Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Am I alone in thinking Batman is absolute shit? The only time I’ve ever enjoyed any Batman content is when Michael Keaton played him. Other than that I find him so incredibly dull. The Nolan films were among the most boring I’ve ever seen, the first one especially.

27 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

We've not had Steve Rodgers confirmed as dead yet have we? Still scope for him to appear as an old b*****d.

Chris Evans is very lukewarm on it and I suspect the TVA might have something to say.

Edited by Thorongil

16 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
On 28/07/2021 at 20:18, Robin.Hood said:
Just watched Shazam. Meh
Now watching Watchmen, 3 n half hours long. 
Slowly but surely getting through the dc films 

Are you a glutton for punishment?

Off meh tits.

Green lantern next 

The suicide squad was teckle 

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

Am I alone in thinking Batman is absolute shit? The only time I’ve ever enjoyed any Batman content is when Michael Keaton played him. Other than that I find him so incredibly dull. The Nolan films were among the most boring I’ve ever seen, the first one especially.

Batman begins is in actual fact the best out of all of the Batmans, so you’re very wrong I’m afraid. I did like Michael Keaton though. 

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

The keaton ones were fantastic, then it went a bit tits up although carrey and jones performace as riddler and two face were quite good

The nolan ones were good however the last one kinda dragged on a bit at times, 

Since then WB and DC have tried to do a marvel but keep making a mess of it

I loved the campy 60s series and the 90s films. I even like the almost universally reviled "Batman and Robin". I was a child when I saw it and haven't seen it since, in my defence.

Enjoyed the Nolan films though find "Batman Begins", which everyone else seems to like best, to be the least engaging of the three.

Thought "Batman vs Superman" was shite and "Justice League" was so bad it had me pining for "Batman vs Superman".

"Joker" was excellent, if that counts as a Batman film.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

9 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

DC would be far better off just doing stand alone movies based on the best of their comics, rather than trying to copy Marvel's shared Universe.

The new Long Hallowe'en animated movie is 

Edited by coprolite
Totally fucked up my post. Essentially, more money from linked series.

I reckon they could have carried on after Joker and made some more baddy origin story films. Or focused on the minor characters. Some of the best Marvel films have been stuff like Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man, who I had never heard of until the films came out.

DC just seemed to think we've got Batman and Superman we don't have to make an effort.

2 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I reckon they could have carried on after Joker and made some more baddy origin story films. Or focused on the minor characters. Some of the best Marvel films have been stuff like Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man, who I had never heard of until the films came out.

DC just seemed to think we've got Batman and Superman we don't have to make an effort.

Suicide Squad was meant to be their Guardians, but they royally fucked it.

“Actually, I was fighting this caped badass, until I found out that his mom is also named Martha,” says Deadpool . . .

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Ant Man and the Wasp is sublime. Michael Douglas and Evangeline Lilly are brilliant in it.

4 hours ago, coprolite said:

Batman begins is in actual fact the best out of all of the Batmans, so you’re very wrong I’m afraid. I did like Michael Keaton though. 

It’s so boring and so badly miscast. Liam Neeson was so bad in it as well as Joey from Dawson’s Creek. Unbearable. 

On 17/07/2021 at 13:05, Thorongil said:

Mark is a bit of a fanny unfortunately and I find a lot of his work and adaptations of his work to be a bit shallow. Jupiter’s Legacy seems to be a Netflix turkey and his ego won’t like that one bit, but even the comic felt a bit lacking and derivative.

He's a total fud. It's a shame, as I've liked some of his comics over the years.

https://twitter.com/mrmarkmillar/status/1390062045664620544?s=20

Edited by milton75

2 minutes ago, milton75 said:

He's a total fud. It's a shame, as I've liked some of his comics over the years.

https://twitter.com/mrmarkmillar/status/1390062045664620544?s=20

I used to post with him on a Celtic forum for years. He was initially a lefty, a maverick and an independence supporter. All it took was a bit of money and fame to turn him into a complete walloper. 

Well that’s the first “What If…?” watched and I enjoyed it well enough, but I certainly wasn’t blown away by it, I get the impression that if it’s just a lot of stand-alone stories it could all get a bit meh!!!