Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

At what point are they going to bite the bullet with Ezra Miller and just recast him?

He's a fucking massive wrongun and a liability. He's going to do something really bad to himself or someone else at the rate he's been going over the last 5 or 6 months.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

At what point are they going to bite the bullet with Ezra Miller and just recast him?

He's a fucking massive wrongun and a liability. He's going to do something really bad to himself or someone else at the rate he's been going over the last 5 or 6 months.

It makes you wonder if he has dirt on one or more of the people making the decision

17 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

It makes you wonder if he has dirt on one or more of the people making the decision

No idea. Even if he did, he's so off the rails, would anyone believe him?

Bear in mind his partner (again, that is a massively fucked up situation...she's 18, theres fair evidence that he's been with her on and off for six years) is a 'Native American spider goddess' and he is a messiah who will bring about a Native American uprising.

Watched Black Panther 2 last night; thought it was brilliant.

Spoiler

Man tears all over the place at the funeral and silent intro, and the silent flashbacks at the end.

The fight on the ship was making me think of Game of Thrones (before the last season), been a while since I've watched something thinking anyone/everyone could die - which probably says a lot since you're not getting a lot of named-character deaths with superhero films.

Looking forward to seeing how Namor comes back into it in the future.

Just one mid-credit scene and nothing after it for anyone thinking of sitting through right until the end, but it's a good one.

On 15/11/2022 at 09:46, LiviLion said:

Hide contents

Man tears all over the place at the funeral and silent intro, and the silent flashbacks at the end.

The fight on the ship was making me think of Game of Thrones (before the last season), been a while since I've watched something thinking anyone/everyone could die - which probably says a lot since you're not getting a lot of named-character deaths with superhero films.

Just one mid-credit scene and nothing after it for anyone thinking of sitting through right until the end, but it's a good one.

I saw it earlier today. Very much enjoyed it.

Aye, a lot of emotional stuff in this, especially the start.

Namor is a mutant, right? Yet another step towards X-Men after America Chavez. 

What is Valentina Allegra de Fontaine up to? 

Young T'Challa was quite the reveal!

Is Shurri just visiting Haiti or is she planning to stay there permanently, especially given its proximity to Talokan? If so then will M'Baku become the ruler of Wakanda? All for that!

57 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Reveal hidden contents

Is Shurri just visiting Haiti or is she planning to stay there permanently, especially given its proximity to Talokan? If so then will M'Baku become the ruler of Wakanda? All for that!

Spoiler

Namor actually described himself as a mutant when he was telling Shuri his story

On 18/11/2022 at 17:56, DA Baracus said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Fonatine if you remember the disney marvel tv shows is going about setting up the thunderbolts iirc, how she wormed her way to being the director of the CIA f**k knows

With wanda being described as a mutant in wandavision, chavez and now namor, you have to assume they'll introduce more well known mutants after ant man 3 (which btw looks fucking tremendous) 

Shurri as the black panther just didn't sit right with me, she didn't seem strong or powerful enough as it in terms of fighting, i know she eventually won but even a dehydrated namor was giving her a doing at some points, 

If she's to be the new black panther she really needs to work on her fighting to be the hero we know, 

M'baku defo needs more involved, his character is quite good

17 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:
  Hide contents

Fonatine if you remember the disney marvel tv shows is going about setting up the thunderbolts iirc, how she wormed her way to being the director of the CIA f**k knows

With wanda being described as a mutant in wandavision, chavez and now namor, you have to assume they'll introduce more well known mutants after ant man 3 (which btw looks fucking tremendous) 

Shurri as the black panther just didn't sit right with me, she didn't seem strong or powerful enough as it in terms of fighting, i know she eventually won but even a dehydrated namor was giving her a doing at some points, 

If she's to be the new black panther she really needs to work on her fighting to be the hero we know, 

M'baku defo needs more involved, his character is quite good

Yeah she's been doing shit for a while. She recruiter US Agent and tried to get Black Widow's sister to kill Clint Barton. She's up to something!

Aye Nakia or Okoye would have been the better choice for the Black Panther, but it seems that the title, and powers, is passed from monarch to monarch, making Shurri the only choice, even though she isn't yet queen.

Agree on M'Baku, he's brilliant!

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Hide contents

Yeah she's been doing shit for a while. She recruiter US Agent and tried to get Black Widow's sister to kill Clint Barton. She's up to something!

Aye Nakia or Okoye would have been the better choice for the Black Panther, but it seems that the title, and powers, is passed from monarch to monarch, making Shurri the only choice, even though she isn't yet queen.

Agree on M'Baku, he's brilliant!

Spoiler

With Willam Hurt croaking it they probably make her front and centre for the thunderbolts now, im sure part of phase 5 was the introduction of them, how they'll fit in god knows, 

They'll use a plan set out by General Ross, like an "anti avengers" plan (the fallout from civil war) like he wants a team to counter the avengers, she'll carry on the mantle and they'll just phase out his importance or something 

Okoye as BP would have been awesome, her character is fantastic, could maybe see shurri pass it onto her in a later film, given shurri isnt really down with the ancestral ways like others, 

2 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:
  Reveal hidden contents

With Willam Hurt croaking it they probably make her front and centre for the thunderbolts now, im sure part of phase 5 was the introduction of them, how they'll fit in god knows, 

They'll use a plan set out by General Ross, like an "anti avengers" plan (the fallout from civil war) like he wants a team to counter the avengers, she'll carry on the mantle and they'll just phase out his importance or something 

Okoye as BP would have been awesome, her character is fantastic, could maybe see shurri pass it onto her in a later film, given shurri isnt really down with the ancestral ways like others, 

Spoiler

The Ross part has been recast though. Harrison Ford is going to play him in Cap 4

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special.

Clearly a take on the legendary pisspoor Star Wars one of the late 70s. For me it didn't really work. The funny bits weren't all that funny. The plot was fine

Spoiler

except my kids had no clue who Kevin Bacon was

The best bit was the song right at the start.

Spoiler

I found it too long, and it dragged at times. It was, for me, way too sentimental for a Marvel film.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Things going well at DC

Hide contents

After Henry Cavill returning as Superman at the end of Black Adam, he's not going to be in the next Superman film. I suppose it at least means he's free to be Bond

f**k knows why they bothered releasing that promotional photo of him. Surely has to be the next Bond. 

• 2 weeks later...