharis, Salladhor Saan, Jaqen H'ghar, Ilyn Payne, Ilyiro Mopatis, the entire region of Dorne, all of Essos etc etc.

If we don't see Meera again i'm writing a letter of complaint.