Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Was watching Agents of Shield with my kids last night. In the episode, the android Aida was fighting with May. I said "Ah, another human - android fight. Been in a few of them in my time."

My 11 year old daughter looked at me and said, "No, you weren't."

I insisted I had fought with androids before she was born. 

"Then how come you are still here and not dead?" she asked.

"Easy. I won my fights against them."

She thought about it for a long time, and I'm still watching the show. Then she said "No. They knocked you unconscious and decided to spare you."

Cheers kid. Quite the vote of confidence in the old man. 😄

'Doctor Strange 2' has been delayed to 5/6/22 

'Black Panther: Wakanda Forever' moves to November 11, 2022 

'Thor: Love and Thunder' has been moved two months to July 8, 2022 

'Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania' heads to July 28, 2023 release date 

'The Marvels' will now drop on February 17, 2023 

I also enjoyed Carnage, although I would love anything with those two characters front and centre. Main gripes were that it seemed rushed (final battle seemed to come immediately) and Carnage's voice wasn't high pitched enough. That's based on how he spoke in the PS1 game.

I love that everyone's noticed that even the grown up children who enjoy these movies (I will be going to see spiderman do not @  me) have had a lukewarm reaction to this eternals shite so it's acting as a sacrificial lamb for the MCU as a whole. Most of the criticisms I've seen are things you could accuse the series in general of being guilty of, but it can finally he discussed without obese mouth breathers threatening to car bomb you.

This wee clip had me howling 

22 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Trailer for morbius dropped today, looks like a new age blade (i know thats getting rebooted as well), also even though its sony making it in the venom universe, there's multiple references to marvel universe stuff, 

Saw it before the new Venom film at the cinema. It looks decent, or at least I'm far more interested in that than seeing Eternals

I’ve just seen Eternals. I will be very interested to know what the rest of P&B thought as it seems to be dividing opinion on Twitter.

Spoiler

I thought it was absolute fucking horseshit that felt every second of the 7000 years they tried to fit in to however long it actually lasted

Edited by Mark Connolly

I’ve just seen Eternals. I will be very interested to know what the rest of P&B thought as it seems to be dividing opinion on Twitter.
Spoiler

I thought it was absolute fucking horseshit that felt every second of the 7000 years they tried to fit in to however long it actually lasted

Split between "It's shit" and "It's absolutely shit"?

Watched Black Widow last night for the first time. It's ok I suppose. The accents are absolutely horrendous and it comes across as a money-printing afterthought because the whole thing should be after Civil War to get everyone back together. Ray Winstone in particular sounds like he's attempting a South African accent at times. 

All things considered I'm glad I did not pay for it as a premium option on Disney+. 

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

Watched Black Widow last night for the first time. It's ok I suppose. The accents are absolutely horrendous and it comes across as a money-printing afterthought because the whole thing should be after Civil War to get everyone back together. Ray Winstone in particular sounds like he's attempting a South African accent at times. 

All things considered I'm glad I did not pay for it as a premium option on Disney+. 

I wonder just how much black widow is more of an introduction film for her sister to the mcu rather than natashas stand alone film, by all accounts yelena is going to be in hawkeye tv show and further projects, 

33 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

I wonder just how much black widow is more of an introduction film for her sister to the mcu rather than natashas stand alone film, by all accounts yelena is going to be in hawkeye tv show and further projects, 

Aye I clocked last night that Florence Pugh is already credited as being in the series. And the post credits scene as well. I don't mind that tbf. Although I would be absolutely sound if she just ditched the accent like the way Elizabeth Olsen did. 

I'd have absolutely respected it if they'd gone down the Chernobyl route and just had folk speak in their own accents.