Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Aye basically another filler episode but with a lot more drinking. The wee group session with Tyrion, Jaime, Tormund etc was pretty good.

Something tells me Bran knows he’s going to die judging by what he told Jaime.

There’s going to be a few heavy hitters killed off next week for sure. Just not sure what ones.

Another strong episode for me. Seeing some of these characters interacting is what it's all about just as much as all the actions scenes, etc.

I wondered if Jon wouldn't tell anyone his true parentage, so that's cleared up.

Now... will the Night King fall next week. We'll also be seeing Melisandre for sure. 8)

5 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Arya is about 12 the f**k is goin on 

My big take away too. What the f**k was that? 

Essentially a long goodbye to a number of characters who will probably die in the next episode. Not all obviously, but certainly a significant number are bound to. I felt quite sombre as the episode finished, helped by Jenny’s song. Probably my favourite book callback to date. 

I hoped we’d be further on after 2 episodes considering we’re only getting 6 but still enjoyed it all the same. Highlights for me were Brienne being knighted and I quite enjoyed the interactions between Dany and Sansa and then Jon and Dany in the crypts. Still feel things are heading towards a Robb Stark style demise for Dany, especially if the unsullied and Missandei have half an eye on going home. 

Arya is I think 16 at the end of the books, so should be about 18 by the time of this episode. Well done Gendry - top shagger.

Spoiler

Even if she was like 15, it would hardly be the worst thing in GOT, Meryn Trant was raping 7-year-olds like a season ago.

I'm not looking forward to next week, all my favourites are gonna die, guaranteed.

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There’s going to be a few heavy hitters killed off next week for sure. Just not sure what ones.

Who's everyone's guesses? 

Gendry, Tormund, Edd, Jaime, Theon, Beric, Grey Worm and Jorah are gonners I reckon. 

14 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Arya is about 12 the f**k is goin on 

Coincidentally Hbo tweeted this earlier, which is great because initially I thought everyone who would watch this episode was a nonce. 

8 minutes ago, Kyle said:

. I felt quite sombre as the episode finished, helped by Jenny’s song. Probably my favourite book callback to date. 

Aye big fan, for those who might have missed the reference : https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/game-of-thrones/2019/4/21/18510121/game-of-thrones-jennys-song-full-lyrics-podrick-theory-season-8-episode-2

I thought that was a far stronger episode than last weeks, my main worry is that you could have condensed these into each other, having the first episode longer and having the fight in episode 2, there's only four episodes left? And there's allot of travelling to be done. 

14 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Bran, Tyrion, Gendry, Theon, Jorah, Tormund & Grey Worm all to be slaughtered. Can't wait.

What makes you think Bran's for the Big Sleep? If anyone needs to be around for the closing credits of S8E6, it's him Shirley. Otherwise, everyone else is hosed, no?

Edited by Shotgun

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

And Tormund is an absolute shagger. One of my favourite characters, will be gutted when he gets banged out next week. 

IMG_20190422_033824.jpg.3d49c42ee8e3227d3be7bb0c1a811567.jpg

Legit lol’d at that  :lol: 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

Aye big fan, for those who might have missed the reference : https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/game-of-thrones/2019/4/21/18510121/game-of-thrones-jennys-song-full-lyrics-podrick-theory-season-8-episode-2

I thought that was a far stronger episode than last weeks, my main worry is that you could have condensed these into each other, having the first episode longer and having the fight in episode 2, there's only four episodes left? And there's allot of travelling to be done. 

Edd, Grey Worm, Beric, Gendry, Theon, Jorah, Tormund and Bran are the ones I’m pretty certain are gonna bite the dust. However I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jaime and Tyrion added although they’ve got unfinished business with Cersei.

Couple of wee things though. What’d you reckon Bran and Tyrion spoke about? Did he tell him about Jamie? Or perhaps Jon?

If HBO are making prequels then I want one about the adventures of Tormund. The origins of his name never occurred to me but it’s only further confirmed he needs his own series.

2 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

HE NEEDS SOME MILK

Legit had me chuckling twice tonight, what a boi. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Edd, Grey Worm, Beric, Gendry, Theon, Jorah, Tormund and Bran are the ones I’m pretty certain are gonna bite the dust. However I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jaime and Tyrion added although they’ve got unfinished business with Cersei.

Couple of wee things though. What’d you reckon Bran and Tyrion spoke about? Did he tell him about Jamie? Or perhaps Jon?

If HBO are making prequels then I want one about the adventures of Tormund. The origins of his name never occurred to me but it’s only further confirmed he needs his own series.

I don't think Bran can die, after the speil from Sam about how if you want to wipe out humanity you would start with Bran I'm not sure if he'll be for the chop. 

I think Bran just recounted where he'd been, what he'd done and all that jazz, hold the door etc. No danger Tyrions been told that, had a shit ton of wine and not blabbed it everywhere. I just hope that if he survives the fight Bran gives Ayra the "You looked great last night" wee perv. 

I'd be firmly behind the adventures of Tormund. 

Are we just talking about next week, or by series end? Because I think a few characters will be here in May but not June.

Either way; Grey Worm's getting offed for definite. Daft fucker started talking about plans for when this is all over. Did he never watch any films during his downtime in the Unsullied barracks?

Something weird about Gendry riding Arya, as she still looks about 12.

As the for the episode itself, the ultimate filler. They’ve explained the plan to kill the Night King but nothing will go as planned.

We’re going to see some pretty major deaths next week, I’ve no idea who goes though.

Nice touch from Sam giving Heartsbane to Jorah.

I thought the scene round the fire was outstanding.

Also, Ghost’s back.