Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Just read an article stating that an "inside source" has said that Orlando Bloom is meant to be their number 1 choice for the part of Batman in the next Superman film. I think there should be a boycott if its true

Only positive thing in the article was that Mark Strong wants to be Lex Luthor

Just read an article stating that an "inside source" has said that Orlando Bloom is meant to be their number 1 choice for the part of Batman in the next Superman film. I think there should be a boycott if its true

Fuckin' right! That would be a terrible bit of casting.

Fuckin' right! That would be a terrible bit of casting.

Brock Lesnar is in with a shout I hear

I would of thought JGL would of even been a better choice given how Rises ends, tho id figure that more as a nightwing kinda thing

Well didn't robin take the mantle of Batman when Bruce was believed dead in the comics? JGL using batmans style and equipment until he discovers his own style would kinda make sense, considering how DKR ends.

I think its all to bring it all into the Superman universe so that they can start planning JLA, tho this could end up being as bad as Alien v Predator if they arent careful

I think its all to bring it all into the Superman universe so that they can start planning JLA, tho this could end up being as bad as Alien v Predator if they arent careful

Exactly, the Avengers was years in development, and slowly came together over several films. If they rush this, it will be a disaster.

Exactly, the Avengers was years in development, and slowly came together over several films. If they rush this, it will be a disaster.

Yup, they only have Batman, Superman and Green Lantern done so far I can't imagine that will be enough of a platform to start unless they plan on Green arrow as well....

There's also been no hint of the JLA in any of the films so far, whereas Marvel got that out of the way straight off the bat in Iron Man.

Plus the fact Marvel have managed to introduce alot more characters so opens the door for alot of change in the 2nd and 3rd films as to who is involved. Still love to see Spiderman in the Avengers films but until Sony make some kind of deal or hand the reigns to Marvel it wont happen

Yup, they only have Batman, Superman and Green Lantern done so far I can't imagine that will be enough of a platform to start unless they plan on Green arrow as well....

There's not really anything to say they will even use Green Lantern, I thought the film was decent, but as I understand it, it was a flop.

Bale not returning as Batman hurts the potential of the JLA film considerably. He's been the most consistent actor in any DC comic adaptions, which to be honest have been fairly sporadic. Sure Reeves got in one more superman film, but only his first 2 are noteworthy. Bale got in 3 solid, critically acclaimed films.

I like the new superman, but he hasn't established himself enough to support a new Batman coming into the mix. The Avengers had consistent, solid films, only the hulk had any kinda inconsistency, but most agree that hulk was the best thing in the movie.

DC need all the cast to have had at least 1 ideally 2 solid films before they consider a group outing. Basically they need to copy the marvel films formula if they wanna succeed in my opinion.

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

There's not really anything to say they will even use Green Lantern, I thought the film was decent, but as I understand it, it was a flop.

Bale not returning as Batman hurts the potential of the JLA film considerably. He's been the most consistent actor in any DC comic adaptions, which to be honest have been fairly sporadic. Sure Reeves got in one more superman film, but only his first 2 are noteworthy. Bale got in 3 solid, critically acclaimed films.

I like the new superman, but he hasn't established himself enough to support a new Batman coming into the mix. The Avengers had consistent, solid films, only the hulk had any kinda inconsistency, but most agree that hulk was the best thing in the movie.

DC need all the cast to have had at least 1 ideally 2 solid films before they consider a group outing. Basically they need to copy the marvel films formula if they wanna succeed in my opinion.

To call Green Lantern a flop is being generous. It got savaged by the vast majority of critics and even if it hadn't gone massively over-budget it would still have underperformed commercially. If they are going to have Green Lantern in the JLA mix I imagine they'll probably end up recasting Hal Jordan, as Ryan Reynolds will likely be less keen to reprise the role now.

I agree that Bale has been a consistently good Batman but if Warner Brothers want to keep using Batman for the forseeable future then they need to move on from Bale and the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy. Those three films are not compatible with what WB want to do with the JLA due to the work Nolan put in to giving them a sense of realism. Bale clearly doesn't particularly want to do the part anymore and would really only be doing it if Warner Bros throw to large a fee for to him refuse. Tbh, the sensible choice would probably give Batman a rest at least for a few years to prevent films with him from getting stale. But WB are committed to competing with Marvel and having a JLA movie so he'll have to be there again.

Rebooting Batman is a far better option than just having Bale continue his version, not least because you have the option of bringing in a new Joker rather than having to avoid being able to use the character again orbeing faced with the uncomfortable prospect of casting someone else to essentially play Heath Ledger's interpretation of the Joker.

I can't see this JLA film being anything other than a rushed, confused mess. As you say, we need to have the main characters established as Marvel did with their own individual films, rather than just being thrown together at the last minute. However, given that they want the JLA film released in 2015 to go up against Avengers, they are really running out of time to get things sorted.

• 2 weeks later...

He has the jaw for it, but then, so did Clooney.

When i first heard Affleck was invovled I thought he was replacing Snyder, which would ahve been superb.

What did people make of Affleck's Daredevil? I thought it was a missed opportunity, could've been great,ended up meh....

He has the jaw for it, but then, so did Clooney.

When i first heard Affleck was invovled I thought he was replacing Snyder, which would ahve been superb.

What did people make of Affleck's Daredevil? I thought it was a missed opportunity, could've been great,ended up meh....

Pretty much that. I thought the cast was actually pretty spot on in terms of the villains with Colin Farrell as Bullseye and Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin. Jennifer Garner however was horrendous for me as was the writing and screenplay. Even a half decent attempt at it's plot and the film could have been sooo much better.

Pretty much that. I thought the cast was actually pretty spot on in terms of the villains with Colin Farrell as Bullseye and Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin. Jennifer Garner however was horrendous for me as was the writing and screenplay. Even a half decent attempt at it's plot and the film could have been sooo much better.

The script was the problem yeah, I think forehead will appreciate this but the film at times felt like "we're only going to get one shot at a Daredevil movie, lets squeeze in as many references as possible"