Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

On 12/11/2021 at 11:56, scottsdad said:

We are about 5 episodes into season 5 of Agents of Shield and are losing the will to go on. The season started in a space station following the destruction of the earth. 

Question for anyone who has watched this - does it get better? The show has taken a huge and sudden sip in quality. Is this a blip, or the start of a terminal decline?

No it dosnt. Was a slog for me 

The change in back n fourth between the flash and the arrow is pretty cool.

Season 2 of Arrow and Season 1 of the flash. Constantine be next 

Having given up on Agents of Shield, we went for DC's Titans. 

I feel like a bloody fool though. Watched the whole pilot and none of it clicked with me until my son said "you know, it's just an adult Teen Titans Go". NONE of it clicked until then. 

On 15/11/2021 at 14:56, scottsdad said:

Having given up on Agents of Shield, we went for DC's Titans. 

I feel like a bloody fool though. Watched the whole pilot and none of it clicked with me until my son said "you know, it's just an adult Teen Titans Go". NONE of it clicked until then. 

Have you tried Doom Patrol?

BBC have picked up DC's Superman & Lois and are giving it the old Saturday evening slot that Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman got back in the 90s.

Really surprised at that seeing as they've shown zero interest in any of the other Arrowverse shows over the years.

Just now, scottsdad said:

No - is it any good?

I think so.  It's an interesting setup, a bunch of no hoper misfits with meta-human powers hiding away from the world with their own traumas and eventually forced into trying to save the world. It's funny, often quite darkly so. Brendan Fraser does the voice of Robotman, a perenially frustrated former NASCAR star who's brain was kept alive in a hulking robot body. There is Rita Farr, a former 50s actress who has an uncontrollable power where she turns into a lving blob, a former air force test pilot who is radioacitve and bonded to an alien 'negative spirit' and there is Jane who is the primary personality in a young woman suffering from multiple personality disorder and where each personality has it's own unique power. The team is led by Dr caulder played by Timothy Dalton. In season 1 the chief baddie is a 4th wall breaking alan Tudyk. There is a talking cockroach that preaches the end times and a sentient, living street that cna hop around locations and identifies as genderqueer.