Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

The ending will be pretty much how Martin plans/planned to end it.

I've watched this multiple times and read the books in the past year. Mental to think I'd never seen it before then. It's now one of my favourite things ever.

Talking Thrones is a great YouTube channel. His theories, analysis and predictions etc are fantastic.

It's just dawned on me, this is going to be over soon. I'll be devastated when the ending is absolutely shite and there will be no way to redeem it all.
Six episodes, that's all we have left. I'm depressed now.

I’m just hoping it doesn’t degenerate into dragons vs zombies, and the worst actress on the entire show being the champion.

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m just hoping it doesn’t degenerate into dragons vs zombies, and the worst actress on the entire show being the champion.

That's one of the reasons for the name 'A Song of Ice and Fire', tbf.

While the below aren't exactly spoilers, I feel I'd better stick it in tags just in case some folk would rather not know about speculation or 'likely' outcomes.

The most sensible reasoning I've seen is that the Night King will get killed by Jon Snow at Winterfell at the end of episode three. Given this is going to be the biggest battle ever filmed for TV and is being directed by Miguel Sapochnik, who done Hardhome, Battle of the B*****ds, and The Winds of Winter, it seems unlikely that such an episode wouldn't conclude what's going on in the North with only three episodes left. Plus, given Miguel Sapochnik is also directing the penultimate episode, that will then be whatever battle has to be fought to overthrow Cersei in King's Landing.

I'd love the Night King to just kill every c**t and 'win', tbf, but that isn't going to happen.  Although it's possible that he wins the battle at Winterfell and then makes it to King's Landing as well. I think Daenerys' vision of the throne room destroyed and covered in snow will happen one way or the other, and I think she'll die giving birth to her and Jon's child(s).

While they haven't really touched upon the Azor Ahai or Nissa Nissa stuff in the TV series, I think that's been deliberate so far to shock more casual viewers in the final season. Melisandre did bring up the Prince/Princess who was promised in the last season and I think her or Bran will reveal more in the final episodes.

I liked the theory/prediction that Melisandre is the original Nissa Nissa from the first Long Night, hence the old woman appearance she had in season six. Also the talk of her having a fire within her, burning heart banners, saying she has to die in Westeros and Jon saying he'll kill her if she returns to the North.

Another is Beric Dondarrion reviving the Hound in the battle at Winterfell, who then goes on to kill the Mountain in the battle at King's Landing, which in a roundabout way fulfils Beric's original order from Ned in season one, and finally gives us Cleganebowl.

If things like the above all turn out to be major red herrings, at least it will be surprising if anything else.

Also, the LADbible's clickbait shite about Bran being the Night King is dug meat. He isn't. Although I do think it will be revealed that he's a Stark and there's a connection with the crypts beneath Winterfell. I don't think we'll find out everything about him or the White Walkers, though. Some material will be kept for the prequel show.

Hopefully this can get a wee bit of hype sparked in this thread. 8)

Edited by Elixir

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

She bloody better not win. I am planning on finishing my right leg with a tribute to the eventual victor. 

Just go with the crest, or something.  Or a photorealistic plank of wood.

7 hours ago, steelmen said:

Of course Cersei Lannister is going to win... she always does!!!

To ensure it never comes back the White Walkers have to win and crush all in front of them or someone will make another series.

Jaime killing her is one of the more obvious things to happen to be honest.

I am not ruling out Samwell for the win. No idea why, his story has a lot development to come than a lot of other characters I feel. He would be a good ruler.

Wonder if we'll get a proper trailer or a King's Landing teaser during the Super Bore later on.

Part of me would rather there wasn't a trailer, tbh. It's only two months away now.

Edited by Elixir