Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

23 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They dont mention a lot in the show.

The island it's on is meant to have almost no resources, outwith the dragonglass in the hills. Youd assume the dragonglass is why they built it there, but it's never clarified. Everyone will have vacated when Stannis was killed at Winterfell, everyone important went with him, he had no heir apparent to leave in charge, and was the last of that family. Those who remained would know someone would come to claim it, and theyd be killed it theyd remained, so it was abandoned. 

Im sure the Lannisters invade at this stage in the book, but obviously the show decided it wasnt worth adding in.

Its a near impregnable fortress that can be used to block access to Kings Landing by sea. Stannis was given it in part because it was the former seat of the Targayrian heir, "Prince of Dragonstone" was like "Prince of Wales".  Stannis got the hump because Renley got Storms End and with it the ancestral lands of the Baratheons. Dragonstone is subject to the Crown Lands so does not have large holdings of its own. But it should stil have the fishermen and townsfolk who made up the population of the small island. But I guess its much easier to ignore them and not pay for the extras. 

Who do we think wins game of thrones??

We know fire doesn't kill the night king so im rather intrigued on how he is defeated if he actually can be.

Dragon glass dagger used by Arya.

1 hour ago, dorlomin said:

Its a near impregnable fortress that can be used to block access to Kings Landing by sea. Stannis was given it in part because it was the former seat of the Targayrian heir, "Prince of Dragonstone" was like "Prince of Wales".  Stannis got the hump because Renley got Storms End and with it the ancestral lands of the Baratheons. Dragonstone is subject to the Crown Lands so does not have large holdings of its own. But it should stil have the fishermen and townsfolk who made up the population of the small island. But I guess its much easier to ignore them and not pay for the extras. 

They mention in the first episode of the last season that it was abandoned after Stannis went north.

1 hour ago, quickoverayard said:

Who do we think wins game of thrones??

We know fire doesn't kill the night king so im rather intrigued on how he is defeated if he actually can be.

Normal fire, yes.

Melisandre to play the role of Nissa Nissa, with Jon plunging Longclaw into her heart. Winter will fall at Winterfell as well.

The boy Talking Thrones on YouTube is pretty convincing.

3 hours ago, quickoverayard said:
3 hours ago, mizfit said:

Dragon glass dagger used by Arya.

You think it'll be as simple? Hoping Arya does in Cersei tho. I have a feeling Jon will need to take the place of the night king. Whatever the outcome i just hope its worth the wait.

Aye I hope Arya does Cersei but I've a feeling Jaime will kill her. 

I think I’m more interested to see the interactions between characters that haven’t been together since season 1.

How many characters know it was Jaime that pushed Bran out the window in the first episode?

I think I’m more interested to see the interactions between characters that haven’t been together since season 1.

How many characters know it was Jaime that pushed Bran out the window in the first episode?

Only Jamie and Cersei. Think initially it was implied that Brian couldn't remember it happening? Assume that has changed now that he knows fucking everything about who is shagging who

Getting close to the stage where I need to change the activity stream on here from "expanded" to "condensed" just in case. I won't be doing 2am watchings, will probably get to it around 8 at night or so.

Also, Hot Pie for the throne.

19 minutes ago, Spain said:

Getting close to the stage where I need to change the activity stream on here from "expanded" to "condensed" just in case. I won't be doing 2am watchings, will probably get to it around 8 at night or so.

The Iron Chef Throne.

How does one do this?

27 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:
1 hour ago, Spain said:

How does one do this?

On your activity stream, on the right just above the very first post you can see, there's two buttons: expanded or condensed.