Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Infinity War was fucking awesome. Yes you can pick holes in comic book movies but that was so well done it's defiantly a 10/10 for me. Need to see it again in 2D. Done 4DX and I have PTSD.

11 minutes ago, young_bairn said:

Infinity War was fucking awesome. Yes you can pick holes in comic book movies but that was so well done it's defiantly a 10/10 for me. Need to see it again in 2D. Done 4DX and I have PTSD.

It was my first 4dx experience. I don't think I'll bother again.

13 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

It was my first 4dx experience. I don't think I'll bother again.

13 hours ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

I was glad I did 4DX as it was something a wee bit different but I certainly wouldn't bother again.

Exactly the same as me.

Spoiler

Best part of the 4DX was when Stark was stabbed. 

7 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Exactly the same as me.

Reveal hidden contents

Best part of the 4DX was when Stark was stabbed. 

I've recently got an unlimited card, so that swayed me a bit.

No way I would have payed full price.

5 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Tempted by an unlimited card. 11 quid for one ticket or 17 for unlimited a month. Will have a look at the calendar and see if I'd make use of it in a year

The summer alone has Deadpool, Ant-Man, Infinity War, Solo and Sicario 2, which is probably as many films as I'd see at the cinema in a year normally.

The summer alone has Deadpool, Ant-Man, Infinity War, Solo and Sicario 2, which is probably as many films as I'd see at the cinema in a year normally.

Ditto. Maximum of 3 films per calendar year at a push since I used to go quite regularly in mid secondary school

6 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Tempted by an unlimited card. 11 quid for one ticket or 17 for unlimited a month. Will have a look at the calendar and see if I'd make use of it in a year

I've had an Unlimited card for a few years now and I worked out recently how many films I had seen overall.   It's well over 100 films I've seen over the past 3 years and it's certainly worthwhile especially now I get 25% off food and drink there too.  If you are close enough to a Cineworld then certainly get one.

I've had an Unlimited card for a few years now and I worked out recently how many films I had seen overall.   It's well over 100 films I've seen over the past 3 years and it's certainly worthwhile especially now I get 25% off food and drink there too.  If you are close enough to a Cineworld then certainly get one.

5 minute drive from the one in silverburn with loads of parking so it's ideal

On 01/05/2018 at 21:55, Moomintroll said:
On 01/05/2018 at 21:34, Mark Connolly said:
Just back from Infinity War, really enjoyed it.
Never felt like 2 and a half hours, although I can see how it might drag for some.

Really surprised to see Red Skull back, and was genuinely surprised by the ending. Also seemed to be the case for the wee boy in front of me, who kept saying to his dad during the credits "But the Avengers lost?"
Teenage Groot was hilarious, as was Starlord's jealousy of Thor.
Dr Strange clearly kens what's happening - one possible good outcome out of 14 million, happily handing over the time stone, etc.
Brolin is absolutely magnificent as Thanos.
Will Hawkeye or Ant-Man or both have survived?
Already looking forward to Part 2, but Ant-Man and the Wasp, and Captain Marvel first!
Also

the Hulk is a big shitebag. As soon as he comes up against a real opponent, he bottles it.

Looks like Captain Marvel will have a pivotal role in Infinity War Pt 2. Sure there will be a teaser in Ant Man and the Wasp as well.

Given the comic source material, and the post credit scene its fairly Captain Marvel will have a big part to play in the next Avengers film, definitely. 

My guess, and it is but a guess, is that the Captain Marvel solo film (due out next March?) as well as being an origin film may feature Captain Marvel defeating Thanos, which is what Thanos was referencing in infinity war when he made reference to having failed before. The film is set in the 90s for the most part so it seems feasible. I wouldn't be surprised if Adam Warlock turned up in that too.

9 hours ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

Hide contents

Given the comic source material, and the post credit scene its fairly Captain Marvel will have a big part to play in the next Avengers film, definitely. 

My guess, and it is but a guess, is that the Captain Marvel solo film (due out next March?) as well as being an origin film may feature Captain Marvel defeating Thanos, which is what Thanos was referencing in infinity war when he made reference to having failed before. The film is set in the 90s for the most part so it seems feasible. I wouldn't be surprised if Adam Warlock turned up in that too.

Unless he can time travel I'd be very surprised if Adam Warlock turned up in a film set in the 90s

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Hide contents

Unless he can time travel I'd be very surprised if Adam Warlock turned up in a film set in the 90s

Reading between the lines on a lot of the press stuff I'm not convinced the entire film will be set in that period. Wouldn't be surprised if the two characters meet either towards the end of the film or in the end credits. 

2 minutes ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

Reading between the lines on a lot of the press stuff I'm not convinced the entire film will be set in that period. Wouldn't be surprised if the two characters meet either towards the end of the film or in the end credits. 

But in the current 'universe' Adam Warlock is still in that birth pod on the Sovereign home planet. Pretty sure we'd have heard of him in Infinity War if he was kicking around the galaxy battering folk or whatnot. 

That's assuming he survived Thanos' finger click. 

Incidentally, there must be a GIF of that time Bono said some shite about a kid dying every time he clicked his finger, but replaced with Thanos? I'd chuckle.

Edited by DA Baracus

But in the current 'universe' Adam Warlock is still in that birth pod on the Sovereign home planet. Pretty sure we'd have heard of him in Infinity War if he was kicking around the galaxy battering folk or whatnot. 
That's assuming he survived Thanos' finger click. 
Incidentally, there must be a GIF of that time Bono said some shite about a kid dying every time he clicked his finger, but replaced with Thanos? I'd chuckle.

But the end of GotG2 was 4 years ago in the film timeline, he might be around by now.