Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

16 hours ago, Baggio said:

Dr Strange was a lot! Elizabeth Olsen was ridiculously good, cameos were fun, actress in the end credits made me happy and some of the deaths were brutal!

Wanda did not f**k about when she stopped being nice, agree that Olsen was brilliant.

The whole film was very Sam Raimi, which in this case is definitely a compliment.

Spoiler

Was slightly surprised that Vision didn't appear in any way, and on the cameos, I would not be averse to seeing John Krasinski play Reed Richards again, especially if he could convince his wife to play Sue Storm

That was a quality mind f**k lol, 

Be interesting to see where they take the mcu now, absolute endless options and f**k knows what the big bad will be for the next phases

Spoiler

You have to laugh at some of the people fighting wanda/scarlet witch, what the f**k did reed richards think he was going to do to her, just simply wrap her up for eternity lol, shes a witch tapped into the darkhold who can do shit with her mind 🤣🤣

Just finished Moonknight thought by the end of it I'd have a better idea of what is happening

Confused Kevin James GIF by TV Land

Went to see Dr Strange on Friday night and really enjoyed it but won't risk any spoilers for those who haven't seen it.

Enjoyed Dr Strange, back half of it was great fun it really didn't mess about and pushed the 12a rating to the limit, surprised some of it got through. Loved the cameos,

Spoiler

Mainly because they killed them all within 10 mins or so. Professor X getting his neck snapped and Black Bolt blowing his own brains out were the highlights

Edited by Squalor Vic
Just because

18 hours ago, Squalor Vic said:

Enjoyed Dr Strange, back half of it was great fun it really didn't mess about and pushed the 12a rating to the limit, surprised some of it got through. Loved the cameos,

Hide contents

Mainly because they killed them all within 10 mins or so. Professor X getting his neck snapped and Black Bolt blowing his own brains out were the highlights

Spoiler

Im still unsure as to how peggy thought that throwing a metal shield at the most powerful being in the mcu to date would suffice lol, i know it was a means to an end but fucking hell, it was pretty fucking stupid 

Saw Dr Strange last week. I thought it was decent. I'm able to suspend disbelief pretty well but even I thought it started get a bit silly.

Took my young son to watch, knowing it was going to be a horror film, but expected it to be given the usual MCU treatment . I Left in disbelief that it had the same rating as Spider-Man: No Way Home 🤣 Some gruesome deaths.

On 11/05/2022 at 14:41, 54_and_counting said:
  Hide contents

Im still unsure as to how peggy thought that throwing a metal shield at the most powerful being in the mcu to date would suffice lol, i know it was a means to an end but fucking hell, it was pretty fucking stupid 

I won't hear a word against Peggy... 

On 11/05/2022 at 14:41, 54_and_counting said:
  Hide contents

Think it was just arrogance or complacency. Strange tries to warn them but they totally dismiss him, with Reed pretty much saying it will easy for them to handle Wanda.

Edited by DA Baracus

Anyway, just seen it.

Scarlet Witch was a great big bad for this film. Not sure if we're supposed to have had sympathy for her, but I had absolutely none. Her mental snap was not even close to excusing her actions.

Of course she'll be back at some point. They'll need her help for the 'big BIG bad', whoever that may be. 

What became of 616's Mordo?

Loved the wee, and big, nods to the What If? series, like the car in the railings in one of the universes.

Was hoping we'd get a Pietro at some point.

Good stuff though. Enjoyable.

I saw Doctor Strange yesterday. I really enjoyed it, but I can see why it might split opinion.

Spoiler

Wanda was amazing and Elizabeth Olsen phenomenal, topping her WandaVision performance. We definitely need more Wanda in the future.

The movie as a whole really threw a curveball at me. I was all set for Strange to be a sort of anti-hero, being the one wanting to dive into the multiverse as a direct follow-on from NWH, and Wanda being the one to fix things. The wedding scene at the start made that seem even more likely as he brooded over Christine.