Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

That Amazing Spiderman looks shhhhiiiiiiittttteeeee

The trailer isn't as good as what I think the film will be, while the first person bit in that video was cool I'm hoping to f**k it doesn't appear in the film.

Gwen Stacy > Mary Jane

Emma Stone > Kirsten Dunst

No

Yes

Empire has given over this months cover to Judge Dredd!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50549

The cover that subscribers got is even better as it's just a close up of Dredd's head. A lot of folk in the comments section of the Ain't it Cool article I've linked are bitching that Urban's too small and the costume isn't right, but I reckon that they've absolutely nailed the look of the early Dredd strips from 2000 AD.

I really want a trailer now

Im 59% through downloading the 1994 Spiderman animated series. All 65 episodes of it. It's going to be glorious. :king

And when are they going to make a movie of the Secret Wars by the way, that would be grand.

Edited by McKee

Captain America was pretty good, I'll just take my review from another site, edit it slightly and post it here

His voice before he got super sized sounded ridiculous, big voice on a tiny guy. I didn't think Weaving's accent was quite right either, but maybe I'm just used to heavy German accents.

My reservations over Evans as Cap were quelled though. He was great and yeah Tommy Lee Jones is the fucking man.

Not enough focus on the Commandos. A quick look on IMDb suggests that the black guy in it was "Gabe Jones" and not Fury, why the f**k wasn't Fury in it? That'd have been a nice way to put him at ease when Cap wakes up in the future/present. Which I thought was a bit cheesey, him pretty much just accepting that he's missed 70-odd years of the world and he's woken up in an entirely new world.

As with Thor, I felt an extra 30 minutes wouldn't have been bad. Just to give certain areas extra time. Bucky and the Red Skull's relationship to Cap being two of the most important areas.

I do agree that Bucky will come back, although the indication that he got injected with serum by Hydra was very slight, I only really noticed since I know the backstory. They kind of have to go with a Winter Soldier angle for Cap 2(if there is one)

I'm not sure if it's the best of the summer, Thor and X-Men were pretty good. It's probably worse than Thor but better than X-Men but all three were amazing.

I think I'd prefer the way they were doing the after the credits bits before, more like full scenes to set stuff up rather than a trailer.

What's up with Hulk as well, don't think I saw him in the trailer although he might've been in the quickfire bit where you see Maria Hill as well.

It was good though, go and see it fools!

This isn't spoilery in anyway but I'll put it in tags just incase. Kevin Smith was talking about a possible Batman storyline that Nolan might be doing, given all the publicity that this one has been getting:

Basically, he said that because there's so many of photos of Bane and Catwoman and Batman fighting them outside which is uncharacteristic for Nolan and Warner Brothers, he reckons that Ra's Al Ghul(Liam Neeson) will come back, and Nolan's letting everyone see Bane and Catwoman because they aren't the main villains in the storyline.

Saw Captain America yesterday. It's good. Iron Man's old man is in it, and it's interesting that he finds that Norse artefact after The Red Skull drops it en route to death. Is it the same thing that Iron Man finds in the model city in Iron Man 2?!

Like Forehead I never saw Hulk in the 'The Avengers' trailer either. Looks epic though.

This isn't spoilery in anyway but I'll put it in tags just incase. Kevin Smith was talking about a possible Batman storyline that Nolan might be doing, given all the publicity that this one has been getting:

Basically, he said that because there's so many of photos of Bane and Catwoman and Batman fighting them outside which is uncharacteristic for Nolan and Warner Brothers, he reckons that Ra's Al Ghul(Liam Neeson) will come back, and Nolan's letting everyone see Bane and Catwoman because they aren't the main villains in the storyline.

I think you are close to the money there. IMO, Ra's returns with the LoS and Bane. Bane acting as a sort of 'General' if you will. There are a couple of pics that show him standing on a military Tumbler (like the one Lucius Fox shows Bruce Wayne in BB) and soldiers around him. Perhaps Ra's infiltrates and takes the GCPD and the rest of Gotham under his control with Bane acting as said General. It might explain why we see Gordon in a hospital bed.

By the sounds of things Bane is going to break Batman but just not how we would have initially expected it to pan out.

More potential spoilers:

Is Miranda Tate (Marion Cotillard) Talia al-Ghul? Internet whisperings seem to suggest that she could well be, and that Joseph Gordon-Levitt will be the Black Mask. The twist being that Bane is actually an enemy of the LoS and Batman goes to them for help. The LoS try and take out Bane with Batman, and the Black Mask is an ally of Bane?

There's a lot of shit out there but shifting through it and finding potentially plausible plot-lines can be good fun.

Edited by yoda