Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

7 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Watchmen tv series was a bit of a let down. All be it only 9 episodes but yeah thought be way better. Only 1 season.

Arrowverse has went out the window as can't get certain TV shows. 😞

Think the Watchman series was bad, just as the film was bad. But I think that’s because the book is overrated pish.

20 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Watchmen tv series was a bit of a let down. All be it only 9 episodes but yeah thought be way better. Only 1 season.

Arrowverse has went out the window as can't get certain TV shows. 😞

Ooft - I thought the Watchmen TV show was fantastic. The film was garbage. 

On the Arrowverse, Legends of Tomorrow is back, and it is as fantastically bonkers as always.

Watched Eternals - it's not as bad as some reviewers have made out.

It's real issue is that it's an introductory film - setting up both future Eternals films but also the Black Knight. When you have that many characters being introduced it was never going to be easy. Marvel would have previously used about 10 films just to flesh out each of the characters - I think that's how it felt there was a lack of depth.

You would hope that there would be more character development as the films progress.

It certainly isn't the worst comic book film out there and I enjoyed it more than the likes of Black Widow.

18 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It's real issue is that it's an introductory film - setting up both future Eternals films but also the Black Knight. When you have that many characters being introduced it was never going to be easy. Marvel would have previously used about 10 films just to flesh out each of the characters - I think that's how it felt there was a lack of depth.

You would hope that there would be more character development as the films progress.

It certainly isn't the worst comic book film out there and I enjoyed it more than the likes of Black Widow.

I watched this tonight as well and that sums things up pretty nicely for me.

On 15/01/2022 at 21:52, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I quite enjoyed it too, looked and felt different from most marvel films and reckon we can put that down to the director maybe having a bit more free reign than most (maybe had more clout off the back of Nomadland) 

Gets a bit marvel-y by the end as per usual. I'm really not a fan of Richard Madden in anything I've seen him in. Always comes across fairly wooden

9 hours ago, Squalor Vic said:

I quite enjoyed it too, looked and felt different from most marvel films and reckon we can put that down to the director maybe having a bit more free reign than most (maybe had more clout off the back of Nomadland) 

Gets a bit marvel-y by the end as per usual. I'm really not a fan of Richard Madden in anything I've seen him in. Always comes across fairly wooden

Agree on Madden, he's an awful actor, yet constantly gets big gigs, and is being talked about as a potential Bond.

On 15/01/2022 at 21:52, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Re-watched this after seeing at the cinema. It was a bit better on second viewing but it's still a bit of a mess. I rated it a 6 (just) on first viewing and would uprate to a solid 6 now. The irish guy got even more annoying though. 

10 hours ago, Squalor Vic said:

Watched it over the weekend as well, and wasn't overly impressed (although watching it at home was a nightmare with the wife and kids talking over the top of it). I dont think the number of characters is the issue or the script, its down to bad acting, or poor casting as there was no chemistry between the characters - aside from the scenes with Kit Herrington.

I think it would have worked better as a 12 episode TV series rather than movie

23 hours ago, scottsdad said:

On the last season of Titans on Netflix and need a new show to watch with the kids after this one. 

Watched all the arrowerse, mandalorian, etc. Any suggestions much appreciated (I think I asked this a few months back as well...)

Do all the marvel stuff. Plenty films n shows to work through. 

I've still Smallville to watch. That on its own is 10 seasons. 

I have already watched Titans on Netflix, but it deserves my attention one more time. It is not a simple series, but it is an art. I recommend this comic to everyone. I tell my co-workers about this serial even on go here where I work and make descriptive essays. That is how impressed I am with the characters.

Edited by Donald P. Shew

On 24/01/2022 at 10:06, honestly united said:

Anyone watching the Peacemaker yet? Havent watched any myself yet (as not on Netflix or Amazon) but noticed it was already up to episode 4 without any comments on here

Just watched episode 1.

Quite good fun tbh, Cena is excellent as the lead

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone watching the Peacemaker yet? Havent watched any myself yet (as not on Netflix or Amazon) but noticed it was already up to episode 4 without any comments on here
Yeah up to episode 7 so far. Great stuff, not a huge superhero type fan but this is brilliant. The opening credits are something else.

19 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Seen it trending on Twitter. The Marvel Netflix shows are leaving at the end of the month. Presumably they'll end up on Disney+ at some point.

Aye Moon Knight is on there at same time, seen a trailer for it in the cinema the other day and tbh it looked kinda shit

Morbius im in two minds about, people are claiming the delays are because its test screenings were shit and they reshot scenes etc, but the trailers show decent promise for it