Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Thought it was one of the best episodes for a while. Sophie Turners acting was one of the highlights. Lot of laughs, lot of emotional beats and some important plot points hinted at. 

There are going to be a lot of well loved characters dead by this time next week. 

I didn’t buy the argument that the first episode was filler - they needed to set up the series and give everyone converging on Winterfell the impact it deserves - however this week’s did feel a bit like filler. Seemed like, aside from the first 10mins and last 5, they were giving the majority of screentime to secondary characters so their deaths are more impactful. Really hoping they conclude the series in a satisfying way with the scant time left. 

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

Wondering if Bran or possibly Jon have the ability to warg into the dragons. :unsure2:

I thought that after seeing last week's episode. Bran to take over the Night King's dragon and have it drop him off in the courtyard for Jon to finish.

The fireplace scene was excellent. Tormund and Ser Brienne would make a great ending, but I reckon one of them's gone.

Might have been my bleary 2am eyes, but Ayra looked CGI'd at one point in that scene with Gendry, in the way that Cersei was in her shame walk.

On 4/20/2019 at 15:29, Stellaboz said:

Ah the professional actors are still posting? Magic.

Aye, I was going to make a post about how the dragons don't look realistic but then I remembered that I wasn't a professional CGI artist, so have absolutely no right to make a comment like that.

Aye, I was going to make a post about how the dragons don't look realistic but then I remembered that I wasn't a professional CGI artist, so have absolutely no right to make a comment like that.
Don't worry, I'm a professional dragon wrangler and can confirm that they are unrealistic.

The Gendry/Arya scene did seem a bit last train to noncentral. I was expecting Gendry to say "What the f**k Arya, you're a child."

Got a few things going through my head after that episode,  Will try to be a bit more positive this week, don't want to be one for moaning about it just for the sake of moaning.

Spoiler

Will get the negative out the way.  No need for that Arya/Gendry scene. Just totally out of place. It has become a bit of a soap opera with all these love interests popping up. 

Tormund was absolutely brilliant once again. 

I hate Brienne of Tarth but the knighting scene with Jamie was nicely done. Now hope she gets chopped up.

What did Brann tell Tyrion off camera? Could Tyrion be the next 3 eye raven or is it too late for that transformation? 

2 whole seconds of Ghost too. Whoopee. Just looked like a normal dog was thrown into the scene :lol:.

Predictions for who is getting culled. Could make a case for 99% of the main characters tbh:

Sansa - Only on the basis that not all the Starks can survive. Her story has went as far as it could imo.

Gendry - Sex scene and new love interest, not got anything further to add to the story. Get rid,

Theon - 100% is a gonner. Suicide mission protecting Brann, Will sacrifice himself to save him.

Jorah :death

Much more but already waffled on too much

Do the unsullied have their peckers or balls chopped off? Didn’t I see one of them banging that girl from Hollyoaks a few episodes ago?

No balls, but I’m sure he just gave her a good muffing anyway.

Don’t blame him, I’d lick her until my tongue fell off.

1 hour ago, Nick_BCFC said:

Do the unsullied have their peckers or balls chopped off? Didn’t I see one of them banging that girl from Hollyoaks a few episodes ago?

All been cheese-wired off. 

He just went down on her.

2 hours ago, Nick_BCFC said:

I might be over thinking this, but if you've had the old sausage chopped, then how do you take a pish?

Why did they keep saying the crypts are safe? The night king can literally raise the dead. Fully expect all the dead Starks to rise up next episode.

Grey Worm is definitely a goner after he promised to take his burd on holiday after the war.

Think the night king might pull a fast one next episode like Robb did when he was at war with the Lannisters and captured Jamie, put a chunk of his army in one place while he goes with the rest to another.

Surely they're not going to be done with the NT & WW in one episode after building up to it for seven seasons.

Tyrion is going to fucking die.

Better episode than the first one. Enjoyed almost all the scenes bar the Arya & Gendry scene.

Next episode should be something special. Impossible to tell who is going to get killed but expect the majority to be killed. Dany has been losing the plot since last season and be interesting to see what happens between Dany and Jon now.

The dead Starks in the crypts coming back to life could happen.

Same as comments above would be surprised if the Night King and his army are dealt with in one episode. The Night King bypassing Winterfell and leading some of his army towards King's Landing could be on the cards too. Would certainly serve Cersci right after going back on her word.