Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

2 hours ago, Spain said:

I'm sure I read an extract from interview somewhere with one of the directors saying that Littlefinger's accent changed on purpose. There was a theory going around that it was because he was a faceless man (and not actually always the same "person" wearing the face) but that doesn't stack up for me. If it being intentional was true and I could be bothered checking, I would probably bet on it being something along the lines of him altering his accent to suit whoever he was trying to manipulate at the time e.g. trying to sound more northern when trying to manipulate a notherner etc.

20190419_175035.thumb.jpg.77dd2a77f44561090319ed2faf2c47bc.jpg

8 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Some cracking insight here. :lol:

Man on the Internet says that thing you enjoy is actually unenjoyable!

I'm sure it's rocked the book readers viewpoint to the core.

I'm inferring from the words you have typed that you're not at all bothered but something isn't sitting right. I don't feel that's the full story.

I thought I had cracked it but turns out, as mentioned above, whatever theory you come up with there is screeds written about it already by someone else.

I'll spoiler it as some folk don't even like to read theories

Spoiler

The Night King is the Mad King. I don't know how that transformation happened but when the Carstark boy was burnt the other night it finally clicked with me that that spiral WW symbol is very similar to a Targaryan dragon. The Night King can fly a dragon and also explains why he is marching south when the WW never seemed bothered before about coming south.

It's interesting in all the flashbacks you never see the face of the mad king.

Edited by invergowrie arab

Anyone else think the producers thought the only way to make Emilia Clarke seem like a semi-competent actor was to surround her with some even more wooden actors ?
missandei-grey-worm-got.jpg.23164c0093ffc0cf9ea1db55d6e16a06.jpg

They’re not wooden actors. They’re playing wooden characters. That’s how both characters act so I don’t really know what some people expect them to do.

18 hours ago, LeeVanTeeth said:

Anyone else think the producers thought the only way to make Emilia Clarke seem like a semi-competent actor was to surround her with some even more wooden actors ?

missandei-grey-worm-got.jpg.23164c0093ffc0cf9ea1db55d6e16a06.jpg

45 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

They’re not wooden actors. They’re playing wooden characters. That’s how both characters act so I don’t really know what some people expect them to do.

Missandei can play my wood any time.

fggFxHK.jpg.8ef2be978a3c62b5a2d2e1a68c0e4ac3.jpg

Eh? Eh?

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Given she was previously in Hollyoaks there’s a good chance she’s a wooden actor and playing a wooden character.

5 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yes, they're a pair of wooden characters but a competent actor wouldn't look like they're just reading out lines. There's absolutely no chemistry between them and you never get the remote impression  that they're going through whatever their characters are going through, an essential requisite for the acting game.

9 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I thought I had cracked it but turns out, as mentioned above, whatever theory you come up with there is screeds written about it already by someone else.

I'll spoiler it as some folk don't even like to read theories

Hide contents

The Night King is the Mad King. I don't know how that transformation happened but when the Carstark boy was burnt the other night it finally clicked with me that that spiral WW symbol is very similar to a Targaryan dragon. The Night King can fly a dragon and also explains why he is marching south when the WW never seemed bothered before about coming south.

It's interesting in all the flashbacks you never see the face of the mad king.

You quite clearly see the Mad King's face in the 'flashback', especially where he's shouting "Burn them all!".

The symbol is the pattern of the stones in the area where the Night King is first 'created' by the Children.

Edited by DA Baracus

The Night King better just be a weapon created out of a First Man by the Children.

If it's some such shite as him being a secret Targareyn/Stark or hes fucking Bran, I'll be disgusted.

The Night King better just be a weapon created out of a First Man by the Children.
If it's some such shite as him being a secret Targareyn/Stark or hes fucking Bran, I'll be disgusted.
Will they have time to give us such a complex explanation? I've got a feeling they'll just leave it open - we already saw a flashback of him being made so they'll probably leave it at that

38 minutes ago, Elixir said:

He probably is a Stark, but he isn't Bran, and there will be a deeper meaning behind him.

Is he not meant to be before the families all come about, as such?

I've no idea of timelines of when the First Men split into "factions/families"

2 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:
1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Will they have time to give us such a complex explanation? I've got a feeling they'll just leave it open - we already saw a flashback of him being made so they'll probably leave it at that

I hope they just leave it as it is, personally.

Why are folk wondering about a 'meaning' behind the Night King? His origin has already been explained.

In the same scene you also see the stones in the pattern that the Night King has used before, notably in the last episode with the Umber boy and earlier when Jon is with Mance in the Land of Always Winter (Beyond the Wall). Folk are overthinking things that have already been explained.

Edited by DA Baracus

Why are folk wondering about a 'meaning' behind the Night King? His origin has already been explained.
In the same scene you also see the stones in the pattern that the Night King has used before, notably in the last episode with the Karstark boy and earlier when Jon is with Mance in the Land of Always Winter (Beyond the Wall). Folk are overthinking things that have already been explained.

Umber boy

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
In the same scene you also see the stones in the pattern that the Night King has used before, notably in the last episode with the Karstark boy and earlier when Jon is with Mance in the Land of Always Winter (Beyond the Wall). Folk are overthinking things that have already been explained.

Umber boy

Whoops! Aye, the Umber lad.

The Karstark leader is a lassie! Alys I believe.