Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

8 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Scarlett Johansson suing Disney for breach of contract/loss of earnings as they promised that "Black Widow" would have a cinema release before streaming. 

You can probably rule her out of appearing in any future films, then.

Disney with a less than classy public response. If her contract stands up I hope she gets her cash.

Wandavision was great, IMO. Episode four was probably the best one so you ditched it at the wrong time. The Captain America one was so-so and enjoying Loki so far. Disappointed we are already halfway through the series.
My wife and I have just started watching wandavision and have no fucking idea what it is.

Neither of us are in any way marvel fans but for some reason I thought this looked quite interesting.

But what the f**k is it meant to be? We've watched 2 episodes and we're none the wiser - but on your recommendation we'll give it to episode 4.

Are there jokes or story-lines that we're not getting?

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

My wife and I have just started watching wandavision and have no fucking idea what it is.

Neither of us are in any way marvel fans but for some reason I thought this looked quite interesting.

But what the f**k is it meant to be? We've watched 2 episodes and we're none the wiser - but on your recommendation we'll give it to episode 4.

Are there jokes or story-lines that we're not getting?

Episode three isn't that different to the first two, to be honest, until the last few minutes. You just kind of have to stick with it, I can't say more or will spoil what's going on.  Hope you like it, I know lots of people who don't care for Marvel who loved it.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

7 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Disney with a less than classy public response. If her contract stands up I hope she gets her cash.

I'd imagine it'll be a case of settle out of court and nobody ever finds out who really "won" the argument, as usual.

28 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Episode three isn't that different to the first two, to be honest, until the last few minutes. You just kind of have to stick with it, I can't say more or will spoil what's going on.  Hope you like it, I know lots of people who don't care for Marvel who loved it.

I struggled with it but was glad I persevered.

Yep. Loki was brilliant as well.
It's clear that Marvel are heading down the Multiverse route with this, the Dr Strange sequel and Ant Man 3.

It almost certainly means that other "dead" characters will return.

Heimdall, Black Widow, Iron Man to name a few, maybe even Cap back in a didn't stay behind with Peggie Carter timeline.

And given the introduction of Sylvie and the other variants then it can also be used to reboot characters with new actors without any explanation.

Effectively the MCU can do what the hell it wants now.

Saw Suicide Squad yesterday.

I thought it was a big improvement on the last one. Settled on being a comedy which worked given some of the obscure characters they were left with this time. Seems there may be hope for the DC universe yet.