Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

6 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Spider-Man films ain’t on D+

They’re on Netflix though 

I went to an afternoon screening today, must have had about 10 people on it max 

I think they go to Amazon first before they end up on Netflix. I remember the Spider-Man films & Venom took a while to appear.

Sony appear to be selling off their streaming rights piecemeal to the highest bidder in different markets. There was a news story a while back that they'd done a deal with Disney+ as MCU fans were happy to see the MCU all in one place. Only for it to be US only.

In the UK, Sony did a deal with Netflix instead.

45 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think they go to Amazon first before they end up on Netflix. I remember the Spider-Man films & Venom took a while to appear.

Sony appear to be selling off their streaming rights piecemeal to the highest bidder in different markets. There was a news story a while back that they'd done a deal with Disney+ as MCU fans were happy to see the MCU all in one place. Only for it to be US only.

In the UK, Sony did a deal with Netflix instead.

I'm sure they announced recently that the first 6 months streaming for the Sony Spiderverse films in the UK is to be Netflix from 2022, then they will all move to Disney+ for subsequent streaming

Spoiler

Watching the 3 Peter Parkers talking and swapping stories was all I wanted and enough to give the movie 8.5 out of 10 alone even if the rest of the movie was the characters doing absolute f**k all.

nOw DaE iT fOr ThE bAtMaNs. ThErE aRe InFiNiTe EaRtHs

Garfield got the closure he deserved and even fixed Maguire's back.😂

Edited by the jambo-rocker

2 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:
  Hide contents

Watching the 3 Peter Parkers talking and swapping stories was all I wanted and enough to give the movie 8.5 out of 10 alone even if the rest of the movie was the characters doing absolute f**k all.

Agree

Spoiler

The 3 Peters stuff was right on the edge of cheesy without going too far. I thought Tobey Maguire was magnificent, he just seemed totally at ease with the whole thing, and although you knew Garfield was saving MJ, it was still cool as f**k, edge of the seat stuff when it happened.

Ned shitting himself when Tobey-Peter told him about Harry was hilarious as well.

3 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:
  Hide contents

Kinda getting there

They are bringing back Keaton and Affleck for The Flash movie. Doubt they'll share a scene though

:(

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Agree

Hide contents

The 3 Peters stuff was right on the edge of cheesy without going too far. I thought Tobey Maguire was magnificent, he just seemed totally at ease with the whole thing, and although you knew Garfield was saving MJ, it was still cool as f**k, edge of the seat stuff when it happened.

Ned shitting himself when Tobey-Peter told him about Harry was hilarious as well.

Spoiler

The bit where they ask tobey-peter if the web can come out of anywhere else 🤣🤣

No Way Home is a triumph.

Thought Garfield & Maguire were just the right side of cheesy to make it heartwarming and funny. Genuinely such a good laugh seeing them all chat shit with each other. To fix the past 15 years of botched Spider-Men series in a couple of hours of cinema is not easy but they done it.

Also a big fan of them giving us a new Venom without it needing to be Tom Hardy's version in the MCU. 

And on the subject of post-credit scenes Doctor Strange looks CLASS.

7 hours ago, well fan for life said:

No Way Home is a triumph.

Hide contents

Thought Garfield & Maguire were just the right side of cheesy to make it heartwarming and funny. Genuinely such a good laugh seeing them all chat shit with each other. To fix the past 15 years of botched Spider-Men series in a couple of hours of cinema is not easy but they done it.

Also a big fan of them giving us a new Venom without it needing to be Tom Hardy's version in the MCU. 

And on the subject of post-credit scenes Doctor Strange looks CLASS.

Spoiler

Did you watch the "what if" series recently, im wondering if the other dr strange we seen that looked decidedly a bit evil was the one from there

With venom, hopefully the tom hardy venom is used again with garfield spiderman in a film, but like you say the small bit of symbiote that survived stays in holland universe

Would defo love to see them all in more films but get the feeling that tobey is done, his arc was kinda done, garfields one certainly wasnt, he deserves another (i wanna see how the fight with rhino finished from the end of TASM2 lol) 

5 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

More Yelena please.

Also Hawkeye was good.

Agreed, enjoyed it quite a bit tbh, can see kate getting more places in future mcu projects (young avengers perhaps) and surely theres no way they did what they are trying to make out they did at the end, given he's such a good character, 

Spoiler

I think daredevil will jump in and have saved fisk right at the end, maybe have a tie in with the hawkeye series finale in a new daredevil series 

On 23/12/2021 at 06:01, 54_and_counting said:

Agreed, enjoyed it quite a bit tbh, can see kate getting more places in future mcu projects (young avengers perhaps) and surely theres no way they did what they are trying to make out they did at the end, given he's such a good character, 

Reveal hidden contents

I think daredevil will jump in and have saved fisk right at the end, maybe have a tie in with the hawkeye series finale in a new daredevil series 

On 23/12/2021 at 06:01, 54_and_counting said:

Reveal hidden contents

Forgotten how to do spoilers so I’ve hidden it in yours but it’s apparently lifted straight from the comics and the person in question isn’t dead but temporarily blinded.

Edited by munro7

Just now, munro7 said:

Yup seen that, really hoping it leads into a season 4 or is a mid part of season 4 of a show that could tie them all together 

And with the netflix shows seemingly becoming canon now, hopefully we get more of the defenders on their own and together, plus badly need more punisher