Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

I think I'll wait a week or two after it's out.

Can't stand it when the cinema is packed as folk are such dicks, what with being on their phone (brightness set to maximum) throughout and talking throughout.

I think I'll wait a week or two after it's out.
Can't stand it when the cinema is packed as folk are such dicks, what with being on their phone (brightness set to maximum) throughout and talking throughout.
Kinda tempted to go for the double header

• 2 weeks later...

So whats everyones theories about endgame? 

captain marvel shows up, avengers minus stark but with marvel go fight thanos, they lose and die, 

Stark makes it back to earth just and no more, because pepper pits on an iron man suit, becomes the character "rescue" and saves him funnily enough

Stark chases the avengers to the fight but gets there too late, his vision that scarlett witch gave him in AoU comes true, he fights thanos to a stalemate

Back on earth he uses the pym tech to discover the quantum realm and goes back in time to bring the avengers back to his time to get the gauntlet and repair the snap

They battle thanos and get the glove somehow and with is being made of the same metal that stormbreaker and mjolnir thor will go to use it but either be taken out of commission etc, so cap uses it (he has links to it when he nearly lifted mjolnir in AoU), this will take its toll on cap and he'll go into a coma to be put in stasis for years in wakanda or sinply die (ends evans run in the mcu) , bucky picks up the cap mantle, stark retires totally, everything is sorted kinda

If they decided to sneak tease phase 4 big bad i can see it either being dr doom (might be a struggle given they only got the rights weeks ago) or id love to see kang the conqueror

Edited by 54_and_counting

• 2 weeks later...
Tickets for the double bill booked. Can’t wait.
Was sold out when I went for it apart from seats right at the front so I'll catch it on Thursday night.

Recently caught Infinity War on sky movies so just the single showing for me. Dunno if I could handle that much cinema tbh. Endgame is 3 hours long!

So I've seen Endgame, thought it was great. 

Two seperate sequences involving the same Avenger got a round of applause in my screening. It's particularly remarkable as the 1st sequence references a recent(ish)  controversial storyline from the comics. Yet it's use here was fantastic. The audience lapped it up to such a degree that I can only assume even those not following the comics will appreciate the moment.

The state of play in the MCU going forward from here leaves me pretty excited tbh.

Saw it in the early hours of this morning. I can't really put my finger on it but i just didn't enjoy it as much as i thought as i was going to. The humour was off in most places for me and where Infinity War remarkably seemed to hold the the huge cast and various story lines together in a coherent manner, I felt like Endgame didn't accomplish this so well and it felt a bit cluttered at times.. Maybe it was the time of night but the emotional bit's didn't get me emotional and i left feeling a bit flat.  

It was however an incredible journey of film making for over 10 years, so hats off. I'll go back and watch Endgame in a few weeks at a less ridiculous hour and perhaps my opinion might change.

Ps. Anyone who gives a round of applause at the cinema is for the watching. 

Edited by Londonwell

10 hours ago, captainkev said:

So I've seen Endgame, thought it was great. 

Two seperate sequences involving the same Avenger got a round of applause in my screening. It's particularly remarkable as the 1st sequence references a recent(ish)  controversial storyline from the comics. Yet it's use here was fantastic. The audience lapped it up to such a degree that I can only assume even those not following the comics will appreciate the moment.

The state of play in the MCU going forward from here leaves me pretty excited tbh.

I thought the sequence you mentioned (if I've got the right one) was building up to an entirely different reference, and then that! Brilliant.

Loved the film, just the right way to do it.

I have some other thoughts, but I'll leave them until more people have seen it.

58 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I thought the sequence you mentioned (if I've got the right one) was building up to an entirely different reference, and then that! Brilliant.

Loved the film, just the right way to do it.

I have some other thoughts, but I'll leave them until more people have seen it.

Legit spoilers of a couple of cool moments inside this tag for anyone yet to see the film.

The first sequence to get a clap was the elevator scene with Captain America that's obviously at first a reference to the Winter Soldier film. The "Hail Hydra" line absolutely killed it in our screening.

The other moment that got a round of the applause was Cap wielding Mjolnir against Thanos. I didn't join in with the clapping on either occasion, but I thought both sequences were pretty awesome, easily among my favourite parts of the movie.

The scene with Thor and his mum was just wonderful as well. Such a lovely scene that I never expected or realised I wanted to see, given how much the Thor films just kind of gloss over Frigga to focus on Thor, Loki and Odin.

42 minutes ago, RussellV1 said:

So I’m that guy that’s seen it twice already, lots of thoughts on it but all I’ll say at this stage is it’s almost the perfect movie

How have you managed to see it twice already? Did you wake back up in the morning and go straight back to the cinema? :lol: 

1 hour ago, Londonwell said:

How have you managed to see it twice already? Did you wake back up in the morning and go straight back to the cinema? :lol: 

Someone in the Odeon at Springfield Quay in Glasgow got out the midnight showing and straight into the 03:45 showing, crazy mentalist... Mind you there was prob a few of them as the rest of us went home for sleep

Can't go with perfect because the movie felt like the three hours it was on for. However, that's the only gripe I have. Okay, spoilery stuff.

When it came up saying "Five Years Later" on the screen, it felt like it took five years just to get that fucking thing off the screen.

When all of the armies were turning up I was losing my mind. I was actually shaking.

Stopped myself shouting out when Cap got Stormbreaker.

Loved the lift scene. I was actually hoping for him to give the "Before we get started..." line but what we got was brilliant, as was his smug face getting out of the elevator.

Captain America being front and centre of so much of the movie was a delight, as he's easily been my favourite character of the MCU and it's sad to see he'll be done.

"That IS America's ass."

Thor as a Guardian. I am absolutely delighted with that.

Loved everything surrounding the Space Stone steal attempt in New York. Especially Loki just fucking off with it in the end.

The discussion between Howard and Tony was good. Like so much of this, they got the tone spot on where sometimes in the MCU, the tone doesn't quite land where it should. Another example is with Rocket's digs, which were either very well done, or deliberately didn't land at all.

I thought that the three hour runtime would be necessary, but I honestly feel that it wasn't in hindsight.