Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

On 22/12/2021 at 17:29, Robin.Hood said:

Hawkeye for me was such a dissapointment 

Save yourself from watching the credits after the last episode. Mate said it be good and interesting.  He is a c**t 

Not really sure what you are looking for from these miniseries.

2 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

For them to be decent. Its the poorest one I've seen   

I thought Falcon and the Winter Soldier was dull but still watchable. Hawkeye was fun. Kate Bishop was a good new character and lots of Yelena. Even Renner was fun at points. 

WandaVision was interesting IMO. Loki was excellent. 

I like how all the different strands have a different tone.

4 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I thought Falcon and the Winter Soldier was dull but still watchable. Hawkeye was fun. Kate Bishop was a good new character and lots of Yelena. Even Renner was fun at points. 

WandaVision was interesting IMO. Loki was excellent. 

I like how all the different strands have a different tone.

Wandavision first few episodes i hadn't a clue but thought was heap of shite but at the end of it all I quite liked it 

Loki I enjoyed 

Winter soldier was fine.

Falcon I agree was dull but for me was better then hawkeye. 

Yelena however we agree on. Yes please 

I think with the series its more about advancing the characters outside of the films, 

Wandavision obviously is to progress her to the scarlet witch, and deal with the loss of vision

TFATWS is to essentially give us a new cap as the previous one got old

Loki was the big one, that introduced the multi-verse and the implications of what happens in one universe etc, plus it allows Loki to return to the mcu at somepoint

Hawkeye is perhaps Renners passing of the torch and his retirement from the mcu as a main character (maybe make an odd cameo) and it not only introduced us to the new hawkeye and black widow essentially, but it also tied in the netflix shows (well daredevil at least) 

They weren't absolutely storming for every episode, imo they were good overall but they also served to bridge a possible gap that the movies couldnt with regards to many of the characters 

On 26/12/2021 at 22:51, accies1874 said:

Can I ask a question? Why is No Way Home getting so much attention when Homecoming, Spider-Verse and Spider-Man 2 are all infinitely better?

Because its the most recent one out, ties every spiderman film together and is in no way 'infinitely' worse than the 3 you mention

Its not exactly weird that a 1 billion dollar blockbuster is getting attention, really 

3 hours ago, Squalor Vic said:

Because its the most recent one out, ties every spiderman film together and is in no way 'infinitely' worse than the 3 you mention

Its not exactly weird that a 1 billion dollar blockbuster is getting attention, really 

If it ties together all 3 then I’m looking forward to it. That would be a clever feat indeed. 
I never saw the Andrew Garfield ones. Just didn’t understand the point of them existing, at the time.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Late to the party but haven't been on much since before Christmas. 

Really enjoyed Hawkeye and thought No Way Home was tremendous.

Same with both, hawkeye for me was just a cracking way for renner to step back and maybe just make the odd cameo role in the mcu going forward, and introduce kate into the mix and give helena another foothold into it as well

The show was to be treated lightly, i dunno if because wandavision was shown first and it was deep, had meaning, powerful and all that other stuff that people wanted the rest of the shows like that, even TFATWS was kinda dark as well, 

Not a massive lover of Marvel films but continue to go see them as I use my Unlimited Card to see most films that are out however I very much enjoyed No Way Home. Imagine similar to most but the top 3 Spiderman films for me (in order) are:

3. No Way Home 

2. Spiderman 2

1. Into The Spiderverse

3 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Same with both, hawkeye for me was just a cracking way for renner to step back and maybe just make the odd cameo role in the mcu going forward, and introduce kate into the mix and give helena another foothold into it as well

The show was to be treated lightly, i dunno if because wandavision was shown first and it was deep, had meaning, powerful and all that other stuff that people wanted the rest of the shows like that, even TFATWS was kinda dark as well, 

Definitely got Die Hard vibes from it.

2 hours ago, ListerRRFC said:

Not a massive lover of Marvel films but continue to go see them as I use my Unlimited Card to see most films that are out however I very much enjoyed No Way Home. Imagine similar to most but the top 3 Spiderman films for me (in order) are:

3. No Way Home 

2. Spiderman 2

1. Into The Spiderverse

It's a difficult one. I thought all three of Holland's were brilliant whereas I was laughing at (not with) Spider-Man 3 in the cinema. Probably skews my opinion towards that trilogy as a whole, despite how good 2 is. Holland's also has the benefit of having the MCU behind it.

Into the Spiderverse is great.

I seem to be in a minority by not thinking that no way home was great. It was entertaining and had some good set pieces but it relied too much on prior knowledge for me. I'd only seen two of the films from the other series (the first in each) so probably missed a whole load of in-jokes and the nostalgia effect was lost on me.