Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

Personally thought Doom Patrol and Titans have been excellent. Constantine is worth a watch also

The whole Arrow/Flash/Supergirl/Legends i thought started well, but went down hill after a few seasons so might be worth skipping and saving on 200+episodes of viewing

Titan's have watched.  Others will have a look. Regardless all shall be watched.  Yay 😀

Doom Patrol and Legends of Tomorrow are both wonderfully weird if you're looking for going completely out there. Doom for a more x-rated perspective (especially that one scene), legends with their usual CW 'go full thespian' shtick.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

On 14/09/2021 at 12:50, Robin.Hood said:

WandaVision is a bit different. To start with was a slow start but eventually I thought it was alright overall 

Now onto Dc tv shows. No clue where to start. Smallville just a few seasons to watch... 

The DC shows are where the kids and I enjoy them. The issue is you kind of have to so them semi-simultaneously as there are crossovers. 

Arrow is the first one and so it's called the Arrowverse. A quick look on google tells me this is the order you should watch them in...

1. Arrow seasons 1 then 2.
  2. Arrow season 3 and The Flash season 1 together (crossover - Flash 1x08, Arrow 3x08)
  3. Alternate between Flash season 2 and Arrow season 4 for three episodes only. Then add in Supergirl season 1. So you should be alternating three shows...until episode 10. (Crossover Flash 2x08, Arrow 4x08)
  4. Alternate between Supergirl season 1, Flash season 2, Arrow season 4 and Legends of Tomorrow season 1. Legends was a mid-season premier so it would be episode 11 of Supergirl, Flash and Arrow, then episode 1 of Legends. 
  5. Episode 1 of Flash season 3, then episode 1 of Arrow season 5. Then back on the rotation Supergirl season 2, Flash season 3, Arrow season 5, Legends season 2. (Crossover Supergirl 2x08, Flash 3x08, Arrow 5x08 then finally Legends 2x07)
  6. Rotation of Supergirl season 3, Flash season 4, Legends season 3 and Arrow season 6. (Crossover Supergirl 3x08, Arrow 6x08, Flash 4x08, Legends 3x08)
  7. Black Lightning season 1
  8. Rotation of Flash season 5, Black Lightning season 2, Supergirl season 4, Arrow season 7, Legends season 4. (crossover Flash 5x09, Arrow 7x09, Supergirl 4x09)
  9. Rotation of Supergirl season 5, Batwoman season 1, Black Lightning season 3, Flash season 6, Arrow season 8, Legends season 5. 
  10. The final, and biggest, crossover is Supergirl 5x09, Batwoman 1x09, Black Lightning 3x09, Flash 6x09, Arrow 8x09, Legends 5x09. 
  11. After this you do not need to follow any rotation or order. Arrow ends after this, and other shows are continuing without crossovers. 

The DC shows are where the kids and I enjoy them. The issue is you kind of have to so them semi-simultaneously as there are crossovers. 
Arrow is the first one and so it's called the Arrowverse. A quick look on google tells me this is the order you should watch them in...
  1. Arrow seasons 1 then 2.
  2. Arrow season 3 and The Flash season 1 together (crossover - Flash 1x08, Arrow 3x08)
  3. Alternate between Flash season 2 and Arrow season 4 for three episodes only. Then add in Supergirl season 1. So you should be alternating three shows...until episode 10. (Crossover Flash 2x08, Arrow 4x08)
  4. Alternate between Supergirl season 1, Flash season 2, Arrow season 4 and Legends of Tomorrow season 1. Legends was a mid-season premier so it would be episode 11 of Supergirl, Flash and Arrow, then episode 1 of Legends. 
  5. Episode 1 of Flash season 3, then episode 1 of Arrow season 5. Then back on the rotation Supergirl season 2, Flash season 3, Arrow season 5, Legends season 2. (Crossover Supergirl 2x08, Flash 3x08, Arrow 5x08 then finally Legends 2x07)
  6. Rotation of Supergirl season 3, Flash season 4, Legends season 3 and Arrow season 6. (Crossover Supergirl 3x08, Arrow 6x08, Flash 4x08, Legends 3x08)
  7. Black Lightning season 1
  8. Rotation of Flash season 5, Black Lightning season 2, Supergirl season 4, Arrow season 7, Legends season 4. (crossover Flash 5x09, Arrow 7x09, Supergirl 4x09)
  9. Rotation of Supergirl season 5, Batwoman season 1, Black Lightning season 3, Flash season 6, Arrow season 8, Legends season 5. 
  10. The final, and biggest, crossover is Supergirl 5x09, Batwoman 1x09, Black Lightning 3x09, Flash 6x09, Arrow 8x09, Legends 5x09. 
  11. After this you do not need to follow any rotation or order. Arrow ends after this, and other shows are continuing without crossovers. 

Thats quality info!

However, we watched flash, supergirl and legends but none of arrow. The cross overs were still pretty easy to follow.

We did, though , have to make sure we'd watched the right episodes of those 3 before the cross overs.

On 16/09/2021 at 21:19, Mark Connolly said:

I really liked the first few seasons of Arrow.

Once all the crossovers started happening, I lost interest

I watched 4 or 5 seasons of Arrow, then everything seemed to me just the same. Recently I have been reading more classical literature in different genres. One of the last books I read and which I really liked was Of Mice and Men. I learned about it from my friends and after that I read several useful articles about it on the site https://graduateway.com/essay-examples/of-mice-and-men/ The central element of this novel is its symbolism. There are many symbolic forms in this novel, such as people, religion, and some animals.

Edited by Kye Powell

I have watched all of the above except Batwoman (the kids didn't like it) and we stopped watching Supergirl after season 4 (again, the kids choice. I would have kept watching for Melissa Benoist). Jeez, when you read it back that is a lot of TV. 

Overall, Arrow took itself a bit too seriously and was trying to be dark and moody. The Flash is a very good all-round show but ran out of steam after 6 seasons. Black Lightning is worth watching for the soundtrack alone, one of the best on TV. Legends of Tomorrow is (in my opinion) the best because of the Arrowverse shows as it is the most utterly bonkers show of them all.

AcrobaticWelloffLeopard-max-1mb.gif

24 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Arrow it is 

I remember I started watched this many years ago... just can't remember where I finished. Is decent .

Krypton and Pennyworth I can watch on its own?

Not seen Krypton but Pennyworth is excellent and you can indeed watch it on its own. 

On 24/09/2021 at 09:13, honestly united said:

Krypton is basically about Superman's da, its a couple of seasons but standalone

Superman's Granda is it not?  Wallis Day happens to be Superman's potential granny and she's Batwoman.