Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

11 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Michael Keaton's return as Batman looks like its jinxed. He's filmed two movies now in 'Batgirl' and 'The Flash', and both look like they're never going to see the light of day.

Both filmed in Glasgow. 

The city's jinxed.

13 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Michael Keaton's return as Batman looks like its jinxed. He's filmed two movies now in 'Batgirl' and 'The Flash', and both look like they're never going to see the light of day.

How bad does it have to be that the reputational damage of letting it be seen is greater than even recouping a percentage of the near 100 million spent making it...

3 hours ago, renton said:

How bad does it have to be that the reputational damage of letting it be seen is greater than even recouping a percentage of the near 100 million spent making it...

It was planned as an HBOMAX original release. You could argue it was never going to make back it's money. Other than perhaps a fraction in international markets that don't have HBOMAX. There seems to be talk of reshoots being needed and the interconnected nature with other DC films causing issues.

WBD might well see the costs in reshoots, post-production and marketing, as not being worth the slight return. The original budget came under the previous Warner Bros regime. So its not like its their money that's been spent. 

As soon as the merger went through, WBD were happy to shutdown CNN+  weeks/months after it had launched as they saw it as a money pit.

EDIT: Seems it can also be used as a tax write-off this way.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Saw Thor: Love and Thunder at the cinema last night and enjoyed it a lot.  It's taken the style of Ragnarok and turned it up to 11, which I suppose will define how much you like it or not.

It's more of an all out comedy than even Ragnarok was, but the opening was pretty dark.  I liked Christian Bale's Gorr, but would have liked him to have had a bit more to do.  Tessa Thompson is woefully underused as well.

Some of the musical cues are just perfect

On 05/08/2022 at 14:39, jagfox said:

Just noticed The Sandman series on Netflix. 

Seems well put together and The Corinthian is in episode one so could be okay...

Just finished this and liked it a lot. Jumps around quite a bit in pace/tone but that feels consistent with the comics. 

10 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I was really bored by the first episode.

I don’t think I’ll bother with the rest.

Develops into two main story arcs. If you're a fan of the original material it is certainly worth a watch.

Question for anyone thats read the comics, but is the Constantine in Sandman suppose to be the same one from the DC comics (that had his own series and appears occasionally in the arrow-verse) just changed sex?

I've not read them but appears to be the same character, just now a woman.

Edited by honestly united

35 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Question for anyone thats read the comics, but is the Constantine in Sandman suppose to be the same one from the DC comics (that had his own series and appears occasionally in the arrow-verse) just changed sex?

I've not read them but appears to be the same character, just now a woman.

John Constantine was descended from Lady Johanna Constantine, and they are both characters in Sandman.

They have changed the John character for the series, with Jenna Coleman playing both