Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

My prediction for the end is that Danny and Jon are going to end up against each other or Danny will end up out the picture in some way. The 7 Kingdoms will be split apart and nobody ends on the Iron throne. Unlike others, I think Tormond will make it, we don't have any other established character from the freefolk so we need someone to be their leader when it's all over. I think the Hound will loose Clegain bowl and Arya will avenge him. Jamie is going to kill Cerci, possibly sacrificing himself to do so, possibly after she kills Tyrion, ending the family line. All of this may end up ballocks and half the characters mentioned end up dead in the battle at winterfell. 

I also subscribe to the theory that the very end will be Sam writing all of this saga down at the citadel. 

One thing I can't work out is that if Bran is all seeing, how does he not know already that Cerci has no intention of helping them?

9 minutes ago, Estragon is a fud said:

How is that obvious exactly?  Did I miss the  Night King flashing his battle plans in that episode or something? That will come as  news to anyone who hasn't read an in-depth preview of the series and episodes.  Furthermore telling us that the there will be a battle at King's Landing in episode 5 tells us the White Walkers will win that first battle and make their way down to the south, which is the very definition of a spoiler

So get that shite in spoiler tags.

Who's to say the white walkers win the first battle? What if the North wins the first and Jon goes down with his dragons to bump Cersei? 

Going by the trailers Jon and Danny are in Dragonstone, draw from that what you wish. 

31 minutes ago, Estragon is a fud said:

How is that obvious exactly?  Did I miss the  Night King flashing his battle plans in that episode or something? That will come as  news to anyone who hasn't read an in-depth preview of the series and episodes.  Furthermore telling us that the there will be a battle at King's Landing in episode 5 tells us the White Walkers will win that first battle and make their way down to the south, which is the very definition of a spoiler

Tbf the "Battle of Kings Landing" could easily be Lannisters + Gold Cloaks v Who survives at Winterfell. Two, maybe three, episodes dealing with the Night King and then it leaves just the Iron Throne to deal with.

44 minutes ago, Yoshi-91 said:

One thing I can't work out is that if Bran is all seeing, how does he not know already that Cerci has no intention of helping them?

I dont think he sees everything at once, he can just see events that he goes looking for. Maybe hes not had an inkling to look at what Cersei is doing.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I think people just assume it will be that episode as it's 80 odd minutes long and directed by the guy who did the Battle of the b*****ds episode but for those that don't look into those sort of things it kind of is a bit of a spoiler.

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

I think people just assume it will be that episode as it's 80 odd minutes long and directed by the guy who did the Battle of the b*****ds episode but for those that don't look into those sort of things it kind of is a bit of a spoiler.

All of them after episode 2 are about 1 hour 20 mins and it makes storyline sense for the Battle of Winterfell to be episode 3 but I think the most you can take from the director is that there'll be a battle. 

6 minutes ago, The OP said:

I've only ever seen speculation that the battle of Winterfell is episode 3, I had no idea there was supposedly a timeline thereafter. 

I'd heard similar - I think themselves have spoken quite openly about it. I kind of assumed there would be more than just 1 battle though. There's in effect 3 separate factions and the first battle appears to be only involving two of those, with Cersei keeping her strength in the south. 

Having said that, I'll be disappointed if the white walker threat is dealt with in one (albeit extended) episode. They've been building up their strength since Hardhome and it would be pretty underwhelming for Jon Snow and his posse just to wipe the floor with them in less than 90 minutes.

4 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
5 hours ago, Elixir said:
It has been blindingly obvious for ages that the Battle of Winterfell will be set in episode three and the Battle of King's Landing will be set in episode five. Those aren't spoilers.

So it's just conjecture, then?

3 hours ago, Estragon is a fud said:

:lol:

There's now five episodes left. It doesn't take a genius to work out that there is going to be a battle at Winterfell and then one in the south afterwards.

You'd have to be thick not to at least put that together.

Thought that was a sort of OK 6/10 episode, the series openers are always a bit like this. The bit with the dragons and waterfall was total shit, proper I_dont_like_sand.wmv territory. My main gripe at this stage is that all the good actors have been killed off. We’re basically left with about 5 good actors and 100 2D stage schoolers. I can’t work out if Daenerys and Jon for example are boring bland b*****ds beacuse they’re both SHIT soap-level actors or if it’s the characters. I’m leaning towards it being the acting. Daenerys is potentially a gold-tier TV character (sold into chattel, enjoyed her abusive brother getting goldheaded, reborn in fire, led armies across continents, may have genetic disease that will send her shit-stirring mad) and is played like she’s the mean one in ‘As If’...Arya has got worse as an actor, she’s somehow actually lost range. I suspect Sansa never had range, but she’s well cast so I don’t mind her. Bran is AWFUL. Yara is fine on the action stuff but not when she has to be downbeat and emote. Lord Umber Jr, Jr, Jr goes full on Victorian urchin, it was almost a parody. GLAD HE GOT CUT INTO A SWASTIKA. 

On the other hand to make it look like I’m not just picking on the kids, the one on the horse, Lady Whatsisface is still good. It’s unfair though, because the older departed castmembers are all seasoned as hell and the kids are just so green, proper Harry Potter levels. Unfortunately that’s just where we are with the story. The quality of the cast leaves me wondering what I actually care about at this point, what do I actually want to see in the final episode? Basically just hoping for an unhappy ending. 

I really enjoyed the new opening credits though it was a bit unsettling after being so used to them for so long. 

LOOSE PREDICTIONS: Jaime will so obviously shoot Cersei dead with Chekhov’s crossbow. 

Theon will die defending Winterfell having (sort of) redeemed himself to both the Stark’s and the Greyjoy’s (actually don’t think we’ve seen the last of Yara, pretty sure she’ll kill Euron).

There’ll be some big twist involving the Lord of Light, hope they don’t over explain things though. I quite like how no one in the show claims to fully understand it all, even Melisandre. 

1 hour ago, Christophe said:

LOOSE PREDICTIONS: Jaime will so obviously shoot Cersei dead with Chekhov’s crossbow. 

I'm not sure they'll meet again. One of the failed attempts at forging "Lightbringer" first time around was "plunging it through the heart of a lion", Game of Thrones seems to enjoy repeating history while playing with words.

Dondarrion to die, Jon to get his sword and kill both Jamie and Danaerys with it, which completes the process and then face off with the Night King with it as Lightbringer.

Spoilers ahead dont open if you haven't watched episode 2

wtf was all that sex scenes about, honestly dont get it why would Daneyreyas care that just confused me, thought we'd see more fighting and that. John going to the wall seems pretty cool just shame about him not being a Stark I suppose. Bran can surely confirm who pushed him now but cant believe they all left him.  Wee Joffrey is funny

I really enjoyed the new opening credits though it was a bit unsettling after being so used to them for so long. 

I didn't, at first viewing, as the previous seasons obviously went around all the locations that we're going to show up at some point during that season but this new one is obviously just Winterfell and King's Landing, so that's where all the action is going to be this time!!!

But if you watch it again you will see that the camera is obviously marching across the map from the NightKing's PoV, starting beyond the wall, breaching the wall and marching on to Winterfell and then King's Landing and you can see it's his PoV as the squares on the map turn blue as he marches south!!!

Also there is a theory that this season is going to include some timey-wimey stuff to get shit sorted out as where there used to be the House Sygils on the astrolabe in the opening credits, it is now scenes from previous seasons BUT they are all in reverse chronological order, some people have too much time on there hands but it could be right!!!

8 hours ago, Christophe said:

. The quality of the cast leaves me wondering what I actually care about at this point, what do I actually want to see in the final episode? 

That's up there with the worst thing that's ever been written on PnB.