Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Really enjoyed Guardians 3, it managed to hit just about every emotion.

Spoiler

Interesting to read after that they were determined for there to be no sympathy in the High Evolutionary character. They certainly achieved that, he was a horrible c**t

11 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Without giving any spoilers, please, would it matter if I see Guardians of the Galaxy 3 before seeing Ant-Man 3? And, if so, does anyone know when AM3 is going to be on Disney+?

I saw Guardians 3 tonight and it was a standalone film. No need to see AM3 prior, the events in it aren’t referenced at all I don’t think. 

Guardians 3 is the first comic book movie that I would class as good in quite some time. Was maybe a little long but besides that not many complaints. Probably the best post Endgame Marvel movie?

10 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Shang-Chi, No Way Home and GotG 3 are the best films since Endgame. The others vary from decent to shite.

Shang-Chi was good until the last 15 minutes, No Way Home was tremendous, and GOTG 3 was very decent.

On 04/05/2023 at 20:50, Mark Connolly said:

Really enjoyed Guardians 3, it managed to hit just about every emotion.

Hide contents

Interesting to read after that they were determined for there to be no sympathy in the High Evolutionary character. They certainly achieved that, he was a horrible c**t

Spot on with your spoiler, i thought that as well, 

Guardians was brilliant, such a joy and so much heartache.  The character arcs were so good, Nebula and Mantis mvps for me. 

Spoiler

Nebula sobbing when she learns Rocket is ok just about broke me

I did read a suggestion that they should ret con the HE to be a Kang variant and replace Majors with Chukwudi Iwuji given Majors issues and Iwuji's performance - he was terrific 

On 06/05/2023 at 08:52, Mark Connolly said:

Shang-Chi was good until the last 15 minutes, No Way Home was tremendous, and GOTG 3 was very decent.

I'd have those three but Shang Chi as the best. Spidey was a bit too much fan service to be enjoyable for itself i thought. Also thought Far From Home was decent. 

Tbh i'll probably watch them all again except The Eternals. 

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the new Ant-Man film. Pretty meh. Two hours of green screen explosions broken up by occasional terrible dialogue ("she wasn't you, baby" - fucking Hell). I didn't mind Bill Murray and the giant head but that was about it.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/06/2023 at 10:18, honestly united said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the new spiderverse movie, just the right mixture of comedy and story

Yes indeed. 

No idea it was the first of a two parter, and am all the happier for it. 

• 2 weeks later...