Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

I enjoyed what if. Still though, it felt like a missed opportunity as there was a lot of different characters that could have been used that we haven't seen before. Where was any of the fantastic four or even bring in the mutants into it, heck I would have loved for a Deadpool kills the universe.

They just kind of went with the basics that we've already covered. Doesn't matter what different universe,we already know that one Killmonger's going to be a dick, T'challa's going to be a force for good, and Thor's going to act like a man-child in every universe. Shock. None of these are looked beyond to create a surprising twist on anything that we already expected. The only good twist was the doctor strange episode, but almost every other character you could predict exactly what was going to happen. The zombies was at least fun.

It was fine having it all wrapped up nice bow and kept this series all linked under one arc, but they could have taken a good couple of risks on an individual story or two and this felt like the one area they could have got away with it but didn't. Just once again typical marvel in settling for solid 7 out of 10 quality but never going beyond that.

It's still a good watch and arguably only loki has been better, which says more about their lack of television game quality. Once again it could have been waaaay better.

1 hour ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Still though, it felt like a missed opportunity as there was a lot of different characters that could have been used that we haven't seen before. Where was any of the fantastic four or even bring in the mutants into it, heck I would have loved for a Deadpool kills the universe.

The showrunners had  the specific restraint of only being allowed to use characters already introduced in the MCU.

28 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

That I knew, which disappointed me. Still annoyed that they didn't try more interesting things with the ones they did.

Might find that certain things either had to be done or couldn't be done due to future storyline already being planned out, the MCU is seemingly planned out for the next decade so having to fix plot holes etc would be more trouble than its worth 

On 08/10/2021 at 16:44, 54_and_counting said:

Might find that certain things either had to be done or couldn't be done due to future storyline already being planned out, the MCU is seemingly planned out for the next decade so having to fix plot holes etc would be more trouble than its worth 

It's fair enough, but I have to say they limited the things they could have done with the original characters. Had no point did I feel much of a shock factor for anything other the Dr. Strange episode.

2 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Finished season 1 of Arrow. Was alright tbh. Will go on again  and see what I like. However can tell will probably go back n fourth with this 

As I said before, it gets better. Season 2 if I recall correctly was very good indeed, and then we start expanding in to The Flash etc. 

That, plus half the guest cast of Arrow came from Spartacus.