Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

To be fair, they gave Fox an extension on Fantastic Four in exchange for getting Daredevil back.

Really? I would have thought Marvel would be keener to have the Fantastic Four back and available to use rather than Daredevil. Perhaps Marvel studios felt that with the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy coming up they didn't need another set of superhero team films for a while.

If Fox reboot the Fantastic Four and actually get it right this time, then it could be a long time before Marvel will be able to get their hands on those characters again.

Really? I would have thought Marvel would be keener to have the Fantastic Four back and available to use rather than Daredevil. Perhaps Marvel studios felt that with the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy coming up they didn't need another set of superhero team films for a while.

If Fox reboot the Fantastic Four and actually get it right this time, then it could be a long time before Marvel will be able to get their hands on those characters again.

I think it was probably more a case of if they didn't give them an extension in exchange for Daredevil they'd remake both just to keep the rights but they'd have to rush them in order to do it.

Josh Trank was hired to do it, last I heard, (he did Chronicle) and he was rumoured to be casting Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm which would no doubt having idiotic comic book fans up in arms (he's black, if no one knows who he is).

I think it was probably more a case of if they didn't give them an extension in exchange for Daredevil they'd remake both just to keep the rights but they'd have to rush them in order to do it.

Josh Trank was hired to do it, last I heard, (he did Chronicle) and he was rumoured to be casting Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm which would no doubt having idiotic comic book fans up in arms (he's black, if no one knows who he is).

That sounds reasonable enough. Especially considering that Daredevil is already generally regarded as a big flop. If a rushed Daredevil reboot was made and it tanked, then Daredevil's reputation be seriously soured with general movie audiences and it'd be much harder product to sell to future audiences.

I'd like to think that kind of fan would have learnt from seeing how good Idris Elba was in Thor after the uproar about his casting and accept him and see what he does in the part. But that would require maturity and reason from them so it'll probably get the same reaction. If anything it'll probably be worse than the uproar surrounding Idris Elba's casting as they'll be hiring a black actor to play a main character who has always previously been depicted as white rather than a secondary character. That being said, I wouldn't cast Jordan as the human torch. He's a bit too old and was absolute arse in Space Jam. :P

I wouldn't mind seeing the director of Chronicle getting a big gig like this. I'm not a big fan of found film/video diary genre but I was really impressed with Chronicle.

I'd like to think that kind of fan would have learnt from seeing how good Idris Elba was in Thor after the uproar about his casting and accept him and see what he does in the part. But that would require maturity and reason from them so it'll probably get the same reaction. If anything it'll probably be worse than the uproar surrounding Idris Elba's casting as they'll be hiring a black actor to play a main character who has always previously been depicted as white rather than a secondary character. That being said, I wouldn't cast Jordan as the human torch. He's a bit too old and was absolute arse in Space Jam. :P

To be fair, at least it makes logical sense that Johnny Storm could be black (though they'd need to say he's adopted or make Susan black too, and their parents if they make the film early enough), Heimdall being black is illogical. (the same with Hogun being Japanese) It's nothing to do with the actors and it's not even to do with them changing things from the comics, it's do to with the fact that Asgard is a closed community and you see no other characters who aren't white. They're all pure-Asgardian so how does Heimdall get bred into that community? That's my problem with them casting Elba as Heimdall.

Jordan as Johnny and Jamie Foxx as Electro are totally fine because they're just regular New Yorkers so it's perfectly feasible that they could be black.

Also just catching up a podcast from two weeks ago and they just mentioned that apparently Sam Jackson gave away that Elizabeth Olsen is playing Scarlet Witch in Avengers.

I don't know if they will do the Quicksilver/Magneto relationship in DOFP they have already put a spanner in the works with Havok and Cyclops tho no doubt change it so that its his dad or some crap. Id rather in the other films there is a bit less focus on Wolverine its getting to the point where its almost "Wolverine.... and the Xmen" id rather we get more of other characters. Id love to have a decent version of Gambit and Rogue with all her powers from the comics/show to make her more interesting

With regards to the Avengers id love to see Spiderman in there, purely because im a Spiderman fanboy but you'd hope for massive projects like that allowances can be made for "loaning" characters for the greater good so to speak

edit to add, bring back Nightcrawler!

Edited by P.C

I don't know if they will do the Quicksilver/Magneto relationship in DOFP they have already put a spanner in the works with Havok and Cyclops tho no doubt change it so that its his dad or some crap. Id rather in the other films there is a bit less focus on Wolverine its getting to the point where its almost "Wolverine.... and the Xmen" id rather we get more of other characters. Id love to have a decent version of Gambit and Rogue with all her powers from the comics/show to make her more interesting

With regards to the Avengers id love to see Spiderman in there, purely because im a Spiderman fanboy but you'd hope for massive projects like that allowances can be made for "loaning" characters for the greater good so to speak

edit to add, bring back Nightcrawler!

How so? The films aren't restrained by what happens in the comic books. They are free to create their own intricacies.

I don't know if they will do the Quicksilver/Magneto relationship in DOFP they have already put a spanner in the works with Havok and Cyclops tho no doubt change it so that its his dad or some crap.

Surely Cyclops can't be in this one? I mean, he died at the end of 2...And it's not like it's even possible for his consciousness to move like Xavier's did (presumably).

Surely Cyclops can't be in this one? I mean, he died at the end of 2...And it's not like it's even possible for his consciousness to move like Xavier's did (presumably).

He died at the start of The Last Stand. Off-screen. I'm prettysure James Marsden who played Cyclops confirmed that he won't be in it. But if they had wanted to bring him back they could just have said that the alternate timeline meant he was never killed at that point surely?

He died at the start of The Last Stand. Off-screen. I'm prettysure James Marsden who played Cyclops confirmed that he won't be in it. But if they had wanted to bring him back they could just have said that the alternate timeline meant he was never killed at that point surely?

Ah, couldn't remember if it was end of 2 or start of 3.

Eugh, they better not. Leave that travesty of a depiction in the grave, where it belongs.

If they can bring back xavier from being disintegrated and turned into dust, they can bring back Cyclops, technically his body is never found.

Xavier is a high-level psychic though and his consciousness was transferred into the body of the person at Moira McTaggert's island that was referrenced in one of the classes (maybe during The Last Stand?). That makes enough sense.

Xavier is a high-level psychic though and his consciousness was transferred into the body of the person at Moira McTaggert's island that was referrenced in one of the classes (maybe during The Last Stand?). That makes enough sense.

True, but why does he look like himself rather than the person he currently resides within? It's assumed Scott is dead as he isn't found but his glasses are, it's far from being concrete, if they can bring Xavier, and Bucky(cpt America, fell to his death, in the sequel) back, then bringing back Scott would be easier to explain.

True, but why does he look like himself rather than the person he currently resides within? It's assumed Scott is dead as he isn't found but his glasses are, it's far from being concrete, if they can bring Xavier, and Bucky(cpt America, fell to his death, in the sequel) back, then bringing back Scott would be easier to explain.

maybe it's like the way they do it in Quantum leap....