Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Cool. Not too sure about the shortening of the name tho. Possibly to distance it from the Stallone abomination?

More just to differentiate it. The new Spider-man film is going to be called "The Amazing Spider-man" IIRC, guess if it's not a remake but a re-imagining then they feel a new title would benefit it more.

Am I the only one who didn't mind the Stallone version? I thought it was fun.

Am I the only one who didn't mind the Stallone version? I thought it was fun.

I actually watched a bit of it on the telly the other night. The set design and the look were actually spot on, but the Dredd character was just wrong and the less said about the comedy sidekick the better.

And Dredd never, ever, removes his helmet (at least we never see him do it)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Filming for 'The Dark Night Rises' took place in the Highlands a week or so ago apparently. I'm very excited for it.

Not sure if this is a fan poster, or a real poster but it looks cool:

the_dark_knight_rises_bane_by_ryanluckoo-d389tjh.jpg

All the superhero movies this year have been decent. Thor was good, Green Lantern was good and X-Men was ace (although Beast was a bit cheesy as was the guy who can fly by screaming).

Captain America looks ace.

Avengers film will be tremendous surely.

All the superhero movies this year have been decent. Thor was good, Green Lantern was good and X-Men was ace (although Beast was a bit cheesy as was the guy who can fly by screaming).

Captain America looks ace.

Avengers film will be tremendous surely.

Really? I thought Thor was brilliant, X-Men was good and Green Lantern was shite.

Cap does look good.

Hopefully, I can totally see it bombing since the salaries on it mean it needs to do really well.

Lena Headey is in it, it can be a big bucket of shite but I and millions of others will be going along too watch it for this fact alone, I and quite a few others who post on this Forum!!! (Mainly in the Game Of thrones thread)!!!:ph34r:

lena-headey2.jpg

Anyone read any of the recent "Ultimates" comics/novels? I suspect that Vol 2 would make for an awesome Avengers film. The start of vol 1 also has a decent plot device for transporting Captain America from 1945 to present day that would probably make an awesome pre credit sequence...

Anyone read any of the recent "Ultimates" comics/novels? I suspect that Vol 2 would make for an awesome Avengers film. The start of vol 1 also has a decent plot device for transporting Captain America from 1945 to present day that would probably make an awesome pre credit sequence...

You better mean Mark Millar's one and not Jeph Loeb. I have both volumes of Ultimates 1 & 2.

Dark Knight Rises trailer's been released:

The Dark Knight Rises - Teaser Trailer

Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ “The Dark Knight Rises” is the epic conclusion to filmmaker Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy, Leading an all-star international cast, Oscar® winner Christian Bale (“The Fighter”) again plays the dual role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. The film also stars Anne Hathaway, as Selina Kyle; Tom Hardy, as Bane; Oscar® winner Marion Cotillard (“La Vie en Rose”), as Miranda Tate; and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, as John Blake. Returning to the main cast, Oscar® winner Michael Caine (“The Cider House Rules”) plays Alfred; Gary Oldman is Commissioner Gordon; and Oscar® winner Morgan Freeman (“Million Dollar Baby”) reprises the role of Lucius Fox. The screenplay is written by Christopher Nolan and Jonathan Nolan, story by Christopher Nolan & David S. Goyer. The film is produced by Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Charles Roven, who previously teamed on “Batman Begins” and the record-breaking blockbuster “The Dark Knight.” The executive producers are Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Kevin De La Noy and Thomas Tull, with Jordan Goldberg serving as co-producer. The film is based upon characters appearing in comic books published by DC Comics. Batman was created by Bob Kane.

Posted by The Dark Knight Rises on Monday, 18 July 2011

also, a cool photo I took off twiter:

post-25889-0-51261500-1311012000_thumb.j

edit: twitpic doens't like the board.

Edited by forehead7

Volume 1 would make a great film, Volume 3 should be used to wipe your arse.

Volume 1 would make a great film, Volume 3 should be used to wipe your arse.

After a quick wiki check, yeah you're right. Volumes 1 and 2 were Millar and Hitch. Volume 3 was Jeph Loeb, fucking dick that he is.

In his short spell(Ultimates 3 & Ultimatum) he managed to f**k up that universe. It was so good between Bendis' Spider-man and Millar's X-Men, FF and Ultimates work.