Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Obviously lots of issues with tbe science and internal logic in Quantumania, but one bit in particular narked me. When

Spoiler

Cassie goes "big" they're talking like she actually went giant when she's actually just become less small by a factor of 100 but still small enough to fit in a sub quantum universe. 

I thought it was decent, and obviously sets up Kang as the next big villian.

I think the issue with Marvel is that bar the Guardians and Strange / Wong who is left that you are really bothered about? Those 2 are fine / better in stand alone movies, and personally I would love more of the Daredevil / Punisher / Jessica Jones series' but that looks unlikely. Spiderman is stuck in a Marvel / Sony limbo, more Nick Fury would be interesting.

Other than that, Bucky / Falcon, new Black Panther, She Hulk, Ms Marvel, Thor (done to death) Shang Chi etc are all fairly meh.

I would take more Hawkeye and the new blackwidow though

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

I thought it was decent, and obviously sets up Kang as the next big villian.

I think the issue with Marvel is that bar the Guardians and Strange / Wong who is left that you are really bothered about? Those 2 are fine / better in stand alone movies, and personally I would love more of the Daredevil / Punisher / Jessica Jones series' but that looks unlikely. Spiderman is stuck in a Marvel / Sony limbo, more Nick Fury would be interesting.

Other than that, Bucky / Falcon, new Black Panther, She Hulk, Ms Marvel, Thor (done to death) Shang Chi etc are all fairly meh.

I would take more Hawkeye and the new blackwidow though

Daredevil is coming back on Disney Plus

Thought Quantamania was good, if not a bit too long. Somewhere between the masterpiece it was hyped up to be and the massive let down the 'critics' want it to be.

Spoiler

Would have preferred it to end as soon as Scott started to question if Kang was actually dead, would maybe have been a good impact if the last thing he said in the film was "What did we do?" or something along those lines. Not a fan of Scott's thoughts replacing Luis' stories, I demand justice.

While I'm on criticisms I thought MODOK's sudden change of heart was a bit on the random side, 1 punch suddenly changing his mind maybe coming close to the "our mums have the same name" reasoning

On 27/02/2023 at 15:07, LiviLion said:

Thought Quantamania was good, if not a bit too long. Somewhere between the masterpiece it was hyped up to be and the massive let down the 'critics' want it to be.

Hide contents

Would have preferred it to end as soon as Scott started to question if Kang was actually dead, would maybe have been a good impact if the last thing he said in the film was "What did we do?" or something along those lines. Not a fan of Scott's thoughts replacing Luis' stories, I demand justice.

While I'm on criticisms I thought MODOK's sudden change of heart was a bit on the random side, 1 punch suddenly changing his mind maybe coming close to the "our mums have the same name" reasoning

Spoiler

Even worse is that it was ant mans daughter that redeemed modok by telling him "don't be a dick" nah that was a bit pish, pity as modok was good as well until that point

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

The Punisher coming back in the new Daredevil series is about the only good Marvel news since Endgame.

I don’t think it will be good news. Doing Punisher properly won’t work with Disney’s “brand values”. It will either be half arsed or , imo more likely, Frank is going to do some growing and learn that vengeance isn’t the answer. He’ll be wrong of course, the colder and more brutal the vengeance, the better it is.

5 hours ago, coprolite said:

I don’t think it will be good news. Doing Punisher properly won’t work with Disney’s “brand values”. It will either be half arsed or , imo more likely, Frank is going to do some growing and learn that vengeance isn’t the answer. He’ll be wrong of course, the colder and more brutal the vengeance, the better it is.

Unfortunately. 

Frank is too old now so is handing over his mantle to a new female teenage from the 'hood who goes around beating up white guys who have criticised the blm/ lgbtq+ movement.

On 17/04/2023 at 17:05, coprolite said:

Nah disney will keep it the same i think, given its going to be tv based and not film based they can keep it the same quite easily i think

17 minutes ago, honestly united said:

I think Disney+ now have the Netflix series of Daredevil, Punisher, Jessica Jones (I watched on Netflix but sure I saw them on Disney+ but could be wrong) so would seem odd to change what worked so well

They do, and their "star" section has various shows less family oriented so hopefully they dont change the tone of any of the netflix shows they bring back

• 2 weeks later...